Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LaVar Ball: 'They don't want to play for him'

LaVar, speaking to ESPN from his spa resort in Lithuania, where his younger sons are set to make their professional debuts, called out Lakers coach Luke Walton with a series of criticisms.
    “You can see they’re not playing for Luke no more,” LaVar said. “Luke doesn’t have control of the team no more. They don’t want to play for him.”

The Lakers have lost nine in a row, and 12 of their last 13. They’re currently the second-worst team in the NBA. LaVar thinks they have the talent to be better than that.

“That’s a good team,” he told ESPN. “Nobody wants to play for him. I can see it. No high fives when they come out of the game. People don’t know why they’re in the game. He’s too young. He’s too young. … He ain’t connecting with them anymore. You can look at every player, he’s not connecting with not one player.

“Lonzo looked good, but he also looked disgusted,” LaVar said of his elder son’s performance in a 108-94 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Thursday night. Lonzo missed six of the nine consecutive losses with a shoulder injury. Thursday was his first game back.

“He was ready to play,” LaVar said, before criticizing Walton for interrupting Lonzo’s rhythm. “Four minutes left in the first quarter, he dunked it, getting in a flow and coach sits him down. Sat him down. Now game goes from four points to 10 to 15 to 20. I don’t know what they’re doing. If he’s ready to play, let him play. Don’t try and monitor no minutes, put on restrictions.”

For what it’s worth, LaVar isn’t the only source of Lakers drama. Rookie Kyle Kuzma, the lone bright spot at the moment, said that the team “gave up” in a recent 133-96 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-ball-...141419178.html

So you came back to post a thread about something we already talked about in the GT 3 hours ago.

This forum is dying.

News flash.......we've heard it already.
    This is how I bleed

Welcome back Rocco. Honestly with all the negative posters lately, it'd be a nice change to hear from someone that is so positive that it's considered delusional.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Welcome back Rocco. Honestly with all the negative posters lately, it'd be a nice change to hear from someone that is so positive that it's considered delusional.

Haha the Lakers season is delusional.

Welcome back man, but is true this was posted by me in another thread. Check!
    k Our hope for a big change.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Haha the Lakers season is delusional.

Your baby can't do this

"As President of the Coaches Association, I view the recent ESPN article as a disgrace quite honestly," Carlisle said. "Luke Walton is a terrific young coach who is bringing along a young team. It's a difficult task and if you don't believe it then just as me. We're going through that now. We went through it last year. ESPN is an NBA partner and they've been a great one. Part of that partnership is – the coaches do a lot of things to help them with access, interview and all those kinds of things. In exchange for that, they should back up the coaches. Printing an article where the father of an NBA player has an opinion, that's printed as anything that's legitimate, erodes trust. It erodes the trust that we've built with ESPN. Our coaches are upset because Luke Walton does not deserve that. Two years ago, he took a veteran team and led them to 24 wins in a row, which is an amazing accomplishment. Off of that, he earned that Laker job. To have to deal to deal with these kind of ignorant distractions is deplorable."

He clarified what he meant by ESPN's role in backing up the coaches meant.

"They should look at their sources and do a better job and determining whether they have any merit and validity or are they just blowhard loudmouths," Carlisle said.

Q
    "As President of the Coaches Association, I view the recent ESPN article as a disgrace quite honestly," Carlisle said. "Luke Walton is a terrific young coach who is bringing along a young team. It's a difficult task and if you don't believe it then just as me. We're going through that now. We went through it last year. ESPN is an NBA partner and they've been a great one. Part of that partnership is – the coaches do a lot of things to help them with access, interview and all those kinds of things. In exchange for that, they should back up the coaches. Printing an article where the father of an NBA player has an opinion, that's printed as anything that's legitimate, erodes trust. It erodes the trust that we've built with ESPN. Our coaches are upset because Luke Walton does not deserve that. Two years ago, he took a veteran team and led them to 24 wins in a row, which is an amazing accomplishment. Off of that, he earned that Laker job. To have to deal to deal with these kind of ignorant distractions is deplorable."

He clarified what he meant by ESPN's role in backing up the coaches meant.

"They should look at their sources and do a better job and determining whether they have any merit and validity or are they just blowhard loudmouths," Carlisle said.
    He is bias becuase he is the leader of the coaches association. Not really helpful at all. He is going to a difficult process, but he does not have the talent that we have and he is carrying the task to help Dirt finish his carrier. Nevertheless, they are playing better and he is keeping his rookies in control of minutes and moments of pressure. They have been playing way better than us. Conclusion he is a very shabby experienced coach. Puke is just the opposite. This team has shown that his young core and vets can play better but they have giving up already. The leader of the association is just doing his job, protecting his members. Not valid statement MR.!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Q

He is bias becuase he is the leader of the coaches association. Not really helpful at all. He is going to a difficult process, but he does not have the talent that we have and he is carrying the task to help Dirt finish his carrier. Nevertheless, they are playing better and he is keeping his rookies in control of minutes and moments of pressure. They have been playing way better than us. Conclusion he is a very shabby experienced coach. Puke is just the opposite. This team has shown that his young core and vets can play better but they have giving up already. The leader of the association is just doing his job, protecting his members. Not valid statement MR.!
    The talent we have? Loool another stupid post from you!
    And beside Kuzma, Ingram and ball who are rookies and sophomore, which talent do we have exactly?

The talent we have? Loool another stupid post from you!
    And beside Kuzma, Ingram and ball who are rookies and sophomore, which talent do we have exactly?
    Most people here and experts see more than you can see obviously.
    Our young core if properly coached has NBA talent. Magic and Pelinka's statement.
    Just from this draft:
    BRyant
    Ball
    Kuz
    Hart
    From last two drafts:
    Randle
    Clarkson
    Nance
    Zu
    Ingram
    If you can not see more than one super star talent in this rooster then you are contradicting stupid Pelinka and Magic.
    Puke can not handle the job is pretty obvious for many people, but you. Let's watch tonight, becuase this is the beginning of the test for,him. Can he turn this around and teach these babies how to win? I say no, but I won't be mad if he does. I just do not believe on him. The end of this soap opera! Who is being Dilusional in this forum about the expectations of the team and their coach?

I said this almost 2 weeks ago, that Luke is losing the team..

And in not a LaVar Ball fan at all, don't like the dude really but I'm glad someone with a voice is calling Walton out.

Walton needs to put his big boy pants on and man up and coach this damn team. Don't let no outside influences (talking about FO) have any say on his coaching. If he can't then he needs to quit unless being called out doesn't bother him.

Microscope on Walton now, I was also gonna say the other day that I wouldn't be surprised if Randle pulls a Horry/Ainge and throws a towel in his face. C'mon Randle you can do it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Most people here and experts see more than you can see obviously.
    Our young core if properly coached has NBA talent. Magic and Pelinka's statement.
    Just from this draft:
    BRyant
    Ball
    Kuz
    Hart
    From last two drafts:
    Randle
    Clarkson
    Nance
    Zu
    Ingram
    If you can not see more than one super star talent in this rooster then you are contradicting stupid Pelinka and Magic.
    Puke can not handle the job is pretty obvious for many people, but you. Let's watch tonight, becuase this is the beginning of the test for,him. Can he turn this around and teach these babies how to win? I say no, but I won't be mad if he does. I just do not believe on him. The end of this soap opera! Who is being Dilusional in this forum about the expectations of the team and their coach?
    You just listed our whole young core, obviously you’re not watching games, if all our young core is that good why are we sitting dead last? All is on luke? Why no other team isn’t interested by others players not named Kuzma ball or Ingram?

I believe in Luke, but if I were in charge instead of firing him I'd let go of the majority of his staff and bring in proven assistants with tons of experience and winning history, and then Luke's job would depend all on next year once our roster is a little more legit and developed, and if he shows he's not too stubborn and big-headed to change his philosophies and decisions if other smart people are telling him he's wrong.

And I like Lavar, sometimes. He just needs to realize he's putting Lonzo in awkward situations and cut it out. I'm all for speaking your mind no matter what and all that, but when even you yourself can see what you're saying is stupid or doing more hard than good, just keep it to yourself.

You just listed our whole young core, obviously you’re not watching games, if all our young core is that good why are we sitting dead last? All is on luke? Why no other team isn’t interested by others players not named Kuzma ball or Ingram?
    Is it me or should we had only given Deng, Mozgov, and Clarkson 2 year deals instead of 4 year deals if we are going after free agents in 2018.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast