Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I respectfully disagree with you guys. In no way do I see it as an affront to veterans, active duty service people or the country.
    I love Chris Johnson's comments. I think giving the guys the freedom to do it may actually make them less likely to do anything.
    His doing this shows solidarity with the players and treats them like citizens not property.

I fully respect your views and I understand why you guys feel that way. It's just not my opinion on this situation.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you guys. In no way do I see it as an affront to veterans, active duty service people or the country.
    I love Chris Johnson's comments. I think giving the guys the freedom to do it may actually make them less likely to do anything.
    His doing this shows solidarity with the players and treats them like citizens not property.

I fully respect your views and I understand why you guys feel that way. It's just not my opinion on this situation.
    Completely agree with you. He is trying to be respectful of the league by staying in line with what appears to be an overwhelming majority opinion on how to handle this issue, while also trying to be respectful of the players' right to freedom and liberty that is supposed be represented by the anthem and flag. Without the freedom to exercise one's rights as an American, the anthem and flag are just empty symbols.

He is also putting his money where his mouth is on this issue. Hard for me to knock him for that reason alone.

My biggest problem with this whole issue is why are we having to discuss it? This is not happening in any other sport. The big issue in my mind is that the players have chosen the wrong platform to protest the issues they have with in justice in this country. Are their problem? Sure. Do they have a right to protest. Sure. My feelings are that the majority of people watch the NFL to see the games and for entertainment. The whole idea is to watch a game to get your mind off the problems of the day for a few hours. All this is doing is dividing the fans into those who believe they are disrespecting flag and country and those who do not.
    The players must remember that they are not the most important people in the sport the fans are. If the fans don't go to the games, watch them on TV, buy the jerseys etc. there would be no NFL. They should remember this when cashing their very large paychecks.
    I believe the main reason the owners came up with this plan was to appease the fans and stop this controversy
    so we can get back to football. This should never have been necessary but something had to be done.
    LETS GET BACK TO FOOTBALL PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    My biggest problem with this whole issue is why are we having to discuss it? This is not happening in any other sport. The big issue in my mind is that the players have chosen the wrong platform to protest the issues they have with in justice in this country. Are their problem? Sure. Do they have a right to protest. Sure. My feelings are that the majority of people watch the NFL to see the games and for entertainment. The whole idea is to watch a game to get your mind off the problems of the day for a few hours. All this is doing is dividing the fans into those who believe they are disrespecting flag and country and those who do not.
    The players must remember that they are not the most important people in the sport the fans are. If the fans don't go to the games, watch them on TV, buy the jerseys etc. there would be no NFL. They should remember this when cashing their very large paychecks.
    I believe the main reason the owners came up with this plan was to appease the fans and stop this controversy
    so we can get back to football. This should never have been necessary but something had to be done.

Done and done

I agree with the pro flag and anthem crowd, because I support my country and have a positive opinion on it. Others feel that there are injustices in the country or that life isn't fair. I agree with much of that, but I won't disparage or disgrace my country over it.

I agree with those who feel Chris Johnson's comments are a disgrace and that if he implements a policy, he shouldn't undermine it. He is causing more of an issue. Even though I'm a Jets fan, if he pays the fines for these unpatriotic idiots (yeah I went there), then I will applaud the Commissioner if he reduces the Jets salary cap by the amount of the fines paid. I'm all for the organization donating money to social causes, but not to the extent that they undermine the policy. After all, that player is costing the team those fines and it is the player that needs to decide whether they value their job or want to through their words and actions, hurt other people's feelings more.

No employer tolerates an affront to their business and an alienation of 50% of their customer base. Plus, for any worker in America who has signed a Corporate Policy statement, as a requirement of that job and if they are not complying with any of those Corporate Policies they are subject to immediate termination and if they are hourly workers and do something else besides what they are required to do during working hours, they could be docked a proportional amount of their pay. The owner is not supposed to let it go by unpunished. Further what kind of an imbalanced does it create if players pick teams that pay the fines for their players because the political climate in that state allows them to do so without repercussion and other teams in more conservative states do not. Of course, politically, Chris Johnson's words could be a recruiting aid for the Jets, but it still isn't the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree with the pro flag and anthem crowd, because I support my country and have a positive opinion on it. Others feel that there are injustices in the country or that life isn't fair. I agree with much of that, but I won't disparage or disgrace my country over it.

I agree with those who feel Chris Johnson's comments are a disgrace and that if he implements a policy, he shouldn't undermine it. He is causing more of an issue. Even though I'm a Jets fan, if he pays the fines for these unpatriotic idiots (yeah I went there), then I will applaud the Commissioner if he reduces the Jets salary cap by the amount of the fines paid. I'm all for the organization donating money to social causes, but not to the extent that they undermine the policy. After all, that player is costing the team those fines and it is the player that needs to decide whether they value their job or want to through their words and actions, hurt other people's feelings more.

No employer tolerates an affront to their business and an alienation of 50% of their customer base. Plus, for any worker in America who has signed a Corporate Policy statement, as a requirement of that job and if they are not complying with any of those Corporate Policies they are subject to immediate termination and if they are hourly workers and do something else besides what they are required to do during working hours, they could be docked a proportional amount of their pay. The owner is not supposed to let it go by unpunished. Further what kind of an imbalanced does it create if players pick teams that pay the fines for their players because the political climate in that state allows them to do so without repercussion and other teams in more conservative states do not. Of course, politically, Chris Johnson's words could be a recruiting aid for the Jets, but it still isn't the right thing to do.
    I am with you 100% on this issue. Could not have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Done and done
    I hear Bridgewater is looking good in OTA's, could you imagine if he has a stellar season and we can trade him for a draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I hear Bridgewater is looking good in OTA's, could you imagine if he has a stellar season and we can trade him for a draft pick?
    I have been saying that since we signed him. It would be a great problem to have if Teddy plays really well and Sam develops really well. Re-sign Teddy to a 3-4 year deal and trade him for a high pick or keep him till Sam beats him out of the job and then trade him or worst case, sam sucks and you still have Teddy.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718