Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,828
    Also, drafting a QB isn't about being better next year. It's about being better long term. It was great making the playoffs, but that is not the goal.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    So basically you want WRs to bail out Tyrod. The game doesn't work that way. It's a two way street. Tyrod also has to give them one on one chances which he doesn't. Benjamin will be a waste if the Bills keep Tyrod around because he's they type of WR.
    If wide recievers cant get open, If wide Receivers keep dropping passes, they can definitely sink a QB, so the same could be told by helping the QB. You think Jim Kelly did it all by himself. Your crazy to think that. Andre Reed made spectacular one handed diving catches all the time. And with Reich as QB, that comeback was all about Andre Reed's amazing 3 TDs. Don Beebe was so fast, picture someone quicker than Goodwin, but with superglue on his hands and caught everything. As far as TE's. Pete Metzleraars was one of the best TE's there ever was. Stats and TD's dont paint the picture all the time. Metz made unbelievable snags.

    Bills this year were amongst the top in the league with dropped passes. Last in the league to get open. But lets blame it all on the QB. I remember having this same argument, but with the shoe on a different foot with Fitzpatrick. I said he sucked while for some reason, everyone loved him.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Also, drafting a QB isn't about being better next year. It's about being better long term. It was great making the playoffs, but that is not the goal.
    I would be all in for drafting a QB. Do I think it will happen, no. As much as we may not like Peterman, the coach loves him. The coaches biggest move this season was making a statement by how much he loved Peterman, by starting him against LA, even with it possibly jeopardizing the playoffs. That was a huge statement.

    So now we think they will draft his eventual replacement? Drafting a QB makes a statement that says McDermott was wrong about Peterman. Makes the statement that he was stupid to play him. That is why, we wont see a QB drafted. They are going to draft and fix the problems on this team that they feel will help Peterman succeed. There is no way anyone on 1 Bills Dr. thinks that a rookie will shine with these WR's and behind this line.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I would be all in for drafting a QB. Do I think it will happen, no. As much as we may not like Peterman, the coach loves him. The coaches biggest move this season was making a statement by how much he loved Peterman, by starting him against LA, even with it possibly jeopardizing the playoffs. That was a huge statement.

    So now we think they will draft his eventual replacement? Drafting a QB makes a statement that says McDermott was wrong about Peterman. Makes the statement that he was stupid to play him. That is why, we wont see a QB drafted. They are going to draft and fix the problems on this team that they feel will help Peterman succeed. There is no way anyone on 1 Bills Dr. thinks that a rookie will shine with these WR's and behind this line.
    Dude, you've been going on and on about Peterman and nobody believes the Bills are as enamored with him as you say. Beane is going to draft a QB and he's going to do it early.

    1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    If wide recievers cant get open, If wide Receivers keep dropping passes, they can definitely sink a QB, so the same could be told by helping the QB. You think Jim Kelly did it all by himself. Your crazy to think that. Andre Reed made spectacular one handed diving catches all the time. And with Reich as QB, that comeback was all about Andre Reed's amazing 3 TDs. Don Beebe was so fast, picture someone quicker than Goodwin, but with superglue on his hands and caught everything. As far as TE's. Pete Metzleraars was one of the best TE's there ever was. Stats and TD's dont paint the picture all the time. Metz made unbelievable snags.

    Bills this year were amongst the top in the league with dropped passes. Last in the league to get open. But lets blame it all on the QB. I remember having this same argument, but with the shoe on a different foot with Fitzpatrick. I said he sucked while for some reason, everyone loved him.
    I agree with you about the lack of WR talent. My question was more so why couldn't Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, and Hogan be enough for him when they are now key players in some of the best offenses in the league. He's had his fair share of weapons, just not a capable enough passer to use them.

    As far as Benjamin, it's known that he isn't a WR that creates separation. He can almost serve as a crutch for inaccurate QBs, but Tyrod didn't use him because he plays it safe and doesn't throw into tight windows or give his WRs chances to make plays. Big difference with how Cam Newton used Benjamin and how Tyrod does. Benjamin is a good WR, but he's a very specific kind of WR. Tyrod needs speedsters and good route runners like what the Bills had before.

    Jordan Matthews was also a WR that lacked the skills to create separation, which is why some of us said there will be a noticeable drop off going to him and Jones from what we had before. That's also why Matthews was put in the slot and why he doesn't command double teams.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Dude, you've been going on and on about Peterman and nobody believes the Bills are as enamored with him as you say. Beane is going to draft a QB and he's going to do it early.
    Even if he doesn't... that says a lot more about how they feel about the holes on the team and Tyrod's ability to improve than it does about Peterman.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I would be all in for drafting a QB. Do I think it will happen, no. As much as we may not like Peterman, the coach loves him. The coaches biggest move this season was making a statement by how much he loved Peterman, by starting him against LA, even with it possibly jeopardizing the playoffs. That was a huge statement.

    So now we think they will draft his eventual replacement? Drafting a QB makes a statement that says McDermott was wrong about Peterman. Makes the statement that he was stupid to play him. That is why, we wont see a QB drafted. They are going to draft and fix the problems on this team that they feel will help Peterman succeed. There is no way anyone on 1 Bills Dr. thinks that a rookie will shine with these WR's and behind this line.
    He was a 5th round draft pick. There are no expectations for him. If he becomes a long term back up, it was a successful pick at that point, so no one was wrong about him.

    That was all about seeing what they had in Peterman to determine what they wanted to do moving forward. That wasn't because the Bills love him. They were just doing their due diligence. The timing of it was horrible though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •