Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 246
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,025
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    That team was designed to hide AI's weakness and maximize his strengths. It's never as simple a straight up swap.
    I'd take Curry over Iverson without hesitation, but this is the only thing that could be said of such a transaction.

    That team was designed around Iverson. That said, it would still be a good team with Curry, but Snow and McKie weren't terribly great shootrs, and Snow, though a great teammate and hard worker, was a little small and gave up a little on D. You'd have to put Curry at SG, and in some match-ups, his size would also put him at a disadvantage on D (though not a much as Iverson).

    It would be curious to watch. Snow and McKie were willing passers, and Hill and Mutumbo were hard workers on D and on the glass. I think Curry could do a lot with that, but defenses could also focus on him more and would be hit as hard for it as they are with KD, Klay, Iggy, and Green spreading the floor.

    TrueFan420 sums it up as best as it can be.

    I think the more interesitng swaps would be Kyrie for Iverson, or Curry for Steven Nash in the Suns title run.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    72,032
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    That team was designed to hide AI's weakness and maximize his strengths. It's never as simple a straight up swap.
    Yep

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,421
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    AI had to put that "load" because he was such a one dimensional inefficient player that the team had to be built around it and so more often than not, it required more effort than it should. Curry's impact on the court far surpasses that of AI regardless of who is on his team. They're not only two different players but one is just on another level that the other has no business being mentioned with.

    To another person's argument that Philly would win less games because Curry relies on passing. That's incorrect. Curry passes because he's unselfish at times. But the guy can absolutely play SG and take over games by scoring if he wanted to. How much more evidence do you need when a guy can shoot casually from halfcourt?
    When I said passing, I was referring to the team around him. The Core of Golden State right now, (Klay, Green, Durant, Igoudala, etc), are much better than what AI had. I think if you compare the numbers from 2017 Golden State, the Warriors averaged 10 more assists per game over the 76ers in 2001 (8 more if you want to take away Iverson vs Steph). Other than Snow and maybe Mckee, there might be trouble getting Steph the ball off a screen. Which is another thing; the Warriors players excel at setting screens so some others can get open; I'm not sure how good that team would be when it comes to screens.

    It would be interesting how he'd change the game then though. Seeing that the previous generation's version of Steph was in his prime on the Bucks, I wonder if he'd take even more shots from beyond the arc


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    14,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    When I said passing, I was referring to the team around him. The Core of Golden State right now, (Klay, Green, Durant, Igoudala, etc), are much better than what AI had. I think if you compare the numbers from 2017 Golden State, the Warriors averaged 10 more assists per game over the 76ers in 2001 (8 more if you want to take away Iverson vs Steph). Other than Snow and maybe Mckee, there might be trouble getting Steph the ball off a screen. Which is another thing; the Warriors players excel at setting screens so some others can get open; I'm not sure how good that team would be when it comes to screens.

    It would be interesting how he'd change the game then though. Seeing that the previous generation's version of Steph was in his prime on the Bucks, I wonder if he'd take even more shots from beyond the arc
    But Steph was responsible for creating that Warriors culture. Allen Iverson wasn't. The team built around him. Steph was a part of the Warriors even when they tried to build Monta Ellis over him. Iverson on the Warriors (pre-KD) wouldn't even be a top five team, IMO. Iverson just gets vastly overrated by casual fans. Not calling you one but the guy wasn't a winning player. Nothing points to him ever being able to win. Like I said, outside of that lone Finals appearance, this guy never did anything remarkably close to what Curry has been able to accomplish. That Sixers team was built on guys covering for Allen's mistakes. Surround Allen with great defenders and length and have Allen shoot every shot. Now, imagine a guy like Curry who was just a better scorer than Allen Iverson could ever dream of being. Being able to score the ball does not correlate well with inefficient shot attempts. And Curry wouldn't need to play 45 minutes to put away a team. He could do it in 36 or less minutes. The only advantage Iverson has over Curry would be athleticism and that actually still doesn't matter because Iverson's height and stature was below Curry's.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,766
    Probably around the same number of games (between 55-60). Curry is a huuuuuuuge upgrade though. He would be able to take Iverson's scoring load without question, and be far more efficient while still sacrificing a decent amount of his efficiency he is currently boasting. Iverson had a 51.8ts% and 106 ORtg. Assist rate of 23%, turnover rate of 10%.

    If Curry took the 25.5 shots a game, no doubt in my mind he scores \more than 31 points a game. He would also be a better distributor for his teammates because of the far greater attention he draws on the court with his shooting ability.

    They still don't win a ring though.



  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,084
    Terrible thread.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,817
    Curry is better

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,817
    .
    Last edited by Giannis94; 01-08-2018 at 11:17 AM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    28,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They'd still lose the finals.
    no way they get past the Bucks
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Some of you make it seem as if they were beating each other with a bat. There are some differences but nothing a player of Curry's caliber that couldn't be figured out. Curry's three point shooting ability would be completely foreign to that style of basketball to where they would have zero answer as to defend Curry. Neither of us are wrong because none of us can prove wins/losses in hypothetcial scenarios but they would be a better team and that's something I think most would stand by. Some of you really forget Iverson was a huge loser outside of the 01 Finals appearance. He achieved nothing after and before that. East was also horrible that season. AI gets credit for leading the poor Sixers but Ray Allen and Vince Carter were very close to beating the Sixers while having equally, if not, poorer teammates.
    When you say a guy was a loser are you sure you are putting this into its proper view? I mean how many times was a Iverson team a pre season contender for a ECF or Finals trip? how many times did Philly come into the season and its playoff hinges on Iverson being capable of carrying the scoring load? you make it seem like Iverson played with the Spurs and they were preseason favorites and end up losing each year in the 1st or 2nd round

    when you say loser I think of the overall team around him and you are correct he rolled with some very average(loser style) players/support cast outside of his 6yr run with a HOF coach who was more stubborn than Iverson, you think Iverson loved to shoot, well Brown loved nothing but defenders

    Ray Allen had a big 4 basically with super sub T Thomas coming off the bench so you are far off on that, the Bucks on paper were way better equipped for deep playoff runs and Carter and the Raptors were even offensively but defense is where Philly trumped them and the Bucks and because of Iverson phenomenal ability/game, Iverson always had the weakest rosters

    I am starting to believe that you think 3-5ppg scorers are HOF'ers that Iverson seem to hold back, how about they held him back because he had to shoulder such a ****** offensive support cast, until he got to Denver 11yrs later with a better support cast and his FG/Efficient numbers showed it, did he have a young Melo in Philly during his 10yrs? AI should get credit for leading a poor Sixers team because when they first drafted him they were a 18 win team and by year 3 or 4 he had them at like 49 wins and they maxed out with 1 franchise guy the next year with around 56(Iverson sat out final 5 games as well or 60 would have been done), so yeah as the franchise guy he would get the credit as well as he should get the blame, but the blame is less percent once you take a quick glance at his core duo for 7yrs of Mckie/Snow, winning 40 games with that core is a success, almost winning 60 games is because of how legendary no.3 is and will always be

    did you think Lebron was a loser during his first 7yrs with Cavs for reaching 1 Finals and not making playoffs his first couple seasons? or do you wrap your little knowledge that you have and say well Lebron didn't have the pieces to contend but since he was that good he maxed them out the best of his ability? well that is exactly what Iverson did in Philly, they even compared Lebron 15' run and said it was Iverson-esque, because of the offensive load he had to carry especially when Kyrie went out, Lebron wasn't all that efficient by his standards but damn he was left out there on an island, Iverson was the same but the major difference is Lebron is 6'8'' freight train while Iverson was 5'10'' mighty mouse, meaning Iverson had it harder and was getting ''Jordan'' rules thrown at him, so do you think Daly ran those ''Jordan'' rules at Iverson because he was that unstoppable or because he had no Pippen/sidekick? I say both

    where do you rank Mckie and Snow on the all time players list, not guards list but all time players list, I would love to see your ranking on those guys so I can stump you with your own inefficient non sense, go show me how efficient Mckie/Snow numbers were, the reason why I mention those two because they had the longest tenure with Iverson in Philly, that was his core guys, similar to how KD and Russ had each other for like 8yrs or Kobe/Shaq 8yrs, and whats even funnier is that KD and Russ had Harden and they still only went to the same number of Finals as a Iverson/Mckie/Snow trio, 1

    Iverson is vastly overlooked when it comes to your bball eyes, child please

    to me a loser would be this even though I don't like calling players this label would be like a Nash who was young and on back to back stacked type contenders in Mavs/Suns and not reaching no Finals after being preseason major threats to reach one, or like Stockton in those Finals when his team needed him to score 20+ppg to help out Malone but he would rather over pass it in the biggest games of his life in back to back seasons, those are in the actual ''loser'' realm if there was one, your usage of the loser label on Iverson is completely off base
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    no way they get past the Bucks
    Its a shame that Donaghy rigged that series. Detailed on oter sites, etc.


    Just trying to make PSD Great Again one post at a time.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'd take Curry over Iverson without hesitation, but this is the only thing that could be said of such a transaction.

    That team was designed around Iverson. That said, it would still be a good team with Curry, but Snow and McKie weren't terribly great shootrs, and Snow, though a great teammate and hard worker, was a little small and gave up a little on D. You'd have to put Curry at SG, and in some match-ups, his size would also put him at a disadvantage on D (though not a much as Iverson).

    It would be curious to watch. Snow and McKie were willing passers, and Hill and Mutumbo were hard workers on D and on the glass. I think Curry could do a lot with that, but defenses could also focus on him more and would be hit as hard for it as they are with KD, Klay, Iggy, and Green spreading the floor.

    TrueFan420 sums it up as best as it can be.

    I think the more interesitng swaps would be Kyrie for Iverson, or Curry for Steven Nash in the Suns title run.
    Iverson would have killed in in Dallas or Suns, they would have each reached at least 1 Finals with Iverson, that Suns team would have been even more dangerous in that pace and space system, it would have been like it was at G'Town but on roids in Mike D attack, the Boston team is similar in defense but they have more weapons and athletes with Hayward/Horford and the athletic Brown who is Jumaine Jones with actual basketball game to showcase on the court, major difference there

    I don't think people realize how inept Snow/Mckie were on offense, they avg career highs in ppg with Iverson, Snow increased his scoring by 7ppg with Iverson, that is a huge upgrade but coming from 3ppg its really not that much at all, but let the experts on here and afar tell it and Iverson made his mates worse and not ''better'' while at the same time ignoring that they were average to begin with and that's with or without Iverson, they are what they showed us they are, checkmate

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    AI had to put that "load" because he was such a one dimensional inefficient player that the team had to be built around it and so more often than not, it required more effort than it should. Curry's impact on the court far surpasses that of AI regardless of who is on his team. They're not only two different players but one is just on another level that the other has no business being mentioned with.

    To another person's argument that Philly would win less games because Curry relies on passing. That's incorrect. Curry passes because he's unselfish at times. But the guy can absolutely play SG and take over games by scoring if he wanted to. How much more evidence do you need when a guy can shoot casually from halfcourt?
    no

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    10,301
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    no
    Do you think Iverson is better than Curry?
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    When you say a guy was a loser are you sure you are putting this into its proper view? I mean how many times was a Iverson team a pre season contender for a ECF or Finals trip? how many times did Philly come into the season and its playoff hinges on Iverson being capable of carrying the scoring load? you make it seem like Iverson played with the Spurs and they were preseason favorites and end up losing each year in the 1st or 2nd round

    when you say loser I think of the overall team around him and you are correct he rolled with some very average(loser style) players/support cast outside of his 6yr run with a HOF coach who was more stubborn than Iverson, you think Iverson loved to shoot, well Brown loved nothing but defenders

    Ray Allen had a big 4 basically with super sub T Thomas coming off the bench so you are far off on that, the Bucks on paper were way better equipped for deep playoff runs and Carter and the Raptors were even offensively but defense is where Philly trumped them and the Bucks and because of Iverson phenomenal ability/game, Iverson always had the weakest rosters

    I am starting to believe that you think 3-5ppg scorers are HOF'ers that Iverson seem to hold back, how about they held him back because he had to shoulder such a ****** offensive support cast, until he got to Denver 11yrs later with a better support cast and his FG/Efficient numbers showed it, did he have a young Melo in Philly during his 10yrs? AI should get credit for leading a poor Sixers team because when they first drafted him they were a 18 win team and by year 3 or 4 he had them at like 49 wins and they maxed out with 1 franchise guy the next year with around 56(Iverson sat out final 5 games as well or 60 would have been done), so yeah as the franchise guy he would get the credit as well as he should get the blame, but the blame is less percent once you take a quick glance at his core duo for 7yrs of Mckie/Snow, winning 40 games with that core is a success, almost winning 60 games is because of how legendary no.3 is and will always be

    did you think Lebron was a loser during his first 7yrs with Cavs for reaching 1 Finals and not making playoffs his first couple seasons? or do you wrap your little knowledge that you have and say well Lebron didn't have the pieces to contend but since he was that good he maxed them out the best of his ability? well that is exactly what Iverson did in Philly, they even compared Lebron 15' run and said it was Iverson-esque, because of the offensive load he had to carry especially when Kyrie went out, Lebron wasn't all that efficient by his standards but damn he was left out there on an island, Iverson was the same but the major difference is Lebron is 6'8'' freight train while Iverson was 5'10'' mighty mouse, meaning Iverson had it harder and was getting ''Jordan'' rules thrown at him, so do you think Daly ran those ''Jordan'' rules at Iverson because he was that unstoppable or because he had no Pippen/sidekick? I say both

    where do you rank Mckie and Snow on the all time players list, not guards list but all time players list, I would love to see your ranking on those guys so I can stump you with your own inefficient non sense, go show me how efficient Mckie/Snow numbers were, the reason why I mention those two because they had the longest tenure with Iverson in Philly, that was his core guys, similar to how KD and Russ had each other for like 8yrs or Kobe/Shaq 8yrs, and whats even funnier is that KD and Russ had Harden and they still only went to the same number of Finals as a Iverson/Mckie/Snow trio, 1

    Iverson is vastly overlooked when it comes to your bball eyes, child please

    to me a loser would be this even though I don't like calling players this label would be like a Nash who was young and on back to back stacked type contenders in Mavs/Suns and not reaching no Finals after being preseason major threats to reach one, or like Stockton in those Finals when his team needed him to score 20+ppg to help out Malone but he would rather over pass it in the biggest games of his life in back to back seasons, those are in the actual ''loser'' realm if there was one, your usage of the loser label on Iverson is completely off base
    dont bother with him, he goes out of his way to hate on all things sixers related just like the bucks fan in here too. it never fails.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •