Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He'll still nab a 2nd. Romo had no value because of injury concerns. And he was like 36. Smith is still 33, not that old for his position. His game ages well because he's dink and dunk lmao . Smith looks like he still has 3 good years left at least, so I think he'll nab a 2-3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    A bag of chips. Thatís fair value
    Half eaten.

The return... 2018-19

But seriously, Denver should be the first one calling.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'd take Smith on the Browns but only if we whiff on Cousins in free agency.

Cousins is gonna either be with the Jets or Browns next year - book it. Giants would be spending way too much of their cap space for Cousins when they'll likely just draft Manning's replacement.
    Funny enough I think Smith would be really good for the Giants, but they probably can't afford his current contract. He's almost the anti-Eli with his safe play. Giants would still draft a QB of course. Or if they really wanted to go all in could go RB.

Smith + Barkley + Odell? Plus their D from last year (not so much this year maybe) and they'd get into the playoffs.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Personally I see Buffalo as the best fit for Smith. Solid D and good run game. They can send KC a third round pick (Eagles) and then draft their QB of the future with one of their two firsts or seconds. Smith gets **** on a lot, but statistically speaking he was a top 8-10 QB this season.
    Don't disagree, but I'm not sure the money works. Buffalo has a lot of free agents.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I think there are plenty of teams that could use him. Jacksonville would be an instant legit contender, for example. If Eli decides to retire or something, I'd definitely want him to be a Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why would anyone give anything knowing KC is already committed to PM going forward. Just wait until KC releases him.
    Because then you run the risk he doesn't pick you. For instance, I think JAX on paper would be the most attractive place. So a team like DEN, CLE, NYJ or BUF might want him but feel they won't be his pick in FA s they try to trade for him. And then if all 3 are thinking the same thing that drives up the price since now JAX would also get involved.

That's pretty much the story of how anyone who's likely cuts gets traded. QB position is just more important so it will drive up the price higher.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I see Smith's value close to what the Raiders got for Carson Palmer. Palmer had a decent year before he was traded and Oakland received a 6th round pick along with a conditional pick the following year. I think Smith is worth just a tad more. Something in the lines of a 4th round pick in 2018 and a 6th round pick in 2019.

Smith could potentially have a bunch of suitors. There are about 3 to 4 teams that are playoff caliber teams now and just need a QB. Teams like Jacksonville, Denver and Buffalo. The New York Jets could be another landing spot. Wherever Smith goes, he has to know that he's a stopgap and at 34 years old, he might be fine with that. Goto a team like the Broncos while they draft a QB this year or the following year to eventually take over in a few years.

An interesting plot could be the New York Giants. Tom Coughlin has a great relationship with Eli Manning and he could make a move for him to play in Jacksonville. If that happens, then New York could trade for Alex Smith with whatever they get from the Jaguars. Their money is close with Eli making $2M more. The Giants could still use their first round pick on Saquon Barkley or Connor Williams. Look for a QB like Luke Falk in the second round or continue to develop Davis Webb who is still very young at 22 years old.

I'd be surprised if NYG take anything but a qb 2nd overall. Just the trade Value of a qb in itself is worth it to take even if you don't like Sam or Josh. Someone else will pay a ransom, it happens every year or almost.

Smith is still going to net a 2nd. There's a reason QB's get paid the way they do. As sad as this seems to say, there are a lot of NFL teams that would be lucky to have Alex Smith as their QB. Denver, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, NYG, Tampa, Arizona, LA just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Smith is still going to net a 2nd. There's a reason QB's get paid the way they do. As sad as this seems to say, there are a lot of NFL teams that would be lucky to have Alex Smith as their QB. Denver, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, NYG, Tampa, Arizona, LA just to name a few.
    Dallas.

Alex Smith trade value?

None, maybe Arizona would give them a 5th pick.

"Killer Instinct"

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    None, maybe Arizona would give them a 5th pick.

Lol please tell me your joking. None?

Maybe like a 3rd rounder at best.

He'll have to go to a team that has weapons on offense. Cardinals make the most sense as they are in 'win now' mode with Fitz likely retiring next year.

He's honestly not a bad qb but has no value with them drafting pat so high

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast