Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Kobe and Iverson are like my least two favorite NBA players of all time. And the number of fans that glorify them makes me hate them even more lol.

Same [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Kobe and Iverson are like my least two favorite NBA players of all time. And the number of fans that glorify them makes me hate them even more lol.
    I hear you... the Kobe fans at least have th 5-rings to fall back on, but AI has nothing... all he has is a Denver team that couldn't get out of the first round with him, but got to the conference finals with Billups, and a Sixers team that saw an immediate improvement when Iverson got traded for Andre Miller.

I'm curious what your opinoon of T-Mac is. I usually lump him in with Kobe, both talent/skill/mentality-wise.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-09-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

In 01 Curry isn't tossing up as many threes, teams as a whole were no where near the attempts by teams today. The system and style of play of Larry Browns teams are more methodical and defensive oriented too. It was built to support Iverson's skill set and style of play, if you replace him with Curry does the team have the same success. Curry is smart and savy enough to adapt, but I'm not too sure he can have the same success the way that team was built. He has shown to struggle sometimes when good defenses clamp up on him in the playoffs, and this time around he doesn't have close to the same offensive help to bail him out. If the coaches change things up offensively and plays to Curry's strength he might do just as well, as they are not winning a title vs. the much superior west teams.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Curry is a better pure shooter than Iverson and Jordan and Lebron and insert name, now I guess according to you Curry is also better than those guys

I would love to see Curry get shipped to Charlotte for Walker and trade Howard for Mahimi and tell Curry to roll with Gilchrist and Batum as his big 3 and not only would those titles and league mvp's be non existent so would his fanbase but boy would he be hitting 3's at a high rate, bunch of wasted 3's experts would call it since he wouldn't make a serious run for a title over there

Put Iverson on this Warriors and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary, and him and KD are able to get a shot off anytime

Philly had a chance to do that when they passed up TMac/Iverson duo, boy that would have been something special
    passing on Pierce for Hughes was the toughest. Stupid Brown honoring his promise to Hughes!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    passing on Pierce for Hughes was the toughest. Stupid Brown honoring his promise to Hughes!
    Pierce for Hughes swap out, and the failed TMac trade are the two that make me the most upset. Add in the continual trading for over the hill stars to pair with AI like Kukoc, Coleman, Mutombo, Van Horn, Webber.

PROCESSING

Steph would probably average 40 a game, not sure if they'd win the finals tho. Granted the nba wasn't running as much pick and roll then but no one played perimeter defense the way they play now. No one guarded anyone that could knock down a pull up 30 ft 3. The Warriors offense is very conservative with Steph with their plethora of options. I'd love to see Steph in a role where a team needed him to shoot the ball 25+ times. His numbers would be godly.

Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Steph would probably average 40 a game, not sure if they'd win the finals tho. Granted the nba wasn't running as much pick and roll then but no one played perimeter defense the way they play now. No one guarded anyone that could knock down a pull up 30 ft 3. The Warriors offense is very conservative with Steph with their plethora of options. I'd love to see Steph in a role where a team needed him to shoot the ball 25+ times. His numbers would be godly.
    Well back then they could also handcheck on the perimeter so how would Steph handle having guys to that to him for 30-40 minutes a game. Part of where his is aided is guys canít touch him out there as he does all of that.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Let me take a educated guess here

I bet your favorite players are the Mikans and Duncans of the world, those methodical players right? do the right thing and play the right way? until you need to go playground instinct and do something special, that's Kobe and Iverson right there, that's the reason why the nba merged with the more entertaining ABA

If people who root for a certain player makes you hate then you may need some serious therapy because don't no fanatic of any player/team make me feel like nothing, especially when you tell it like it is

find something better to do because hate is a strong wombman emotional trait, and if you are a female then excuse this last sentence because you cant help it, its natural

Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post

His numbers wouldn't be godly as far as what everybody on here sucks him off for and that's his efficiency, which would be around what it should be playing with a cast of defensive misfits

You guys on here act like Curry is a perennial 50pct or better from 3, last I saw he was around 42-45pct with KD/Klay and the rest of the cast, now switch those guys with Mckie and Snow and you have a recipe for about 28ppg on 44pct FG and 38pct three point FG, which is about right what he should do playing with 5ppg career scorers

I am not sure if they would get out of the 1st round let alone a Finals trip, you guys are really letting Curry 2 year run blind you guys, let you guys tell it Curry has never lost a series unless its in the Finals while missing the point that he is almost like 10yrs into his career

you guys act like any player can chuck up 25+ shots with a purpose without thinking about why did a guy have to do it, was It selfish or team needed it? Curry and his 25 shots wouldn't be the same 25 he could take if he got hot on this Warriors team, it would be the hardest 25 shots of his life and sure he can make some tough shots but those odds of efficiency dwindle mightily when you are options 1-4 on offense and option 5 as a decoy to try and get a layup for those offensive challenged players

can you imagine right now in todays league if you take away the big 3 from Curry and add two 3ppg career scorers to form his new big 3 and the shots he would get and points he would score and they wouldn't be contending for jack ****, in either conference

Iverson was the entire offense on that team, just like you and others on here scream and pout about how much his defense masked him, well how much did he mask up for 5ppg career scorers on his team in Snow and Mckie? how about Lynch and his career 8ppg? see you guys make me laugh when speaking about this team like you can swap a Ginobili or Curry and they would be the same or better, none of those players had the motor for 48 minutes like Iverson, Ginobili did in spurts but he was a 6th man

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well back then they could also handcheck on the perimeter so how would Steph handle having guys to that to him for 30-40 minutes a game. Part of where his is aided is guys canít touch him out there as he does all of that.

Let his fanatics tell it he would just pull up from halfcourt to avoid it and shoot about 55pct from that range all season, including the postseason

Steph and his ankles would be worse off more than ever in that era of ball, Iverson was getting crushed when he moved to SG running off screens to shoot and attack

its funny that people talk about Iverson and his efficiency but never watched a game where his mates would play with the ball like its a hot potato because they don't know what to do on that end without Iverson on the floor

I want everyone to go watch the game 1 vs. Lakers in 01' Finals and see what I am talking about, facts

we are sitting up here talking about a 5'10'' 150lbs being a nba teams 1-5 offensive options on every possession he is in the game and he did it for 10yrs with the worst support cast ever for a legend

go look up the legends of the game and see who had the worst rosters in their youth/prime contending years

you experts on here paint a picture of Iverson playing with prime KG and Shaq and then taking 25+ shots a game and then he goes to the media and tells Shaq he needs to ease up and let him take 20 more shots

that day when experts mistake Mckie and Snow for KG/Shaq, wow

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    For nobody being allowed to touch him he sure does get touched a lot. Look at his arms they are covered in scratches from people grabbing him. I don't think he'd be able to play the same then and if we're talking late 80s to mid 90s someone would just take him out if he got hot.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    For nobody being allowed to touch him he sure does get touched a lot. Look at his arms they are covered in scratches from people grabbing him. I don't think he'd be able to play the same then and if we're talking late 80s to mid 90s someone would just take him out if he got hot.

Sorry but what Steph faces is nothing like those days.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Steph faces far more difficult defenses today than the 80s/90s. People mistake toughness for well-executed defense. Just because it was more physical, doesn't mean the defenses were better.
    Whole heartedly disagree.

PROCESSING

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast