Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Since when was that the criteria for winning? Curry is a winner. AI is not. Sorry. I would dread building a team with AI.
    Was Curry a winner in 2015 or the day they finally won a playoff game before losing the series pre Finals or pre WCF, you do know Curry has been knocked out of the playoffs and was on the verge of possibly traded for Stoudemire right? c'mon you are a expert at this so are you basing Curry last 3yrs as being the proof you need as to what a winner is? so was Lebron a loser before he went to Miami and then 9yrs later he is a winner because of the 12' title? and did Lebron come back to Cavs a loser or winner since he left a loser and started again with the Cavs, c'mon expert educate me, you are good
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-11-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So only guys with rings are winners? And all guys without aren’t?
    some don't overstand its all about winning and learning, some never learn though while others do the hard way

this is a hard learning lesson for those who comment on Iverson about his efficiency and ballhogging ways until they dig deeper into the roster and management dealings

Iverson was pushing 33yrs of age and shot 46pct from field when he finally got a stud to operate next to in Melo, I recall AI said it was the easiest game he has ever played in his life after almost 12yrs in the league, Melo dropped 50+pts that game

its funny people call him a ballhog but his shots went from 25+ a game to 18 per game with Melo, that's a 7-10+ shot decrease, same as when he went to Detroit, he took 14shots per game because Detroit system was more like the Spurs which they overpassed to a certain degree and they only ran AI iso like the last 2-3 minutes of each quarter he was in and it resulted in buckets but if he was a true ballhog/shooting guard then he would have continued his ball hogging ways like the experts on here scream over and over

wouldn't basic common bball sense tell you that having help eliminates bad shots and makes you more efficient as Iverson was in Denver? I would think so, its like KD over there with Warriors, you know he doesn't need to take the same 20+ shots he attempted in OKC with a full healthy roster with Warriors, he probably takes around 16 or so shots per game but I bet when Curry or Klay is out he goes back to 20 shots because its what the team needs

AI gets bashed for doing what the coach/team told him to do, play shooting guard to ''score and shoot'' the ball, poor Iverson

it would be funny if a story came out that said Iverson was against shooting the ball granted by the coach to do, it would have been funny to see Iverson refuse to move to shootingguard for the betterment of the team and him saying he is a PG and that's all he will play, it would have been funny to see all these Iverson bashing experts then claim he is a loser and selfish for not wanting to do what the team needed because of what they lacked, shooters/scorers

Iverson has never been bashed publicly by a teammate for ballhogging, if he did post it for me

so much for the ballhogging talk

now watch my factual statements get taken for emotion and being infatuated with a player for speaking about what actually happened
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-11-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    When did I do that? Don't lump me in either other people.

See this is the extension of the argument that loses credibility with me. I grew up on the 90s Knicks and got to see Iverson's entire career. The idea that he was a negative player is an easy argument for people to make now in the modern era of efficiency by using his FG%/TS% but it's a false narrative. I was there. Simplifying his entire offensive impact to field goal percentage ignores aspects of basketball that are tougher to quantify.

He was guarded by the best defenders, drew the attention of the defense, averaged 10 free throws per game, created for his teammates, etc. How else could a team of mckie/snow/mutombo/ratliff/etc. rank 13th in offensive efficiency even with him "chucking" his way to 30 points? It's because his value goes far beyond his shooting percentage. I don't see people ranking him top 10 point guard or shoot guard. It's accepted by the majority of people that Curry is better. But to say he's a negative player. I just don't agree.
    Second chance points probably factored in quite large. Pretty sure the rockets centered their strategy around this a few years back. I remember reading an article about how they had mastered the art of sucking in the defense in the paint and throwing it up in a way that resulted in a ridiculous % of offensive boards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    then why go get Snow and Mckie to handle the ball and why switch a 5'10'' guy to shootingguard if AI just wanted to have the ball
    Where did you get it in your head that Iverson pushed for this?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

So only guys with rings are winners? And all guys without aren’t?
    AI doesn't have a winning trait. I am sorry but it's the truth. His size just forces him to only be useful scoring the ball and he did so very inefficiently. I'm not sure what evidence you need. Sixers lone Finals performance and then what? They make it to the playoffs. 50% of the EC does. Is that impressive? Not really.

Was Curry a winner in 2015 or the day they finally won a playoff game before losing the series? so are you basing Curry last 3yrs as being the proof you need as to what a winner is? so was Lebron a loser before he went to Miami and then 9yrs later he is a winner because of the 12' title? and did Lebron come back to Cavs a loser or winner since he left a loser and started again with the Cavs, c'mon expert educate me, you are good
    You mean the Curry who was on a terrible Warriors team but then turned them into one of the best in a stacked conference? Had the best record in the league for how many years? Lmao, give me a break.

You mean the Curry who was on a terrible Warriors team but then turned them into one of the best in a stacked conference? Had the best record in the league for how many years? Lmao, give me a break.
    but if Curry was that good he could have carried that terrible Warriors to at least a WCF, I would never put down a player for not doing something that wasn't supposed to be, but the management of the Warriors is way better ran today than that of Sixers in AI era, fact

you forgot to mention that Curry didn't have the best record in the league pre 2015 because his team wasn't equipped for it and his ankles were failing him big time to stay on the court, now post 15' they have the best record stretch while having the best team each time, some call it the most stacked team ever the past 2yrs and they won 73 games prior to adding KD, not really a big deal when looking at it from both sides, Iverson had a terrible Sixers team for 10yrs, how long did this terrible Warriors team for Curry last? I know its not 10yrs because I don't even think he has been in the league for that long, management can make or break a player, just ask Lebron and his 2 stints with Cavs, its like night and day,literally

even OKC era of their original big 3 or 4 if you add Ibaka has been ran way better, just look at the quick turnaround when you lost a top 3 player, turned around and got 2 more all stars, Iverson never had a chance to have a sustained winning culture, he maxed out from 99-01 with him being primed and having inefficient talent to work with

that's what is really inefficient, his supporting Sixers cast, terrible is being kind

go get you a piece of that kit kat bar for your break
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-11-2018 at 02:26 PM.

AI doesn't have a winning trait. I am sorry but it's the truth. His size just forces him to only be useful scoring the ball and he did so very inefficiently. I'm not sure what evidence you need. Sixers lone Finals performance and then what? They make it to the playoffs. 50% of the EC does. Is that impressive? Not really.
    if he sits that Sixers team wins 20-30 games entire season, when he plays they have a chance to win 50-60 games, so now Iverson gets bashed for that right? Iverson missed a bunch of games outside that 01' season, now go post the full total so you can get the full AI effect, post the PPG with and without him as well since we all know you are the xpert with the answers, wait that's Iverson he is known as TheAnswer, next question
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-11-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Where did you get it in your head that Iverson pushed for this?

because you or whoever I was replying to said he wanted the ball in his hands all the time so I said what you are replying to

I don't think Iverson would have wanted ballhandlers if all he wanted to do was handle the ball/hog it, that wouldn't make sense for him at all to be switched to shootingguard and running off screens to shoot/attack, why not just do like his rookie year or O'Brien stint and run PG and have the ball at will

for majority of his philly tenure he played shootingguard running off screens all game while Snow and Mckie fed him, how is that wanting the ball in your hands all the time when others are running the offense with the ''ball''?

people on here amuse me with this Iverson chatter

Answer the part about Lebron

Or about the hundreds of other players considered “good/great” that don’t have a ring. Like CP3 (considered top 5 pg of all time) or Westbrook.

PROCESSING

Or about the hundreds of other players considered “good/great” that don’t have a ring. Like CP3 (considered top 5 pg of all time) or Westbrook.
    My requirement of winning isn't about rings. I'm talking about a player with winning capabilities. AI does not have that because of his inherent size. And I already mentioned his instinctive selfish nature of basketball. The guy is on the court for 44 minutes and pounds a USG% rate of 38. This was for many seasons - not just the 2000-2001 season (the only one where he actually got deep into the playoffs).

Again, point to where I said winning a ring is the only part of a winning capable player. A guy like Kevin Durant might have won a ring last season but he was always a "winning" player because he does more to elevate his team. Russell Westbrook, as I have said numerous times, I have wanted him traded because I don't trust his ability to win on a championship level. I even said, I only liked having him because he was putting up huge numbers on what would obviously been a bad team without him. When did AI put huge numbers up that Westbrook did? He didn't. And our team roster wasn't better than that Sixers team. CP3 is a winning player.. he's efficient and knows how to play the game other than score - which he does better than AI as well.

I'm just confused as to why you guys continue defending AI. I'm asking for evidence or a part of his game you admire. Other than his heart and tenacity, which part of his game spelled W-I-N-N-I-N-G for you? You guys blame his teammates that was designed for the only way AI knew how to play? When he got to Denver, did they not get better trading him for Billups - who was a lesser player but had better winning capabilities than Iverson? I mean, other than 2000-2001, please tell me what AI has achieved on a winning level. If getting to your team to the top 8th seed in the dreadful East is your requirement, then no offense, I think it is because you expect less of your team.

Rings is more team oriented than individual. But what matters also is building a team to help your individual players. I have no idea how you can win with AI other than stacking the deck. As for Curry's case, sorry, the guy help built the Warriors while playing alongside the days of Monta Ellis. It's not like they started winning because KD came. Curry quickly became a winner.

dude if AI didnt have 'winning capabilities' he would not have took a team to the finals lol
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    dude if AI didnt have 'winning capabilities' he would not have took a team to the finals lol
    It was a close Playoff series in their 2nd/3rd playoff rounds and you make it seem as if it was a tough Eastern Conference. One or two bad plays and the Sixers would have gotten bounced off the playoffs. Other than that lone NBA Finals appearance, what has AI achieved in his career?

The guy is on the court for 44 minutes and pounds a USG% rate of 38. This was for many seasons - not just the 2000-2001 season (the only one where he actually got deep into the playoffs).
    Wrong. His career usage is 31.8%. His usage in Philly was 33.2%. His career high was 37.8% for only year, the year we made the finals.

PROCESSING

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast