Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    AB going to be 100%? If not, I can see Jax D playing well enough to win. Not 5 INT good like last time, but still dominating.
    If AB is at or near 100% then I'd give the alight edge to Pitt.
    Wither way, I expect this to be a very close game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Take a look for yourself:

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But the Jags pass game sucks anyway. Can it possibly be suckier?
    I don't remember where I read it but someone argued the winds in Jacksonville last weekend helped Blake Bortles because they turned his interceptable passes into big misses.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't remember where I read it but someone argued the winds in Jacksonville last weekend helped Blake Bortles because they turned his interceptable passes into big misses.
    That's kinda sad. Did the wind only help Blake? Because Tyrod should have had the same argument too right?

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Not to mention the weather. Snow on Saturday with a high of 19 on Sunday, wind chill of 10, with winds going 10-20 MPG with 30 MPG gusts.
    I didn't know that and it's making me believe in the Jaguars more.

"Making Bortles beat us with his arm" has been the strategy of every defense Jacksonville has faced this season. In some games, he actually did. In other games, the run game was successful despite defenses trying to stop it, which is really a testament to Fournette and the OL's run-blocking. The Jaguars will probably repeat last games's strategy of having Bortles run a lot, too.

That's kinda sad. Did the wind only help Blake? Because Tyrod should have had the same argument too right?
    Well, they both were garbage so I'm certain the answer to your question is 'yes.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Eh. I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Because if Jacksonville is already bad at passing the ball, and the conditions make it worse, it means we can devote even more to the running game and force them to beat us through the air.

I wouldn’t say we’re more dependent on the pass, we’re more balanced then Jacksonville. We have a run pass split of 53/47. Jacksonville is 63/37. Even with the conditions factored in being more balanced always helps out.

I would expect us to play a lot of 8/9 in the box and play man on the outside with a single high and dare them to beat us with their passing game.
    I'm just saying that those conditions are going to be bad for both team's passing games howewver it hurts the Steelers more since they're going to have a good part of their offense be less efficient. Jaguars probably have a better chance if the Steelers passing game isn't as good since they shouldn't have counted on their own passing game regardless.

Thankfully for the Steelers though they have a terrific run game and run defense too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If Chad Johnson wasn't a tool, he might be a decent WR coach.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm just saying that those conditions are going to be bad for both team's passing games howewver it hurts the Steelers more since they're going to have a good part of their offense be less efficient. Jaguars probably have a better chance if the Steelers passing game isn't as good since they shouldn't have counted on their own passing game regardless.

Thankfully for the Steelers though they have a terrific run game and run defense too.
    This is where it makes me believe in my team more. They know how to operate in this. They are up against a team that's never been here, and isn't used to this weather.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I didn't know that and it's making me believe in the Jaguars more.

"Making Bortles beat us with his arm" has been the strategy of every defense Jacksonville has faced this season. In some games, he actually did. In other games, the run game was successful despite defenses trying to stop it, which is really a testament to Fournette and the OL's run-blocking. The Jaguars will probably repeat last games's strategy of having Bortles run a lot, too.
    The thing to keep in mind is the Steelers are really a different team than the last matchup. The other one I forgot is we were missing our starting RT, and I think our starting LG missed some time that game too.

Jacksonville's defense is facing a much different Steelers offense than the Steelers defense facing a different Jacksonville offense.

I also seriously doubt Ben's going to have the worst game of his career again. 5 picks and 2 pick 6's isn't likely to happen.

PROCESSING

Tony Romo pointed out that there's a certain way to throw the ball when it's windy, and that Bortles wasn't doing it right. That doesn't surprise me, since Romo was obviously a much better QB than Bortles.

The thing to keep in mind is the Steelers are really a different team than the last matchup. The other one I forgot is we were missing our starting RT, and I think our starting LG missed some time that game too.
    LT Alejandro Villanueva has done surprisingly well, going from practice squad to a solid starter. Also, he's probably the only offensive lineman in the NFL who doesn't look like an outlaw biker (because of his military background).

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    LT Alejandro Villanueva has done surprisingly well, going from practice squad to a solid starter. Also, he's probably the only offensive lineman in the NFL who doesn't look like an outlaw biker (because of his military background).
    David DeCastro doesn't really either.

Don't forget Alejandro Villanueva went from TE to WR, picked up by the Eagles who made him a DE, then to us where Mike Manchuck saw the potential for OT.

PROCESSING

In a way I think Jacksonville stinking it up (on offense anyway) but advancing nonetheless may be the worst thing that could've happened for Pittsburgh. First off their defense is outstanding; very little to question on that side of the ball. On offense, whether it was youth, nerves, playoff jitters, whatever; they simply are INCAPABLE of playing worse next week. Getting that clunker out of their system (without losing the game) I think will work to their advantage this Sunday.
    Pittsburgh will win but I could easily see this being a competitive game.

The real question is, during the IGT, what will War blame first?

Officiating or Haley?

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The real question is, during the IGT, what will War blame first?

Officiating or Haley?
    It's always Haley. We all know officiating sucks.

PROCESSING

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast