Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Do you think Iverson is better than Curry?
    thats not what the thread was created to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    thats not what the thread was created to ask.
    But that's what I'm asking you.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

i dont care what youre asking me. why try to change the topic discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i dont care what youre asking me. why try to change the topic discussion?
    So to sum it up, you know Curry is better but are too big of an Iverson fan to say it yourself. That's nothing to be ashamed of. It has to do with the thread because the better, more impactful player would probably do a better job.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

So to sum it up, you know Curry is better but are too big of an Iverson fan to say it yourself. That's nothing to be ashamed of. It has to do with the thread because the better, more impactful player would probably do a better job.
    Wrong.

That 01 Sixers team was built to work with what Iverson did best. Our bigs were all defensive stoppers with great rebounding abilities. The wings were spot up shooters who struggled with dribbling and passing. Our PG was defense first, offense last.

Curry is a better shooter. Allen is a more explosive player. Both have great handles, but I personally like Allen's a little more. Both are defensive liabilities who can make plays for you on that end.

I think Curry is slightly better but that team would not work well for Curry.

As other have said they certainly wouldn't be the 1 seed in the east, they wouldn't have been in the finals, and likely they would have been a purgatory team.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wrong.

That 01 Sixers team was built to work with what Iverson did best. Our bigs were all defensive stoppers with great rebounding abilities. The wings were spot up shooters who struggled with dribbling and passing. Our PG was defense first, offense last.

Curry is a better shooter. Allen is a more explosive player. Both have great handles, but I personally like Allen's a little more. Both are defensive liabilities who can make plays for you on that end.

I think Curry is slightly better but that team would not work well for Curry.

As other have said they certainly wouldn't be the 1 seed in the east, they wouldn't have been in the finals, and likely they would have been a purgatory team.
    I think that team fits Curry pretty well too, then give him 26-27 shots or however many AI took and he would look pretty dominant. He's probably a better playmaker too and his shooting would open up a lot of things for the other guys.

I think that team fits Curry pretty well too, then give him 26-27 shots or however many AI took and he would look pretty dominant. He's probably a better playmaker too and his shooting would open up a lot of things for the other guys.
    Well, AI opened things up for other guys too and they were still pretty terrible. I don't think that it fits Curry as well as you think. Curry plays off ball as much as he plays on ball. That wasn't the case with AI. Do you think that Eric Snow and Aaron McKie are initiating the offense when Curry doesn't?

I'll give you a minute to look up these guys careers but here's who AI started with Game 1:
    Tyrone Hill (40 minutes, 1/6 shooting)
    Jumain Jones (11 minutes 2/3 shooting)
    Dikembe Mutombo (44 minutes 4/7 shooting)
    Aaron McKie (51 minutes 3/7 shooting)

Eric Snow played 31 minutes with 5/10 shooting. And Raja Bell played 19 minutes.

Now guessing that you think that those guys would have been fine with Curry too, I'm guessing that you are too young to have seen and remembered what that team was like, or the fact that not a single player on that team shot better than 50% from the field, or that Dikembe shot better with the Sixers than with Altanta that season, or just how bad Snow and McKie were. (That was McKies best shooting season at 47%, Snows 2nd best at 44%)

PROCESSING

Well, AI opened things up for other guys too and they were still pretty terrible. I don't think that it fits Curry as well as you think. Curry plays off ball as much as he plays on ball. That wasn't the case with AI. Do you think that Eric Snow and Aaron McKie are initiating the offense when Curry doesn't?

I'll give you a minute to look up these guys careers but here's who AI started with Game 1:

Eric Snow played 31 minutes with 5/10 shooting. And Raja Bell played 19 minutes.

Now guessing that you think that those guys would have been fine with Curry too, I'm guessing that you are too young to have seen and remembered what that team was like, or the fact that not a single player on that team shot better than 50% from the field, or that Dikembe shot better with the Sixers than with Altanta that season, or just how bad Snow and McKie were. (That was McKies best shooting season at 47%, Snows 2nd best at 44%)
    So are you saying those guys couldn't give that exact same production next to Curry? I mean that's not much production at all. If that was to show what AI had to do to win, I don't see why Curry couldn't have matched AIs production at worst. He's a much more efficient scorer. If he had the ball in his hands like AI he would put up some crazy numbers.

All of that is true. However, I think that the team would have been just as good with a player who is immensely more efficient (obviously his efficiency would drop in Iversons place) getting the same amount of shots that the team wouldn't be better. As stated earlier it's never as easy as just switching places because the league was different then but I feel like Curry is obviously a much better player and that would translate to a better team. Curry is a score first type PG like Iverson and I think a much better scorer would make the team better simply from an uptick in efficiency from the guy getting the most shots. Yes Curry plays off the ball now because of the system but to think that he wouldn't be able to bring the ball up and be ball dominant in another situation is just not a good argument. Curry is a great player and would perform just fine in AI like circumstances.

IMO, the biggest question is if Curry could handle the work load and hold up the way Iverson did. As much **** as I give AI, I will certainly give the guy credit for being able to handle all that while staying healthy and never wearing down during the season/playoffs.

sure if thats how you wanna take it feel free. lol

on subject: i really dont think Currys body would have help up carrying an entire offense of misfits playing major mins on a nightly basis. AI was a perennial 40+ min per game player while Curry has never made it past 38 and hes fragile as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    All of that is true. However, I think that the team would have been just as good with a player who is immensely more efficient (obviously his efficiency would drop in Iversons place) getting the same amount of shots that the team wouldn't be better. As stated earlier it's never as easy as just switching places because the league was different then but I feel like Curry is obviously a much better player and that would translate to a better team. Curry is a score first type PG like Iverson and I think a much better scorer would make the team better simply from an uptick in efficiency from the guy getting the most shots. Yes Curry plays off the ball now because of the system but to think that he wouldn't be able to bring the ball up and be ball dominant in another situation is just not a good argument. Curry is a great player and would perform just fine in AI like circumstances.

IMO, the biggest question is if Curry could handle the work load and hold up the way Iverson did. As much **** as I give AI, I will certainly give the guy credit for being able to handle all that while staying healthy and never wearing down during the season/playoffs.
    My biggest question with all of this is how much does era play into it?

AI played at a time that there wasn't analytics, handchecking on the perimeter was legal, the floor wasn't as spaced, 4's weren't seen as shooters, and a 5 that went more than 5 feet from the rim was "soft".

I'm personally of the belief that if AI were playing today his efficiency would grow and he would be seen as a better player.

PROCESSING

AI would go the foul line like 20x a night in todays league

Curry is a better pure shooter than Iverson and Jordan and Lebron and insert name, now I guess according to you Curry is also better than those guys

I would love to see Curry get shipped to Charlotte for Walker and trade Howard for Mahimi and tell Curry to roll with Gilchrist and Batum as his big 3 and not only would those titles and league mvp's be non existent so would his fanbase but boy would he be hitting 3's at a high rate, bunch of wasted 3's experts would call it since he wouldn't make a serious run for a title over there

Put Iverson on this Warriors and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary, and him and KD are able to get a shot off anytime

Philly had a chance to do that when they passed up TMac/Iverson duo, boy that would have been something special

My biggest question with all of this is how much does era play into it?

AI played at a time that there wasn't analytics, handchecking on the perimeter was legal, the floor wasn't as spaced, 4's weren't seen as shooters, and a 5 that went more than 5 feet from the rim was "soft".

I'm personally of the belief that if AI were playing today his efficiency would grow and he would be seen as a better player.
    Bingo, someone on here truly gets it, now watch everyone else who doesn't get it will act like what you just said didn't really happen in that era, that's how funny this nba talk has become

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast