Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ANy chance bridgewater will not be resigned? He would be my number 1 choice at QB.

The only FA QB to target would be Cousins, but I think he will be over-compensated, a very good QB, but not willing to invest 25 million a year on him. I think it's simple, either trade up to #3 and get the QB you want, or stay at #6 and most likely get either Darnold, Rosen (very, very small chance they will be there) or Mayfield or Allen. My preference would be to trade everything including the kitchen sink for Darnold, but we will most likely get Mayfield or Allen.

I would not trade multiple firsts and seconds for Alex Smith and to draft another one this year.

Yes we need a QB, but we also need to get better at other positions, and in the NFL you need depth. The proposal to trade multiple firsts and multiple seconds in order to fill one position is not the way to go. Unless you think you're getting a elite talent at the QB position, which we wouldn't be, it's not worth it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I would not trade multiple firsts and seconds for Alex Smith and to draft another one this year.

Yes we need a QB, but we also need to get better at other positions, and in the NFL you need depth. The proposal to trade multiple firsts and multiple seconds in order to fill one position is not the way to go. Unless you think you're getting a elite talent at the QB position, which we wouldn't be, it's not worth it.
    I wouldn't trade multiple firsts for him. I was suggesting next years first or this year to switch firsts with them and add a second. Then package that first and more picks to move up and take a QB. But the Chiefs don't have their pick.

I'm not big on trading up. I like trading back. It was just a thought considering he is a significant upgrade over McCown and could certainly mentor a young QB. I actually don't even know if it would take a first to get him at this point, if they want to move him.

My first choice is Mayfield, above all but it looks like Denver likes him.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I'm curious to know why you don't think any of the QB prospects this year are not considered "elite talents"? And who was the last college QB you thought was an elite talent. You never know how a draft pick will pan out, but I think at least Rosen and Darnold are pretty good prospects.

6. 01-07-2018, 11:03 PM
    Reason
    Stop trolling

I stopped at draft Jackson 6 and convert him to Running Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wouldn't trade multiple firsts for him. I was suggesting next years first or this year to switch firsts with them and add a second. Then package that first and more picks to move up and take a QB. But the Chiefs don't have their pick.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster:32085729

I'm curious to know why you don't think any of the QB prospects this year are not considered "elite talents"? And who was the last college QB you thought was an elite talent. You never know how a draft pick will pan out, but I think at least Rosen and Darnold are pretty good prospects.
    Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Jarrod Goff... I considered all of them as elite prospects. Darnold and Rosen are close to that as well.

Just my opinion. You don't have to agree.

I hope we end up drafting Mayfield. I like him better than Allen and don't think we have a realistic shot at Darnold or Rosen.

In any case, we need to draft a QB unless 4 are taken ahead of us. Any other position will be a waste unless we're bringing in a playoff caliber QB through trade or free agency.

Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Jarrod Goff... I considered all of them as elite prospects. Darnold and Rosen are close to that as well.

I hope we end up drafting Mayfield. I like him better than Allen and don't think we have a realistic shot at Darnold or Rosen.

In any case, we need to draft a QB unless 4 are taken ahead of us. Any other position will be a waste unless we're bringing in a playoff caliber QB through trade or free agency.
    The crazy thing is that 4 could be taken ahead of us. If the colts want to get insurance for Luck or move on from him, they will take one. They could also trade back with a team who wants a QB. If the Broncos don't chase cousins or Keenum/Bridgewater..., they will take one. That is Browns, Giants, Colts, Broncos.

The question is, then what do you do? Do you take BPA, which would be Barkely or Fitzpatrick (Minkah of course lol)? Or trade back to somewhere around 12 and take Jackson?

I think that Allen is going to be this year's Wentz/Tribusky i.e a guy that starts rocketing up draft boards based on size, potential and intangibles that will boost his stock. It seems like mock drafts are all over the place with that guy but I don't see any way it makes it past Denver. If the Jets want him they'd have to trade up to 3/4 which is not out of the realm of possibility. I feel like there is a steep dropoff after Darnold, Rosen, Allen and would not want anyone other than those 3 at QB.

If none of them are available draft a tackle in the 1st and a guard in the second. This draft is strong on interior lineman and there is guaranteed to be one of the two stud tackles (Brown or Williams) available at the 6

I definitely agree we need to draft a QB... I think we will also need to trade up to #3 to get the QB we want, even after Darnold and Rosen go 1,2. The Colts are the team everyone who wants a QB will target, so I think that is the spot we need to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I definitely agree we need to draft a QB... I think we will also need to trade up to #3 to get the QB we want, even after Darnold and Rosen go 1,2. The Colts are the team everyone who wants a QB will target, so I think that is the spot we need to get to.
    Colts have such a strong position if the Browns and Giants don't both take a QB. If you have one of the top 2 QBs, They will get at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a 3RD. A package similar to what the Rams got two years ago
    So that's the crazy risk for the Browns, do you take Barkely with 1? If the colts use their pick for Minkah, which is entirely possible, the browns could get Barkely and one of Rosen or Darnold

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:32086933

The crazy thing is that 4 could be taken ahead of us. If the colts want to get insurance for Luck or move on from him, they will take one. They could also trade back with a team who wants a QB. If the Broncos don't chase cousins or Keenum/Bridgewater..., they will take one. That is Browns, Giants, Colts, Broncos.

The question is, then what do you do? Do you take BPA, which would be Barkely or Fitzpatrick (Minkah of course lol)? Or trade back to somewhere around 12 and take Jackson?
    Wouldn't mind taking Barkley, but we'd really have to sign Cousins or trade for Smith. We could be a playoff team as soon as next year if Barkley performs like Zeke or Hunt in their rookie year.

This is why it made no ****ing sense signing McCown in a QB heavy draft. We ****ed ourselves big time cuz we wanted to try to win 5 or 6 games.

Dumb *** organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:32087532
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Colts have such a strong position if the Browns and Giants don't both take a QB. If you have one of the top 2 QBs, They will get at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a 3RD. A package similar to what the Rams got two years ago
    So that's the crazy risk for the Browns, do you take Barkely with 1? If the colts use their pick for Minkah, which is entirely possible, the browns could get Barkely and one of Rosen or Darnold
    I think the Colts either take Darnold/Rosen or trade the pick if one is available. They'd get a haul. But I do think we trade what we can to get to #3 if Darnold or Rosen are available.

**** it. Our draft picks will continue to mean Jack **** if we don't solve this QB problem. I'm all in on an elite talent QB, and since we ****ed it up already by signing McCown and winning 5 meaningless games, I say **** it and trade whatever it takes to get one of those guys. If they turn into elite QB's, we're in good shape. If they don't, then who cares, we'd still just suck like we have for years anyway.

Time to take the risk like the Rams did by trading a bunch of picks for the elite QB prospect they wanted.

Wouldn't mind taking Barkley, but we'd really have to sign Cousins or trade for Smith. We could be a playoff team as soon as next year if Barkley performs like Zeke or Hunt in their rookie year.

This is why it made no ****ing sense signing McCown in a QB heavy draft. We ****ed ourselves big time cuz we wanted to try to win 5 or 6 games.

Dumb *** organization.
    I couldn’t agree more, we won 5 what amount to meaningless games this year. We are going to pay for that somehow, whether it be giving up draft picks just to move up a few spots or by picking a lesser tier QB prospect. Last off-season they dropped most veteran players and then signed McCown, it really made zero sense!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast