Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796

    Jets off season thread. Future's so bright but we need a QB

    Draft or trade for one? I don't know if KC would do it but would you switch firsts and give a second to get Alex smith for a three year deal and then trade next years first, this years other second and next years third to move up enough to pick anyone but Rudolph (Jackson/Mayfield) if they were there at somewhere between 10-15.
    Or give up next years first for Smith
    Then you have Smith to mentor a guy for at least a year and if the kid was looking good, trade Smith for picks.



    Speaking of QBs did anyone see Mariota throw a TD to himself?




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    "what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison, Principal

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796

    Jets off season thread. Future's so bright but we need a QB

    So trading for a pro bowl QB is bad? Wait, trading for a pro bowl QB and drafting a young QB to learn from him is irrational? Whoops, a concept that is out of the box. So Alex Smith doesn't make the Jets better than McCown?
    Unless of course you want to lose every game next season so you can get another top pick for a QB if the one this year doesn't work.

    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" Mark Twain

    Even what I quote is more intelligent than you quote.

    Have fun on the thread.
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-07-2018 at 04:57 PM.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    I don't see why the Chiefs would give away Alex Smith to the Jets. He's a Quarterback who has won them 50 games since being a Chief. Third behind Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. You are the irrational one, making up trade ideas and scenarios out of thin air. You're also mortgaging the draft by giving up picks to draft a young QB. Your logic is ridiculous. It doesn't work that way. It's not as easy as you script it to be. But go ahead walk away calling me the stupid one if it makes you feel better about yourself and your outlandish post.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    I'm not even saying Alex Smith is out of options for the Jets. He very well could be someone they look into. But your post borders on insane the way you want them to acquire him, acquire his mentoree behind him, and then subsequently trade Smith when he's no longer needed. For your "plan" did you even read what you wrote before you posted it? You thought that makes sense? Holy **** ... walks away...
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 01-06-2018 at 08:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    The chiefs are on record as wanting to trade smith.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...h-in-offseason

    You said you would trade up for a QB this year. I have repeatedly been against trading up, unless it's for a great scenario. I've talked about trading back and getting more picks and you've called that irrational. That sounds like you aren't open to trading back or up, so you only draft according to your picks and never alter it?

    In any case , my first option won't work because the chiefs don't have their first this year.

    But what is so horrific about trading a first next year for Smith and still drafting a QB this year? As I said, if the kid we draft can develop, you turn around and trade Smith and if the kid isn't great, we are in the same place.



    Edit- My logic is no less irrational than your wanting to lose. They are both risks. It is entirely possible to trade a QB.

    Also, Smith is the mentor. Not the rookie mentoring Smith. Read my post and reconsider what Mentor means.
    No. I don't trade for Smith and sit him on the bench so he can watch a rookie start. That would be silly.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 01-06-2018 at 08:42 PM.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The chiefs are on record as wanting to trade smith.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...h-in-offseason

    You said you would trade up for a QB this year. I have repeatedly been against trading up, unless it's for a great scenario. I've talked about trading back and getting more picks and you've called that irrational. That sounds like you aren't open to trading back or up, so you only draft according to your picks and never alter it?

    In any case , my first option won't work because the chiefs don't have their first this year.

    But what is so horrific about trading a first next year for Smith and still drafting a QB this year? As I said, if the kid we draft can develop, you turn around and trade Smith and if the kid isn't great, we are in the same place.



    Edit- My logic is no less irrational than your wanting to lose. They are both risks. It is entirely possible to trade a QB.
    I don't remember saying I would trade up for a Quarterback this year. You're mistaken. Also, find for me where I called the idea of trading back irrational. I have a very good memory of neither of those claims come to mind. I see McCagnan staying with the 6th pick as it is not as easy to trade picks as fans make it out to be.

    Also YES. I saw Mariota throw a Touchdown to himself. I remember when I wanted the Jets to draft him but they refused to suck for the duck and won a meaningless game against the Titans. You never would have even sniffed Mariota in the draft you would've cheered with Rex Ryan about the win while I would be slamming a helmet to the ground in frustration. You don't understand how winning works which is shocking since you are a Yankees fan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    This could and should be the Jets celebrating, but they didn't suck for the Duck when they needed to. Mariota delivers a Postseason win for the Titans.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I don't remember saying I would trade up for a Quarterback this year. You're mistaken. Also, find for me where I called the idea of trading back irrational. I have a very good memory of neither of those claims come to mind. I see McCagnan staying with the 6th pick as it is not as easy to trade picks as fans make it out to be.

    Also YES. I saw Mariota throw a Touchdown to himself. I remember when I wanted the Jets to draft him but they refused to suck for the duck and won a meaningless game against the Titans. You never would have even sniffed Mariota in the draft you would've cheered with Rex Ryan about the win while I would be slamming a helmet to the ground in frustration. You don't understand how winning works which is shocking since you are a Yankees fan.


    How about this, instead of making derogatory comments, we both make constructively critical ones? So instead of posting the first comment on this thread in the way you did, maybe offer some alternatives. Criticism is fine but give input other than what you did. I will do the same.

    As far as the first part of your post, look at threads earlier this year.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How about this, instead of making derogatory comments, we both make constructively critical ones? So instead of posting the first comment on this thread in the way you did, maybe offer some alternatives. Criticism is fine but give input other than what you did. I will do the same.

    As far as the first part of your post, look at threads earlier this year.
    Show me. I'd really like to see where I called trading down irrational and was against trading up. As you claim.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,618
    You also wanted to swap draft picks with the Chiefs and give up a second? For Alex Smith, then trade back into the top of the draft and draft his mentoree, then trade Smith who you gave a three year deal to, away. Hahaha, you're one funny clown. I'm a joker! You told me to have fun on this thread. So I did.

    EDIT: It's been quite a long time without any posts about me regarding trading up or down. Can not find what is not there?
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 01-06-2018 at 09:38 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Monmouth cty NJ
    Posts
    19
    Go all in sign Cousin and draft Jackson with 6 pick turn him into RB and start rebuilding line and receiving core (true#1) and re-sign AFJenjikns at TE

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by former_player View Post
    Go all in sign Cousin and draft Jackson with 6 pick turn him into RB and start rebuilding line and receiving core (true#1) and re-sign AFJenjikns at TE
    I'm not a Cousins fan but I understand the allure. I would also say that if you are worried about Jackson getting hit and injured as a QB, he won't last at RB. He doesn't have the legs or size to be an up the middle runner. I could see a team wanting to move him to WR. If I draft Jackson, I'm letting him play QB.
    Definitely bring back ASJ and add another WR if Q isn't going to return.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,988
    Trade for Eli Manning, draft 2 QBs and try to get nick foles and sign Favre to the practice squad, those cooper sleeves look to be helping

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    Trade for Eli Manning, draft 2 QBs and try to get nick foles and sign Favre to the practice squad, those cooper sleeves look to be helping
    Done!

    People are joking about the browns taking QBs with the 1rst and 4rth picks.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •