Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    But bad moves sink a franchise just as quickly as no moves. You give him credit for ďtryingĒ but if he was the gm in GB every single person would be bashing him for his last 3 offseasons. Trying doesnít matter, results do.

I never said graham was a bad player. But they never did a good job of fitting him to their system. He was underwhelming his entire tenure so far. In his 5 years in NO he averaged 78 catches for about 950 yards and 10 tds per year. That included his rookie year, where he only started 5 games. In Seattle, he averaged about 55 catches for 680 yards and 6 tds per year. His best year in Seattle would have been his 4th best season in NO. And they gave up one of their best linemen and a first rounder for him, which also ignores the large sum of money he was paid that couldnít be spent elsewhere. Graham isnít a bad player, but I donít see how you can look at that deal and think it was a plus.

Richardson has 1 sack this year and he gave up a 2nd rounder for him. Right now, thatís looking like an awful deal. If ted did that, he would have been butchered.

And itís probably early to judge the Duane brown deal, but they better hope it works since they gave up a 3rd and 5th this year and a 2nd next year. So now the Seahawks have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds this year and are without a 2nd next year. They still need plenty of OL help, will probably lose one of graham, Paul Richardson or Sheldon in FA, and/or may need to release Sherman or brnnett.

Sure, heís had some nice picks since Wilson, but nice picks donít cut it. Just ask gb fans. Kenny clark and Davante Adams are better than anyone Seattle has drafted in that timeframe. Randall might be better than anyone as well. So itís tough to point to Schneiderís drafts the last few years as well.

Iím not trying to bash the guy and say heís garbage. But people seem to think heís the savior. Itís hard to look at any move heís made in the past 3 years, besides lock up guys to extensions and say heís made great moves for that organization.

Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    I agree with crew & IRNMN if McCarthy quits I think things can quickly get out of control in GB.
    I disagree.

I think any coach could do just as good as Mcarthy has done.

Elite QBs are the most important aspect of winning, period.

They win even in spite of bad coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But bad moves sink a franchise just as quickly as no moves. You give him credit for ďtryingĒ but if he was the gm in GB every single person would be bashing him for his last 3 offseasons. Trying doesnít matter, results do.

I never said graham was a bad player. But they never did a good job of fitting him to their system. He was underwhelming his entire tenure so far. In his 5 years in NO he averaged 78 catches for about 950 yards and 10 tds per year. That included his rookie year, where he only started 5 games. In Seattle, he averaged about 55 catches for 680 yards and 6 tds per year. His best year in Seattle would have been his 4th best season in NO. And they gave up one of their best linemen and a first rounder for him, which also ignores the large sum of money he was paid that couldnít be spent elsewhere. Graham isnít a bad player, but I donít see how you can look at that deal and think it was a plus.

Richardson has 1 sack this year and he gave up a 2nd rounder for him. Right now, thatís looking like an awful deal. If ted did that, he would have been butchered.

And itís probably early to judge the Duane brown deal, but they better hope it works since they gave up a 3rd and 5th this year and a 2nd next year. So now the Seahawks have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds this year and are without a 2nd next year. They still need plenty of OL help, will probably lose one of graham, Paul Richardson or Sheldon in FA, and/or may need to release Sherman or brnnett.

Sure, heís had some nice picks since Wilson, but nice picks donít cut it. Just ask gb fans. Kenny clark and Davante Adams are better than anyone Seattle has drafted in that timeframe. Randall might be better than anyone as well. So itís tough to point to Schneiderís drafts the last few years as well.

Iím not trying to bash the guy and say heís garbage. But people seem to think heís the savior. Itís hard to look at any move heís made in the past 3 years, besides lock up guys to extensions and say heís made great moves for that organization.
    i never called him a savior. But you seem to be bashing him for similar reasons you like Ted?

Probably the biggest reason ted is bashed currently is lack of moves. You cant say that about Schneider right now. You can only judge whether or not they were great moves.

How about this. Ted Thompson recently has been revered as almost as good if not just as good as Wolf over his years of GM. If you can find a guy who has had just as good if not nearly as good of success as him isnt that a good thing? Schneider is that guy. All these other guys are unproven comodities.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I disagree.

I think any coach could do just as good as Mcarthy has done.

Elite QBs are the most important aspect of winning, period.

They win even in spite of bad coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a bunch of bologna, and elite QB does not guarantee wins. I don't know if you forgot him, but Ray Rhodes has Brett Favre in his prime terrible. He went 8-8 with a Hall of Fame QB. 2014-2016 Sean Payton had three straight 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees. Wade Phillips had a 7-9 season with John Elway. Phillip Rivers a solid QB how many times have they made the playoffs since Shottenheimer. I could go on.

Any coach could do what McCarthy is doing? Mike Mularkey, Steve Spagnoulo, Chip Kelly, Cam Cameron, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniel, Romeo Crennel, Marc Trestman, Dom Capers, Greg Schiano, Rod Marinelli, Mike Singletary, etc. They could all do the same job?

I swear fans of this franchise sometimes are far too spoiled.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 01-06-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Brian Gutekunst interviewed about the Packersí sudden GM vacancy earlier this week, and heíll make a trip outside of Green Bay to meet about another opening soon.

The Texans will interview Gutekunst on Sunday in Houston, Mark Berman of Fox 26 tweets.

Houston has already scheduled an interview with Bills exec Brian Gaine, who is viewed as the early favorite, but Gutekunst ó currently the Packersí player personnel director ó has been a popular target over the past two offseasons. He was also mentioned as a Texans candidate once Rick Smithís leave of absence opened this position to outsiders.

Gutekunst may also be fighting an uphill battle in Green Bay, with Russ Ball viewed by some as the favorite to succeed Ted Thompson. This occurring could certainly prompt Gutekunst to look elsewhere for a job, and the Texans are going to evaluate him this weekend.

The Packers exec interviewed with the 49ers and Bills last year for their GM openings. He withdrew from consideration for the San Francisco job.
    proofootballrumors.com

I am sure Gutekunst is just feeling things out depending on what happens with the Packers.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    That's a bunch of bologna, and elite QB does not guarantee wins. I don't know if you forgot him, but Ray Rhodes has Brett Favre in his prime terrible. He went 8-8 with a Hall of Fame QB. 2014-2016 Sean Payton had three straight 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees. Wade Phillips had a 7-9 season with John Elway. Phillip Rivers a solid QB how many times have they made the playoffs since Shottenheimer. I could go on.

Any coach could do what McCarthy is doing? Mike Mularkey, Steve Spagnoulo, Chip Kelly, Cam Cameron, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniel, Romeo Crennel, Marc Trestman, Dom Capers, Greg Schiano, Rod Marinelli, Mike Singletary, etc. They could all do the same job?

I swear fans of this franchise sometimes are far too spoiled.
    I agree entirely bit good luck trying to get people on here to agree. McCarthy gets no credit because heís had two hall of fame qbs. People like to gloss over the fact that one of those hall of fame qbs was coming off a 4-12 season when McCarthy took over.

Id rather a franchise go down swinging over being scared to death at risk... no risk no reward in this league.... if we fail because we are trying to put the very best on the field then thems the breaks but fact remains we didnt and put it all on one of if not the best QBs ever.

That is such crap and you know it. If we missed the playoffs the next 3 years because we made dumb trades and signed overpriced but trashy players, you wouldnít say ďoh well, at least we triedĒ.

And if thatís the case, then I hope you never complain about the Marty Bennett signing, or Clay Matthews being overpaid or any signing like Cobb or Perry or anyone. Because signing those guys is ďgoing down swinging.Ē

That is such crap and you know it. If we missed the playoffs the next 3 years because we made dumb trades and signed overpriced but trashy players, you wouldnít say ďoh well, at least we triedĒ.

And if thatís the case, then I hope you never complain about the Marty Bennett signing, or Clay Matthews being overpaid or any signing like Cobb or Perry or anyone. Because signing those guys is ďgoing down swinging.Ē
    Look now you are just trying to play everyone.

But if we sign guys that we thought were gonna be great and end up not being great. Fine. You aren't ever gonna be GM and run away from a season doing nothing as long as everyone else is and they win a superbowl. You aren't. If you do and everyone else does. Then its great for you. Just hope Aaron can do it for you.

But I mean hey ya, 3 years no playoffs with Aaron Rodgers. Pretty bad run. That guy should probably concede GM-ship.

Should be we mad about signing Bennett? Eh? I don't know. Split fan base. Many wanted Cook. Many thought Bennett was a bigger signing than Cook. Me, i think they were similar but when Aaron went down, Bennett bailed. I think Cook would have too. Maybe not in the same manner, but he would have quit, just like everyone else. It was pretty distinct for several weeks. Even before the fact we still had a chance with Rodgers.

Hell, either Jordy gave up or he just sucks now. That is just truth.

I agree entirely bit good luck trying to get people on here to agree. McCarthy gets no credit because heís had two hall of fame qbs. People like to gloss over the fact that one of those hall of fame qbs was coming off a 4-12 season when McCarthy took over.
    Or maybe you give him too much credit? It's a two way street here bud. If you don't think that Rodgers is the main reason for our success and what's been keeping a lot of guys employed here then idk what to tell you. MM is an ok coach but i definitely think we can do better. I do give him some slack since TT was never aggressive in FA. Or maybe Ball is to blame for that after some of the recent stuff that's came out about him. Which is why i will be pissed if Ball gets the GM spot.

With that said i do think that for the time being its a good idea to keep him around. It'd be a lot of work to fill all three of the positions in one off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Look now you are just trying to play everyone.

But if we sign guys that we thought were gonna be great and end up not being great. Fine. You aren't ever gonna be GM and run away from a season doing nothing as long as everyone else is and they win a superbowl. You aren't. If you do and everyone else does. Then its great for you. Just hope Aaron can do it for you.
    Iím not playing anyone. I know people in this forum. Itís all about results. At the end of the day, it doesnít matter how you get guys. If the new gm nails the next two drafts and we win 2 Super Bowls without ever signing an outside free agent, not a soul will be angry. If we win Super Bowls by trading all of our draft picks for players, then no one will be mad either.

But on the flip side, of the new gm sucks at drafting and/or signs terrible deals, people will still hate him. This forum is full of people who just want to complain. And TT was one of the easiest people to complain about. So like what often happens, people take one thing that ted was bad at/didnít do, and think we need to overcorrect. We didnít use free agency, so now we need a guy whoís aggressive in free agency and tries to make trades and that stuff. When in actuality, we just need someone with a good process. It doesnít matter what the process is, as long as they acquire good players

So my point on Schneider is that you have to look at his process. A few years ago, it was awesome. He crushed a couple drafts and set the Seahawks up for years. That shouldnít be discounted. But for everyone that says ted and mike are living off drafting Rodgers and havenít done much since, I donít see how you canít basically say the say thing about Schneider and Wilson.

Thereís two time frames to judge GMs. First itís how do you build a roster from scratch. Guys like ted, Schneider and Ozzie newsome in Baltimore did a good job of that. They all won a super bowl with a youngish qb on a cheap contract. Iím not saying thatís an ďeasyĒ thing to do. But it basically requires you to hit on a qb and hit on about 2 more star players in drafts close to the qb. Then, if needed, you supplement that core with outside guys. Schneider deserves an A grade for that part of it.

But then thereís part 2 of sustained success. And thatís maintaining your roster after those young, cheap stars get mega deals. At that point, youíre picking later in the draft and canít afford any missed in FA, cuz that will eat up a chunk of the little bit of cap you have. To me, thatís the phase the Schneider has entered fairly recently. I have not been impressed with that phase of Schneiderís career. And thereís a ton of folks who were upset with that phase of teds career. So if Schneider comes here and doesnít do a good job, whether he uses free agency or not, people will rip on him. Itís all about results. And anyone on here who pretends it isnít and theyíd be happy with anyone who signs free agents is delusional.

The search is over. Brian Gutekunst will be the next GM for the Packers. Ill attach the article in a minute.

Ian Rapoport @ Rapsheet

The #Packers are hiring Brian Gutekunst. Finalizing a deal now, per @TomPelissaro and me.
    Tom Silverstein

I can confirm hat Brian Gutekunst is the the next #Packers GM.
    Great choice in my view it was either Wolf of Gutekunst who I was hoping would win out. He's a great scout maybe the Packers best talent eye. He will doe great in my view. Plus no rift between the GM and the HC or QB.

I think the Packers made the right choice here. He's a great personnel guy, and he's got a great eye for talent. I don't see Ball going anywhere who likely serves in a simlar role. I wonder what this means for Eliot Wolf, I know he was in the running for some GM jobs, but in my view the only two candidate were Wolf and Gutekunst, despite all Ball rumors. Now on to the DC search!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast