Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Westbrook is in the loaded West and won 47, AI was in the weakass East. And he only won 50 games once.

Also, it was only a 10 game stretch for Conley without Gasol, and they went 7-3 (57 win pace).

So basically if Iverson was on a team with Harden and KD and Ibaka they would win only 50 games once in a 6-8 yr span? don't fool yourself

AI was in a weakass East with a weakass roster to match, imagine that, its the reason why I mention had they drafted right they would have had a big 3 and would have owned the weakass East, now do you get it?

it was a miracle to win 50 games with Mckie and Snow as your Batman/go to guys, Iverson was Hulk
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-10-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I stopped when I saw your definition of assist % which is utterly wrong. It's the percentage of made baskets that a player directly assists on during the time they are on the floor.

If the plays seem to run through you at an exceedingly high rate you are going to have a high assist %. That is an unavoidable fact and is exactly why Westbrooks record breaking ball hoggyness last year also produced a staggeringly high assist rate. People incorrectly use this to demonstrate that a player is indispensable as a playmaker but it's just as much a reflection of how dependent that player has made the players around him by dominating the ball so thoroughly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

so how much of an assist pct is he supposed to have being the Shooting guard of the team? Snow/Mckie were the PG, they were too busy looking for Iverson to let him shoot away

you guys keep acting like Iverson played with surefire first ballot HOF'ers and ran them off because he wanted to shoot 30x a game, when did Iverson do this?

where do you rank Snow/Mckie all time on your list? and to make it fair you can even lie about it just to boost them falsely up your rankings, top 200 will do, very bottom half if they make the cut

If you are that inefficient, it doesn't matter. Hero ball doesn't equate to wins, and that's what we are talking about. You can't win with AI. No team can. He is so inefficient that he becomes a negative value player
    you read all that just to say he is so efficient again? you can read cant you?

now show me the ranking of those players, oh wait you cant because you got stumped after you realized the names he played with are pretty much just basic

you cant win with Iverson but you can sure go to the elite 8 which he carried by himself and take a team to the nba Finals to try and win a title as being one of the last 2 teams?ship me whatever you are on so I can sell it to the masses

you cant even mention the other inefficient mates he had, you are using Iverson as a scapegoat to cover up for the rest of the GLeaguers he played with, stop the madness now

where does Todd ''GLeaguer'' McCullough rank on your all time list, don't let me find out you have him and Mikan in your top 5 Center list

your reply was inefficient because you didn't respond properly, you shot 1 for 30, stop ballhogging

I bet you hero ball has as much importance as team ball, especially when the chips are down and you need a bucket and you can just give it to player x and poof, you have Jordan and all the other hero ballers before and after him, don't hate the player hate the game

I cant imagine someone complaining about how well a team plays together, even if they only avg 90ppg I would say they play really well as a team but they need that go to guy(code word for 'hero'' baller)

you seem like the type that would take a water gun to a knife fight and would sware you don't need to be a hero to get out that predicament, you would just PeterPan fly away, oh nevermind PeterPan was a fairy tale hero
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-10-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Philly didn't pass up that trade. The deal was done. The Raptors GM got cold feet and backed out when the trade was leaked to the public and he got ripped for it.

97 draft Philly has the no.2 overall pick and chose I think T Thomas over Tmac, they had a chance to re visit that in I think 99' trade deadline and what you are talking about happened then, so that's what they get for being incompetent from the jump, when you have a chance to have a trio of Iverson with Pierce or TMac or Dirk, you do it and don't look back, they would have been the 00's version of OKC, duh

Those are some of my favorite players, you do realize you just gave me two, 5 time champs, right?

You can pair them with anyone and they will find a way to help the team win. It's team first, not player first.

Street ball doesn't help you win, it hurts you.

In NBA 2K, I have a team of 5 selfless players who all stick in their roles. We take our open shots and we spread around the scoring. Guess what our pro am record is? We destroy teams that try to focus on scoring from 1 or 2 players. Same thing in the rec league team I'm on. A bunch of white guys who share the ball well, and we win a ton against far superior athletic players. A wet shot doesn't matter if you can't defend or take it at stupid times.

The same thing happens in the NBA. The Spurs dominant because they pass for the best shot. They all play defense, they help each other out. It's a team game.

This isn't the street where the most athletic player wins you the game. Jordan facilitated all the time, he started winning when he started doing it more. It created more opportunities for his efficient scoring to be magnified.

I don't hate Kobe and AI because they have a popular following. It's that the people that support them show blind allegiance that removes all critical thinking. It makes them so easy to trash and hate on.

Also, the rest of your posts makes you appear....well, you can only imagine.

--------------------------------------

Man I knew you were the type of player that was average, you like what you are

I bet you set some mean screens and just a selfless passer, what more do you expect out of a player who is good for setting screens

this isn't street ball then why merge with the street ball ABA? Jordan was a scorer who could facilitate, as could Iverson as could Duncan who use to go full scoring mode when he was against those Lakers teams from 00-02', the best players usually do whatever it takes to win, like how Magic played all positions in Finals game, as how Iverson switched to SG to help offset those inefficient surrounding scorers, just like Jordan went for like 11apg in 91' Finals, the best players are usually flavored with street ball game, where do you think they come from? from a Mormon camp or from a cave? they come from the streets when it comes to ball, playground to organized ball is all the same until you start talking about economics of it, its a reason why both are called the NBA and pro am and so on, it works

I get it though he hate those street ballers, so let me guess you haven't watched the game since the ABA merger right?

bringing up 2k roster to justify what a actual nba roster should be with selfless players, wow your hate is unreal

and Parker/Duncan/Ginobili and now Leonard all played a lot of iso ball, did you watch the Spurs this past postseason? it was Leonard or bust like every play on iso either shooting that mid range or attacking the basket, hero ball style, I know you saw it right

Parker and Ginobili use to take over games by playing hero ball, especially Ginobili so quit making up fabricate excuses because you like a team that over passes, and since they do pass the ball around some you get clouded judgement on the many iso plays they run per game, I mean hero ball plays, Ginobili is such a hero he swatted a bat out of mid air during a game, what a marvel comic book figure

to help you get through the hate phase just go to your nba 2k game and customize a roster full of hero ball player and since you control the game you can make them play as selfless as you please, and watch how much more dominant those players are in that nba 2k, try it and come home

I never knew that speaking on Iverson tenure in Philly was blind allegiance, like did I lie about his teammates he had? did I over exaggerate something about his core players while he was there? do you think infant Iggy and Korver are a title core as main pieces of a big 3? or was Mckie and Snow better?

its fake experts like you out here that continue to talk about his inefficiency but not mentioning those around him who inefficient, you make it seem like Iverson inherited two 20ppg scorers and reduced them to 7ppg scorers because of his ballhog inefficiency ways, which is way off basis but you are filled up with too much haterade to recognize it, stick to 2k, fits you well
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-10-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here's the issue I have with everyone saying "AI was a ballhog".

Look at his team. Do you think he trusted guys liek Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Matt Geiger, Dikembe Mutombo, and Whateverhisname Jones was to hit shots?

Neither side can prove it so don't blindly assume he would still play the same if he had All-NBA talent around him.

I got a fun stat for these "AI is a ballhog" people:
    AI had an AST% of 29%
    Steph Curry has an AST% of 32%
    Dame Lillard 29%
    Russell Westbrook 42%
    Kyrie Irving 30%
    Mike Conley 28.5%

Any other top PG's you want to see on that list?
    They built that team cuz they knew he was a hog. AI pissed off a scoring champ type of talent with his ball hoggery remember...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    AI and Melo were a great duo just look at their numbers. But the team needed a floor general and anatural point guard and Billups were the perfect guy for that role. AI wasnt the problem, dude put up 25 and 7ast on good efficiency
    I saw more than the numbers but yeah pretty good. Just not on the level of true elite players

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

The east was good at that time. Nets with Kidd/Richardson. Martin, Celtics with Walker/Pierce, Magic had T-Mac at that time, Vince Carter's Raptors were starting up at that time. We were on the verge of the Billups/Hamilton/Prince era in Detroit.
    The magic? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    So basically if Iverson was on a team with Harden and KD and Ibaka they would win only 50 games once in a 6-8 yr span? don't fool yourself

AI was in a weakass East with a weakass roster to match, imagine that, its the reason why I mention had they drafted right they would have had a big 3 and would have owned the weakass East, now do you get it?

it was a miracle to win 50 games with Mckie and Snow as your Batman/go to guys, Iverson was Hulk
    I stopped reading with this post. You have to know this is beyond any logic. You guys who defend AI don't care about logic, you care about feelings and nostaligia

How many wins do the '01 76ers get if we swap Iverson with Curry?

I stopped reading with this post. You have to know this is beyond any logic. You guys who defend AI don't care about logic, you care about feelings and nostaligia
    Or they just disagree with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Early 00s were possibly the most difficult years for offenses because
    a) handchecking was still allowed IIRC
    b) zones were then allowed
    c) teams did not realize the value of the 3 point shot
    d) teams did not realize the value of efficiency, hence players like AI, Stackhouse, Walker, Marbury were considered scoring stars/machines and in the leaderboards for PPG and MPG and usg%

So to me, yes it was a difficult time for offenses, but offenses were not geared towards optimal efficiency until D'Antoni's Suns. After that, many teams realized the value of pace/space. Then, defenses had to evolve to what they are today.
    I don't disagree with the advancement and sophistication of the game .Defense was easier defending perimeter players, so It wasn't better but it was easier to play a certain way. If you allow bigs to camp in the paint and let it get physical on the perimeter, I don't care what era or how sophisticated offenses are scoring gets tougher for the wings and guards. Having a high calibre big men were more helpful for scoring back then, as it helped set up defenses better. Like you said the more advanced offenses get, defenses follow along.

Pace matter too, so your right about that. But even in europe where the pace and space originated, as defenses evolved the pace averages out if you have specific rules. The rules today allow for offenses to set up defenses a lot better because coaches are taking advantage of certain dynamics, more-so in the regular season. Last years playoffs was high scoring though.

I think putting Curry back then would be interesting, he does have skill shooting in tight spots, but we've also seen him given trouble with the right defensive approach in the playoffs like the times he faced Cleveland in the playoffs pre-Durant.

As for the OP, even if you put LeBron or MJ on that sixers team, no guarantee that teams wins a title.
    Last edited by Heediot; 01-11-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post

the east wasnt even that week in 01

Put Curry on the best defensive team in the league and let him shoot all he wants?

They'd be a far better team. Still lose in the finals however.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

you realize he personified Iverson as Hulk, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Yes, but not based on anything objective. Just feelings

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast