Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Am I the only one who, sometime during the course of the day, thinks why couldn't the Jets just have been what everyone thought they were and only won 1 or 2 games. Sitting at #2 right now would answer all our questions. Now we have to play the whole do we trade up, and if so, at what cost or do we just stay put and see what QB will be left there for us game. And that's if any of the four QB's most of us like will even make it to pick # 6. Uggh...the life of a Jets fan, we can't even lose right, and then the Giants happen to have this kind of year when two stud QB prospects are available. Just shows the fortunes of the two New York football franchises!
    Here is the problem when you talk about 1 or 2 wins in the NFL: You have got to be REALLY bad in order to go 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, whether it be because a lack of talent or in the NY Giants, Indianapolis, and Houston's cases, injuries at key positions. I never really thought the Jets were ever going to be that bad to a point that would be 1-15, 2-14.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Because unfortunately players and coaches are trying to earn a paycheck. The Jets should try to move up, if they offer enough they could move to the #1 or #2 spot.
    I don't think the Jets have enough draft capital to trade up given how much talent they still need to bring to the team. Also, I don't see any of the QBs in this draft being worth trading up for.

If one of Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen falls to #6, then I would be happy for the Jets to take one. However, given that next year will likely still be a building year, I would much rather see them use their picks this year to bring in more talent and look at QB in FA and/or again in next year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't think the Jets have enough draft capital to trade up given how much talent they still need to bring to the team. Also, I don't see any of the QBs in this draft being worth trading up for.

If one of Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen falls to #6, then I would be happy for the Jets to take one. However, given that next year will likely still be a building year, I would much rather see them use their picks this year to bring in more talent and look at QB in FA and/or again in next year's draft.
    They have enough draft capital, and if they like Darnold or Rosen enough then they need to spend like a drunken sailor at a brothel to get one of them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

They have enough draft capital, and if they like Darnold or Rosen enough then they need to spend like a drunken sailor at a brothel to get one of them.
    100% agree. There is no more important position in sports then QB in the NFL! Like Clay said, if they like either one of those two enough, give up multiple firsts if need be. Hell, Tampa gave us two number 1's for Keyshawn Johnson back in the day. Is anyone killing the Rams or Eagles for trading up for Goff and Wentz? If Cleveland would be willing to trade the #1 overall pick, I would give three #1's without blinking an eye!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    100% agree. There is no more important position in sports then QB in the NFL! Like Clay said, if they like either one of those two enough, give up multiple firsts if need be. Hell, Tampa gave us two number 1's for Keyshawn Johnson back in the day. Is anyone killing the Rams or Eagles for trading up for Goff and Wentz? If Cleveland would be willing to trade the #1 overall pick, I would give three #1's without blinking an eye!
    But Rosen and Darnold are not Goff and Wentz.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    But Rosen and Darnold are not Goff and Wentz.
    For what it's worth, Todd McShay gave both Goff and Wentz an overall rating of 91 back in 2016. Currently he has Darnold rated a 93 and Rosen a 94. Like I said, he's definitely not the end all when it comes to talent evaluators, but at this point, you don't have much else to base any college prospect on. These evaluations are definitely subjective, but at this stage of the game, I really don't know how you can say that neither Darnold nor Rosen are either Goff or Wentz at this point.

For what it's worth, Todd McShay gave both Goff and Wentz an overall rating of 91 back in 2016. Currently he has Darnold rated a 93 and Rosen a 94. Like I said, he's definitely not the end all when it comes to talent evaluators, but at this point, you don't have much else to base any college prospect on. These evaluations are definitely subjective, but at this stage of the game, I really don't know how you can say that neither Darnold nor Rosen are either Goff or Wentz at this point.
    I've said why a bunch of times (That's not being snarky, I don't want to bore anyone with my SOS )

I'm glad to hear that they are rated that highly. Look, if we get one of them, I hope beyond hope I am miserably wrong about them. I would be thrilled to be wrong. (But only if we draft one. If anyone else does, I hope I'm right and they are busts)

Can't see a way the Jets don't get Kirk or Mayfield. If the Jets don't have a quarterback on the roster that is a significant upgrade/seen as a high potential option and they leave the first day of the draft without one, it is a huge fail from Mac.

He gets it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ideal off season before the draft.
    Cuts; Wilkerson, Ijalana, and Forte to save about 20m off cap.
    Restructure Skrine
    Resign Asj, Davis, Clairborne, Pennel, Ealy Miles and Brooks.
    Sign the following free agents. Cousins @ QB, Richardson @ DL, Johnson @ CB or Butler if Johnson is too expensive. Add the best center available and maybe a RB. This is a lot to do and not all of these players will make it to free agency but if they do that would make this a definite playoff contender.
    They would have all their draft picks to further enhance the team. With the 6th pick I would go for pass rusher Chubb. After that BPA with OL preference in mind. I would sign up for this right now. Make it happen Macc.

“When you’re 7-9, you know it’s hard to say, ‘Wow, this guy really was outstanding,’” Gruden said. “Kirk had his flashes where he was really good. From a consistent standpoint, over the course of 16 games, you know, we’re 7-9.”

Gruden added that Cousins “did some great things” and is “a very, very good quarterback without a doubt,” but the coach clearly left some real doubt and wiggle room about Washington’s need to shackle Cousins for next season."

Cousins is 29 and will be 30 before the start of the next season. He will want a long term deal. 5+ years, for at least 25 mil per.
    Cousins QBR and RAT have gone down each of the last 3 years. From 72+ to 50 and from 101 to 94. I know he has great numbers but I don't see a great QB and for 25 mil, you need to be a great QB. I hope the Broncos or Browns get him. I would much rather roll with a kid we get from the draft.

But are the Jets in a position to do such a thing? And as I have said before on this site, why did Goff and Wentz get better this year as compared to last year when the Rams were 4-12 and the Eagles were 7-9? I think it has more to do with the additions of such players like Andrew Wentworth, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Alshon Jeffrey, Jay Ajayi, Torrey Smith, along with better coaching than anything else.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Not sure Ajayi had anything to do with the Eagles success this year, but to answer yor question this is their 2nd year and they are accustomed to the speed of the game.

Calvin Watkins of Newsday is reporting that Gang Green and tight end Austin Seferian-Jeknins are in fact talking about a new contract, but Seferian-Jenkins turned down the Jets initial two-year offer for $8 million but the sides will continue negotiating. From Watkins:

One of the Jets’ free agents, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, has had contract talks with the team, a source said. The Jets offered him a two-year, $8-million deal and were rejected, but they will continue talks with his representatives. Seferian-Jenkins had career highs in receptions (50) and yards (357) and had three touchdown catches.
    uh-oh!

uh-oh!
    wonder if he just wants a longer deal or if he wants more money. I thought 4mil per is pretty fair

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast