Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Right. The above shows how we have drafted somewhat poorly and have been stuck in purgatory in the years leading up to this playoff year.
    All those drafts were considered good to great. That's my point. Drafting is a crapshoot beyond the first 10 picks. You'll miss way more than you hit.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    If the Bills are planning on moving on from Tyrod, the Bills should wait and see what happens to AJ McCarron from Cinci. If the arbitrator rules that he is an unrestricted free agent, sign him. I am sure now that I brought his name up, everyone will either be an expert on how bad or good he will be in the NFL. My opinion is, He will be pretty dam good and I wouldn't be surprised if New England goes after him hard.

Then use our first two picks on either the best pass rusher or offensive lineman available. Then hit up free agency and also get the best pass rusher and lineman available. We don't want to trade away our assets to take a chance on one of these rookies in college. Not to say they wont be great, but the cost to get them will leave us with no picks and we will have the same offensive line and as Profucus football rated us, the worse Wide Receiver group in the NFL. We could trade all our picks for the best QB available, even if the QB was set to become the next Tom Brady, but with the turnstiles we have on the line protecting for him, odds are he will be destroyed and soon to be injury prone. We all watched Tyrod run for his life that past two years. Then we watched at Peterman played and because he is isn't fast, he was intensely pressured. We cant afford to go all in on a QB at the cost of getting rid of our picks.
    I like McCarron, but how often do these types of moves work? Matt Flynn, Mike Glennon, Rob Johnson...

Without a top QB, you aren't building anything in the NFL. Why fans still argue this is beyond me.

You can make some noise without a premier QB. Jax, vikings ect. The thing with those teams are if they had a premier QB then they would be favorites to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You can make some noise without a premier QB. Jax, vikings ect. The thing with those teams are if they had a premier QB then they would be favorites to win.
    Jacksonville is in the playoffs for the first time in 10 years and won the weakest division in football to do it. Minnesota got more out of their backup than they really should have and if we're all being honest New Orleans should be playing in Philadelphia today. Neither is a case for not going after a premier QB.

Also, people forget that Bortles was a Top 5 pick. He has struggled to adjust to the league, but he came in with loads of potential and has even performed at an elite level for periods of time. Case Keenum is a good QB, but there is no way Minnesota repeats the success they had this season if they bring him back as starter next season.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; Yesterday at 04:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123