Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 248
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377

    How many wins do the '01 76ers get if we swap Iverson with Curry?

    Dead serious. Swap the iconic crossover king Iverson with head splash brother Steph Curry. How many wins does that 76ers team get? Do they make the playoffs? If they make the playoffs, how deep do they go?

    Discuss.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    104
    Invalid Trade, Curry wouldn’t even be in college yet

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    104
    But, If you swap Curry and Iverson then the “01” 76ers would probably downgrade and win about 50 games.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    53,841
    They'd still lose the finals.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,358
    Would have lost the Finals but a better team. Not sure how much better but Iverson wasn't exactly a historic-level contributor while Curry is. I mean, how many teams would be happy about their PG taking 26-27 shots per game inefficiently?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,891
    They probably don't end up as the 1 seed in the East, and the Raptors or Bucks get to the NBA finals that season.

    Iverson and Curry are two completely different players. Curry excels on a good passing team that can get him the ball from beyond the arc... Don't get me wrong, he would be able to beat some guys on the ball, but on that Sixer team, it would be much more difficult for him to get accurate passes where he needs it.

    Philly was good because of how effective Iverson was at penetrating and using his athleticism. His size occasionally served as an advantage to get around the defensive players(as well to draw calls). Curry's larger frame might serve as a deterrent.

    Both of those guys are players of their generation, and they'll likely be effective in other generations, some of their game would be taken away.

    Curry would probably be better defensively in the past generation though haha


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,740
    That team was designed to hide AI's weakness and maximize his strengths. It's never as simple a straight up swap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,542
    Curry wouldnt have been able to handle the load that AI did, not even close.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.


    01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

    Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,358
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Curry wouldnt have been able to handle the load that AI did, not even close.
    AI had to put that "load" because he was such a one dimensional inefficient player that the team had to be built around it and so more often than not, it required more effort than it should. Curry's impact on the court far surpasses that of AI regardless of who is on his team. They're not only two different players but one is just on another level that the other has no business being mentioned with.

    To another person's argument that Philly would win less games because Curry relies on passing. That's incorrect. Curry passes because he's unselfish at times. But the guy can absolutely play SG and take over games by scoring if he wanted to. How much more evidence do you need when a guy can shoot casually from halfcourt?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,537
    The team would have been considerably worse overall not a knock on curry or a praise to Iverson but the differences in team structure era and skillset are massive. This goes back to the same arugement that has been made many times about swapping Iverson with Ray Allen. That team was built around Iversons skillset and if Curry or Allen where contested as heavy as Iverson and expected to have the ball in there hands as often there effiencys would drastically reduce.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,537
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    AI had to put that "load" because he was such a one dimensional inefficient player that the team had to be built around it and so more often than not, it required more effort than it should. Curry's impact on the court far surpasses that of AI regardless of who is on his team. They're not only two different players but one is just on another level that the other has no business being mentioned with.

    To another person's argument that Philly would win less games because Curry relies on passing. That's incorrect. Curry passes because he's unselfish at times. But the guy can absolutely play SG and take over games by scoring if he wanted to. How much more evidence do you need when a guy can shoot casually from halfcourt?
    They would win less games not becuase of Currys ablity as a player but of the stucture of the team and the difference in physicallity between era's he would have alot more difficult of a time getting shots off.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    They would win less games not becuase of Currys ablity as a player but of the stucture of the team and the difference in physicallity between era's he would have alot more difficult of a time getting shots off.
    Some of you make it seem as if they were beating each other with a bat. There are some differences but nothing a player of Curry's caliber that couldn't be figured out. Curry's three point shooting ability would be completely foreign to that style of basketball to where they would have zero answer as to defend Curry. Neither of us are wrong because none of us can prove wins/losses in hypothetcial scenarios but they would be a better team and that's something I think most would stand by. Some of you really forget Iverson was a huge loser outside of the 01 Finals appearance. He achieved nothing after and before that. East was also horrible that season. AI gets credit for leading the poor Sixers but Ray Allen and Vince Carter were very close to beating the Sixers while having equally, if not, poorer teammates.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Some of you make it seem as if they were beating each other with a bat. There are some differences but nothing a player of Curry's caliber that couldn't be figured out. Curry's three point shooting ability would be completely foreign to that style of basketball to where they would have zero answer as to defend Curry. Neither of us are wrong because none of us can prove wins/losses in hypothetcial scenarios but they would be a better team and that's something I think most would stand by. Some of you really forget Iverson was a huge loser outside of the 01 Finals appearance. He achieved nothing after and before that. East was also horrible that season. AI gets credit for leading the poor Sixers but Ray Allen and Vince Carter were very close to beating the Sixers while having equally, if not, poorer teammates.
    people always want to say Iverson had a garbage team but it's simply not the truth.

    he had a lot of really good defenders and 3 & D guys, the types of guys that build up championships.

    people think just because someone isn't averaging 20na game they aren't a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,251
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Dead serious. Swap the iconic crossover king Iverson with head splash brother Steph Curry. How many wins does that 76ers team get? Do they make the playoffs? If they make the playoffs, how deep do they go?

    Discuss.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    I expect the results would be somewhat similar but the team would actually be slightly better simply due to the superior shooting but I am not confident in this one, at all.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    AI had to put that "load" because he was such a one dimensional inefficient player that the team had to be built around it and so more often than not, it required more effort than it should. Curry's impact on the court far surpasses that of AI regardless of who is on his team. They're not only two different players but one is just on another level that the other has no business being mentioned with.

    To another person's argument that Philly would win less games because Curry relies on passing. That's incorrect. Curry passes because he's unselfish at times. But the guy can absolutely play SG and take over games by scoring if he wanted to. How much more evidence do you need when a guy can shoot casually from halfcourt?
    Wouldn't building a team around your franchise player(s) require the GM/Front office to be some what wise about making draft picks and free agent/trades? how can OKC build around KD by drafting the best players pretty much with Russ/Harden but Philly couldn't do the same with AI and a 2nd and 8th pick in consecutive years? TMAC and Pierce say hello ,that was the duo

    now tell me how inefficient would Iverson be with those 2 HOF taking the load off of him? how many games would they have won, and if you want to you can swap Pierce for Dirk because that's who I would have drafted with TMac In the fold, now tell me how does a big 3 of TMac/Dirk/Iverson compare to a Iverson/Mckie/Snow for 7yrs, I bet if you said Curry/Mckie/Snow were a threat to win a title you would get looked at as a joke in any nba era

    Curry passes to guys who can get it done so that is easy to be unselfish when you play with 2-3 all nba caliber players, its almost Olympic team like but if you put him with Lynch and Mckie and Snow and Hill then you would have a different Curry as far as volume shooting and if he was still being unselfish as you claim he is with that Sixers core then they would be going fish before April ends,fact

    The coach/management put that load on him scoring wise because he could carry it, rather you think being ''inefficient'' is a knock on a guy who played with 5ppg career inefficient scorers, you act like Mckie and Snow were these super electric superstars who Iverson reduced to 5ppg scorers, Snow wasn't even averaging that before he teamed up with Iverson

    you act like Curry came into the league and just set it on fire with his shooting and unselfishness, no but he had a GM/owner who drafted and built the team right by taking the players that win games in this league, deadly shooting and defense

    Iverson got those pieces after being 10yrs into the league in Iggy and Korver, now tell me who would you take as a duo, young Iggy/Korver or Klay/Green? its not even close once you really wrap your brain around it, the Dubs duo is superior 2 way players

    you guys over think the simple game of basketball, calling someone a inefficient chucker when he played with a team full of inefficient/low volume/cant score players during his first 8yrs or so in Philly, guys like Snow/Mckie/Jones/ J Salmons and Claxton and Harpring and M Jackson, I mean guys you wouldn't even take on your pro am league team was his teammate during his young youthful lethal days in Philly

    I would love for you to name me one young healthy legit HOF Iverson played with during his 10yrs in Philly, and a old Deke and injured Webber don't count, Glenn Robinson don't count either since he was damaged goods after winning a ring with the Spurs and not even playing, you guys on here make basketball look all difficult when its simple as abc

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •