Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

California Teachers System Wants Apple to Parent Children

Apparently, parents are no longer capable of controlling their children's behaviors. Is this any different than using the television as a babysitter? We can't fix parents, so let's ask corporate America to fix the children.

Apple investors urge action to curb child gadget addiction

NEW YORK — Two major Apple investors have urged the iPhone maker to help curb smartphone addiction among children, highlighting growing concern about the effects of gadgets and social media on youngsters.

New York-based Jana Partners LLC and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System said in open letter to Apple that the company must offer more choices and tools to help children fight addiction to its devices. The two investors collectively control $2 billion worth of Apple shares

....In a statement, Apple said the iPhone and other devices running on its mobile software already offer a variety of controls that enable parents to restrict or block “effectively anything a child could download or access online.”
    Full article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.5383f59022aa

If you're a kid you don't need a phone for anything other than checking in with your parents.

My eventual kid will have a flip phone until they're at least 14. Oh you're bored? Play Snake or go the **** outside.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    If you're a kid you don't need a phone for anything other than checking in with your parents.

My eventual kid will have a flip phone until they're at least 14. Oh you're bored? Play Snake or go the **** outside.
    Snake was great for about 20 minutes in car rides home lol

Weird, a child being attached to a device at all times from the time of 3 years old has a negative impact on their life. I would've never guessed.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

I was in the Apple store right after Christmas. As I was waiting to be helped, a woman came in pushing her 3-year old in a stroller and began showing him iPads and asking which he liked.

Amen.

as a parent, maybe set an example and don't be on your ****ing phone every single minute, so your kid doesn't think that is how life works?

Whatever.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I used to work overnight shifts in a state facility for individuals with developmental disabilities. Required to be awake the whole time. I used to play the **** out of some snake.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    as a parent, maybe set an example and don't be on your ****ing phone every single minute, so your kid doesn't think that is how life works?

Whatever.
    There was a hard-hitting cartoon in the paper that went something like:

Parents taking pics of newborn with phone.
    Parents taking pics throughout different milestones as a toddler.
    Kid drew a pic of family and his parents had phones instead of faces.

Something like that, but you get my jest.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I like that this isn't some weird group or anything. They own $2b worth of apple.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    There was a hard-hitting cartoon in the paper that went something like:

Parents taking pics of newborn with phone.
    Parents taking pics throughout different milestones as a toddler.
    Kid drew a pic of family and his parents had phones instead of faces.

Something like that, but you get my jest.
    Luis CK did a bit about parents at a kids talent show and all he could see were iPhones and iPads. The parents all staring into their devices while their kids were on stage looking at their parents for a connection that they didn't get because the parents were too busy making recordings they would never watch instead of connecting with their child

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Luis CK did a bit about parents at a kids talent show and all he could see were iPhones and iPads. The parents all staring into their devices while their kids were on stage looking at their parents for a connection that they didn't get because the parents were too busy making recordings they would never watch instead of connecting with their child
    It’s sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My parents never showed up for that type **** and I still respect that they better **** to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

Whatever.
    That would be a good start...

I would be nice if I could have parental controls on the devices to have some control. I'd love something that only allows it to be used like 45 minutes a day. Then the kid would learn all sorts of lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Smart phones are good for kids too tho, especially before they can talk, because they can learn a lot without being affected by our naturally delayed speech development.

All about balance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast