Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So are you saying those guys couldn't give that exact same production next to Curry? I mean that's not much production at all. If that was to show what AI had to do to win, I don't see why Curry couldn't have matched AIs production at worst. He's a much more efficient scorer. If he had the ball in his hands like AI he would put up some crazy numbers.
    Snow had the ball in his hands for most part and then Mckie would for the other, you guys are confusing rookie Iverson PG ball in his hands over the Brown era of him running off screens like he was Curry/Miller/RIP/Allen, all of those guys are pretty much pure shooters with Allen/Curry able to penetrate when needed but are mainly volume 3 pt guys, and then the O'Brien era moved AI back to PG where he went for like 30+ and 8dimes both seasons

so Curry would have to go baseline from baseline letting those non scorers initiate for him to shoot 30x a game, which at least 15 of those shots would be 3's and his efficiency would dip mightily with the physical nature and glass ankles that Curry has, he wouldn't be able to play the 45+ minutes required from that anemic offense minus Iverson, you guys must didn't watch that same team when Iverson was out, they struggled to hit the 70pt mark, for the entire game

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My biggest question with all of this is how much does era play into it?

AI played at a time that there wasn't analytics, handchecking on the perimeter was legal, the floor wasn't as spaced, 4's weren't seen as shooters, and a 5 that went more than 5 feet from the rim was "soft".

I'm personally of the belief that if AI were playing today his efficiency would grow and he would be seen as a better player.
    I truly don't think he would be. There are still inefficient chuckers in the league today and AI was AI. His shot selection was atrocious and he played the way he wanted to (as seen from him being out of the league far before he should have been). And I feel like hand checking is overrated when looking at the better defensive schemes of today. I don't really think he would be that much better. He might even be looked at as worse because people would constantly talk about his pitfalls like they do a guy like Melo and there wouldn't be this legend status he has among guys who grew up idolizing him because he could score and looked "cool". But I certainly understand your side and I'm harder on Iverson than almost anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    But Steph was responsible for creating that Warriors culture. Allen Iverson wasn't. The team built around him. Steph was a part of the Warriors even when they tried to build Monta Ellis over him. Iverson on the Warriors (pre-KD) wouldn't even be a top five team, IMO. Iverson just gets vastly overrated by casual fans. Not calling you one but the guy wasn't a winning player. Nothing points to him ever being able to win. Like I said, outside of that lone Finals appearance, this guy never did anything remarkably close to what Curry has been able to accomplish. That Sixers team was built on guys covering for Allen's mistakes. Surround Allen with great defenders and length and have Allen shoot every shot. Now, imagine a guy like Curry who was just a better scorer than Allen Iverson could ever dream of being. Being able to score the ball does not correlate well with inefficient shot attempts. And Curry wouldn't need to play 45 minutes to put away a team. He could do it in 36 or less minutes. The only advantage Iverson has over Curry would be athleticism and that actually still doesn't matter because Iverson's height and stature was below Curry's.

Like do you really follow and study players and the game or just comment on what you hear from media outlets? the GM is responsible for building the Warriors culture with picks of Curry and Draymond and Klay as the core, now go back and read my older posts about this when I said the Sixers had a chance to build a special culture when they had drafted Iverson then had the 2nd and 8th pick in consecutive drafts and could of had a duo pick of TMac/Pierce/Dirk but instead GM failed him and drafted Thomas/Hughes, now if Warriors GM would have done a dumb move like trade Curry for Stoudemire as surfaced some yrs back then the Warriors would be the Sixers of the AI era, do you know who Billy King is? well that was the GM for Iverson and he was pretty pathetic at best

you cant win with all defenders like Brown built the team, they didn't surround him with great defenders to cover his weakness, how did they do that when he would lead the league in steals for years at the PG position? and on top of that why would you want a Nate Robinson height guy to shoot that many times just to try and win a game when its 5 on 5, are you saying Iverson was better off going 1 on 5 with the roster they had or going 1 on 5 because he is just that damn special and needs no help? this isn't golf or table tennis, its a team game and his team management failed him big time especially when you are a 18 win team in rebuild mode and got Iverson to work with and a 2nd overall pick next season, you draft TMac no brainer

even the Sixers now admit that they ****ed up the 98' pick by not taking Pierce who was there at 8, Pierce was like top 5 player in college and sitting there for the taking, Iverson cried that draft night according to reports, that's how bad the guy wanted to win and management failed him, Stern really did him in to be honest

Curry is a better natural shooter, that's all point blank period

and Curry would be playing with inefficient non scorers which would hurt his FG percentage bad, Curry isn't shooting 50percent from 3 right now and he has two of the best shooters in nba history at his side, Snow could barely hit a elbow jumper and Mckie could hit a open three but that's the thing he had to have those type of shots created for him, and make it even sadder I think Draymond avg more career ppg than those two players combined, and Green is known for everything else but scoring

Iverson had the athletic/tough/killerinstinct and playing like he is 6'8'' according to Lebron in a 5'10'' frame, Curry plays his height, his 3's make it rain

if Curry was 5'10'' he wouldn't be able to dominant like Iverson, athletic ability means a lot when you are playing athletic sports, that's why Jordan and Lebron and Wilt and Iverson were so dominant, they had the skill to match the super athletic ability they received at birth

You are on drugs if you don't think Curry would need to play 45 minutes with that roster, you are mistaking that Sixers team for this 3yr run of the Warriors, you think it was bad when Lebron when go on the bench for Cavs team, it was much worse and its the reason why Iverson would take a 3 minute first half break and play the entire 2nd half because the team needed him out there to even muster up just a ounce of offense, its a reason why Iverson took 25 shots per game and not Mckie or Snow, it was his lane, and Curry would able to get those 25 shots but boy it would be a bunch of double and triple teams and I don't care how unselfish you are when passing to guys who avg a combined 10ppg for career, it would still be the same, Snow would avg career high 10ppg with Curry as he did with Iverson, Mckie won the 6th man of the year with a weak 11-12ppg, Curry and his ankles would give out, Iverson was hurt/injured a lot for that Philly team, he just played through it all, even made a commercial about it back in his day

Iverson gets disrespected by you fake experts out there, cut it out and stop disrespecting a legend who played with G'leaguers and made a Finals trip, you act like they were supposed to be there, that team wasn't no contender but Iverson gave them a punchers chance because he was that good

if Curry only played 36 minutes on that Sixers team they would lose every game by at least 10pts, that's how offensively challenged that team was, which in turn hurt Iverson efficient numbers, for proof just look at his Denver numbers in 2008, when he was pushing 33yrs of age, Curry would take a hit as well, wouldn't be his fault because I would say the same thing about Curry and his support cast, they suck

if Iverson was on this Warriors team going to Finals I wouldn't look at Iverson any different as a player, he is who he is, phenomenal ever since HS Bethel, go look it up and watch for yourselef

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Like do you really follow and study players and the game or just comment on what you hear from media outlets? the GM is responsible for building the Warriors culture with picks of Curry and Draymond and Klay as the core, now go back and read my older posts about this when I said the Sixers had a chance to build a special culture when they had drafted Iverson then had the 2nd and 8th pick in consecutive drafts and could of had a duo pick of TMac/Pierce/Dirk but instead GM failed him and drafted Thomas/Hughes, now if Warriors GM would have done a dumb move like trade Curry for Stoudemire as surfaced some yrs back then the Warriors would be the Sixers of the AI era, do you know who Billy King is? well that was the GM for Iverson and he was pretty pathetic at best

you cant win with all defenders like Brown built the team, they didn't surround him with great defenders to cover his weakness, how did they do that when he would lead the league in steals for years at the PG position? and on top of that why would you want a Nate Robinson height guy to shoot that many times just to try and win a game when its 5 on 5, are you saying Iverson was better off going 1 on 5 with the roster they had or going 1 on 5 because he is just that damn special and needs no help? this isn't golf or table tennis, its a team game and his team management failed him big time especially when you are a 18 win team in rebuild mode and got Iverson to work with and a 2nd overall pick next season, you draft TMac no brainer

even the Sixers now admit that they ****ed up the 98' pick by not taking Pierce who was there at 8, Pierce was like top 5 player in college and sitting there for the taking, Iverson cried that draft night according to reports, that's how bad the guy wanted to win and management failed him, Stern really did him in to be honest

Curry is a better natural shooter, that's all point blank period

and Curry would be playing with inefficient non scorers which would hurt his FG percentage bad, Curry isn't shooting 50percent from 3 right now and he has two of the best shooters in nba history at his side, Snow could barely hit a elbow jumper and Mckie could hit a open three but that's the thing he had to have those type of shots created for him, and make it even sadder I think Draymond avg more career ppg than those two players combined, and Green is known for everything else but scoring

Iverson had the athletic/tough/killerinstinct and playing like he is 6'8'' according to Lebron in a 5'10'' frame, Curry plays his height, his 3's make it rain

if Curry was 5'10'' he wouldn't be able to dominant like Iverson, athletic ability means a lot when you are playing athletic sports, that's why Jordan and Lebron and Wilt and Iverson were so dominant, they had the skill to match the super athletic ability they received at birth

You are on drugs if you don't think Curry would need to play 45 minutes with that roster, you are mistaking that Sixers team for this 3yr run of the Warriors, you think it was bad when Lebron when go on the bench for Cavs team, it was much worse and its the reason why Iverson would take a 3 minute first half break and play the entire 2nd half because the team needed him out there to even muster up just a ounce of offense, its a reason why Iverson took 25 shots per game and not Mckie or Snow, it was his lane, and Curry would able to get those 25 shots but boy it would be a bunch of double and triple teams and I don't care how unselfish you are when passing to guys who avg a combined 10ppg for career, it would still be the same, Snow would avg career high 10ppg with Curry as he did with Iverson, Mckie won the 6th man of the year with a weak 11-12ppg, Curry and his ankles would give out, Iverson was hurt/injured a lot for that Philly team, he just played through it all, even made a commercial about it back in his day

Iverson gets disrespected by you fake experts out there, cut it out and stop disrespecting a legend who played with G'leaguers and made a Finals trip, you act like they were supposed to be there, that team wasn't no contender but Iverson gave them a punchers chance because he was that good

if Curry only played 36 minutes on that Sixers team they would lose every game by at least 10pts, that's how offensively challenged that team was, which in turn hurt Iverson efficient numbers, for proof just look at his Denver numbers in 2008, when he was pushing 33yrs of age, Curry would take a hit as well, wouldn't be his fault because I would say the same thing about Curry and his support cast, they suck

if Iverson was on this Warriors team going to Finals I wouldn't look at Iverson any different as a player, he is who he is, phenomenal ever since HS Bethel, go look it up and watch for yourselef
    You also think Iverson is a top 3 player ever which is SO far from the truth.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I truly don't think he would be. There are still inefficient chuckers in the league today and AI was AI. His shot selection was atrocious and he played the way he wanted to (as seen from him being out of the league far before he should have been). And I feel like hand checking is overrated when looking at the better defensive schemes of today. I don't really think he would be that much better. He might even be looked at as worse because people would constantly talk about his pitfalls like they do a guy like Melo and there wouldn't be this legend status he has among guys who grew up idolizing him because he could score and looked "cool". But I certainly understand your side and I'm harder on Iverson than almost anybody.
    No matter how hard you are on a player you need to look at it from both sides of the coin with a clear mind, Iverson was drafted a PG, his scouting report strength was his court vision/passing, while his weakness was shoot 1st, imagine that a guy who loves to shoot but had excellent court vision and passing, that's where you have to separate AI/Melo

go back and watch that 01' Raptors series when they ran Jordan rules at him especially in game 7 when Brown told AI he had to go into full pass mode because of the 4/5 defenders surrounding him at every turn

Jordan looked cool when he scored, B King looked cool when he scored, Iceman and Wilt and Nique and so on and on, and I bet you idolized Jordan, the coolest of all the cool nba players, until Iverson showed up

I think you are hard on Iverson because even now him not playing anymore the style is still mostly his, especially with all the scoring shoot first PG's in the game, even Lebron is more Iverson with that Tatts/arm sleeve and formerly the legendary ''headband'', bring it back Lebron

once you evaluate his roster from 98-04, his prime youthful years then you will see that it was really sad what he had to work with, you cant expect Wilt nor Jordan nor Lebron to do much with that roster, so why Iverson?

Quote me on that, find it on here

and no your boy DWade best friend said Iverson was ''probably the greatest player poundforpound ever'', Lebron put him top 3, go beef with Lebron on that note, the modern day Wilt(Shaq) said he was top 5 player ever, I mean the coach who coached all that original dream team talent said Iverson was a top 10 player ever

I don't have to say much after hearing it from those caliber players/coach, even a lesser player in Mutombo said he was top 5 ever

one thing for sure and two for certain, Iverson is a top 3-5 talent ever to step foot on the hardwood, that I easily know

that is SO close to the truth

You read all that and couldn't refute nothing so you wrote a famous one liner? you think Wade is top 3 player which is super SO far from the truth, why do you think Wade wear number 3 and played his attack style like a smaller player did? because Iverson was that good, face facts

you may as well take you sig picture of Wade and put a Sixers jersey on it, we all know he idolize AI

How can you have a healthy debate about something with one line replies? and I never mentioned nothing about Iverson being a top 3 player, we are comparing situations of swapping Curry for AI on that 01' GLeague team

I would love to see where you rank Jumaine Jones all time on your rankings, same with Raja Bell and Tyrone Hill and Lynch, you guys wouldn't even put them in your top 100 players, and they may not make the top 200 list

Curry would do better on that Sixers team than Wade would, now that was a serious joke right there, I am taking Wade
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-08-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Dumb thread. A **** load of players would've led that team better than Iverson. They also would be easier to build around.

AI was an all star icon with a flashy game that refs started admiring when they didn't call his carries. Think of it this way, the dude can't create for others without turning it over far more than elite playmakers and he's far less efficient as a go to scorer, so he's brings you the best of no worlds. That makes him an all star but no mvp caliber

You read all that and couldn't refute nothing so you wrote a famous one liner? you think Wade is top 3 player which is super SO far from the truth, why do you think Wade wear number 3 and played his attack style like a smaller player did? because Iverson was that good, face facts

you may as well take you sig picture of Wade and put a Sixers jersey on it, we all know he idolize AI

How can you have a healthy debate about something with one line replies? and I never mentioned nothing about Iverson being a top 3 player, we are comparing situations of swapping Curry for AI on that 01' GLeague team

I would love to see where you rank Jumaine Jones all time on your rankings, same with Raja Bell and Tyrone Hill and Lynch, you guys wouldn't even put them in your top 100 players, and they may not make the top 200 list

Curry would do better on that Sixers team than Wade would, now that was a serious joke right there, I am taking Wade
    You type too much nonsense for me to read it all. The pound for pound stuff is just to praise a guy. At the end of the day he's not a top 30 player ever. Wade is better than AI.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Would have still probably lost the Finals.

But I'd say they win 62.

Curry would average 35 PPG, be way more efficient, and so so much more.

The biggest difference would be how much better the 76ers would have been in the surrounding years. They would win 50 games every year with Curry, and be a threat for the Finals in that Eastern Conference every year. Not just a random run in a single season.

But they still aren't beating the Lakers and Shaq at that point.

Curry with all those defensive specialists setting him picks and getting him open, plus his float game when attacking. He'd easily be way more efficient and better than Iverson ever was. I'd say they win 5-6 more regular season games each season (replacing Iverson with Curry) and Curry would be popping off 35-37 PPG.

They would beat the Pacers in 00 and at least be a threat to beat the Knicks that year too. And I'm fairly certain they could beat the Celtics in 02. Or it would have been closer in the 3 loses.

It's crazy how many playoff series Iverson shot below 40% (7 out of the 14 playoff series he played in in his career, 6 out of 12 in the playoff series he played in as a 76er). Btw, the 76ers won 2 of those series where Iverson shot a sub 40%.

Iverson has to be among the least inefficient players to ever play the game, and you are replacing him with a player at his same position who is one of the most efficient, and doesn't need much room to get successful shots off.

Iverson was in the right place at the right time, getting out before analytics exposed how ineffective he was. He'd need to find the right organization to even be guaranteed a starting spot. I'm thinking sacramento.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    They probably don't end up as the 1 seed in the East, and the Raptors or Bucks get to the NBA finals that season.

Iverson and Curry are two completely different players. Curry excels on a good passing team that can get him the ball from beyond the arc... Don't get me wrong, he would be able to beat some guys on the ball, but on that Sixer team, it would be much more difficult for him to get accurate passes where he needs it.

Philly was good because of how effective Iverson was at penetrating and using his athleticism. His size occasionally served as an advantage to get around the defensive players(as well to draw calls). Curry's larger frame might serve as a deterrent.

Both of those guys are players of their generation, and they'll likely be effective in other generations, some of their game would be taken away.

Curry would probably be better defensively in the past generation though haha
    Fun fact, Curry is one of the league leaders every year in points not off a team mate assist.

While being one of the better advanced stat passers in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    The team would have been considerably worse overall not a knock on curry or a praise to Iverson but the differences in team structure era and skillset are massive. This goes back to the same arugement that has been made many times about swapping Iverson with Ray Allen. That team was built around Iversons skillset and if Curry or Allen where contested as heavy as Iverson and expected to have the ball in there hands as often there effiencys would drastically reduce.
    their*

And are you watching the same Steph Curry as me? Because Curry creates shots with no room all the time.

Steph Curry literally has a higher contested shot percentage than AI has overall field goal percentage
    http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/p...n-so-many-ways

Look at his shooting percentage with men in his face
    https://stats.nba.com/players/shots-...=FG3_PCT&dir=1

Curry would do a significantly better job of shooting with late 90's/early 00's players in his face. He literally has a better contested shot percentage (defender within 2 feet) than AI has overall career field goal percentage.

That's saying a lot.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Iverson would have killed in in Dallas or Suns, they would have each reached at least 1 Finals with Iverson, that Suns team would have been even more dangerous in that pace and space system, it would have been like it was at G'Town but on roids in Mike D attack, the Boston team is similar in defense but they have more weapons and athletes with Hayward/Horford and the athletic Brown who is Jumaine Jones with actual basketball game to showcase on the court, major difference there

I don't think people realize how inept Snow/Mckie were on offense, they avg career highs in ppg with Iverson, Snow increased his scoring by 7ppg with Iverson, that is a huge upgrade but coming from 3ppg its really not that much at all, but let the experts on here and afar tell it and Iverson made his mates worse and not ''better'' while at the same time ignoring that they were average to begin with and that's with or without Iverson, they are what they showed us they are, checkmate
    Dallas would have sucked with Iverson because rather than having efficient scorers like Dirk, Nash and Finley shooting, and a PG that distributes, they would have had an inefficient chucker like Iverson throwing up 30 shots a game while Dirk stood around wondering why the point guard wasn't passing the ball.

As for the Suns... same thing. Amare, Marion, JJ, and QT don't get to score efficiently if Iverson is chucking up 30 shot a game. And their offense isn't as terrigying to defences if they don't have a somebody who can shoot handling the ball (NAsh coudl shoot 3's; Iverson' couldn't).

The 76ers were built around AI because he WOULDN'T share the scoring load. That's why Stackhouse got run out of town (not that he was an efficien scorer either). They brought in players that would copliment Iverson because he coudln't play with anybody else.

This is why the Denver and Pistons team he was on saw no success.

IVerson was a ball hog who couldnt' shoot .450 is his life depended on it.

And save terms like 'checkmake' when you actually make an argument that is sound. Otherwise you sound liek a fool.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 01-09-2018 at 12:25 AM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

There is no team that a selfish player like AI can be on and win. The 76ers were literally the best team ever for him. Maybe add an additional rebounder like Rodman or Draymond at best.

People talk like he shot because he was on the 76ers and the only option. But that's who he was. He expected to do all the shooting.

He shot like that in college, in Denver, as a young player with Stackhouse.

Unless he is Jordan level awesome and efficient, you can't win with such a selfish player. Even as a Freshmen at Georgetown, he took the most shots per game and only shot 39%, despite having other NBA ready guys on the floor who were older.

It wasn't the team that made Iverson shoot a lot. He just expected to shoot a lot.

You can't win with that, and have a player that inefficient.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 01-08-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast