Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I like Olivares. He's a young CF with decent pop.

Solarte is a solid bench player though behind Travis. If needed he can play everyday and produce offensively. He's a switch hitter but is MUCH better against RHP.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Travis, Solarte, Tulowitzki, Diaz.

Any chance Travis moves to the outfield or something? Then Solarte plays 2B with Diaz as backup utility IF?
    If anything, Diaz is the guy playing outfield more.

Good move but kinda feel like we need to move someone to make room for everyone. Wish we could move Morales so then we can DH Travis/Tulo more while involving Solarte and Diaz.

I don't know, Tulo and Travis likely have the starting spots, but our bench is now Diaz, Solarte, Pearce and Maile. Unless they go with 5 or start the season with Diaz in AAA so he can play everyday and they can keep Carrera (or another actual OFer).

Solarte has been better away from SD the last couple years, and it looks like he struggled in the 2nd half last year after missing about 6 weeks in the middle of the season.

diaz and solarte are good moves?

do tell in what universe? these arent good moves, the yankkes give up Mitchell to get the Padres to take Headley off their hands, and Headley replaces Solarte. so we get a guy who is replaced by yankee trash and its a good move!!!

Diaz who was replaced By Dejong and of no use to the cardinals, is a good move?

have the Jays suddenly lowered their standards by so much thay acquiring other teams discards and unwanted players actually qualifies as good moves now?

I call this stacking deck chairs on the titanic

there is talk they might be in on JD Martinez, i'll believe it when i see it, but thats the kind of move that makes a difference. Not Solarte and Not Diaz. if those two are the extent of what we do, Josh Donaldson is gone, either by trade in season or by his own choosing in October
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 01-06-2018 at 09:23 PM.

How are they not good moves? Just cause you put some Yankees spin that makes no sense doesn’t make them bad moves.
    They traded there 18th best spec in a farm that you’ve been preaching has horrible depth and a guy who’s not even in there top 30 for a guy who’s 27 and one year away from an all star game for dirt cheap in the area we need depth at and a guy who plays every infield position a switch hitter with a career .750 OPS.

So did you really like Olivares and Woodman.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 01-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.

where Castro and Didi just discarded guys there teams didn’t want or where they good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    where Castro and Didi just discarded guys there teams didn’t want or where they good moves.
    these guys were never top prospects theres a difference

didi was 24 when acquired castro 25, Solarte is 30 diaz is 27 if you cant see the difference, well then I cant help you

two guys with upside acquired before their prime and two other guys already in their prime one of whom is about to leave it
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 01-06-2018 at 11:54 PM.

And Diaz was an all star a year ago and is 27, I’d rather take a chance on a guy who was a MLB all star a year ago then a former top 100 spec. Who I might add again was had for basically nothing.

These guys were acquired to improve the MI depth. They weren't acquired to replace Tulo and Travis. They said tjey needed MI depth as a priority, and the first 2 deals got them just that. Just because its later than you like it doesn't make it a bad move. Diaz and Solarte are replacing Goins and Barney..and they are both a significant upgrade offensively.

Are they enough on their own, of course not. But that doesn't mean acquiring them to improve the bench were bad moves.

I like it. Gives us good depth in the MI which was sorely needed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Good move but kinda feel like we need to move someone to make room for everyone. Wish we could move Morales so then we can DH Travis/Tulo more while involving Solarte and Diaz.
    How much would you eat to get Morales off the team? He's owed 23 over the next two and doesn't have a lot of value. I would eat any where from 8 million to half. If a team like KC loses both Moustakas and Hosmer, they are gonna need bodies

The troll is back to kill the conversation again, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    How much would you eat to get Morales off the team? He's owed 23 over the next two and doesn't have a lot of value. I would eat any where from 8 million to half. If a team like KC loses both Moustakas and Hosmer, they are gonna need bodies
    I guess whatever is the best deal to present itself. I think the only deal to get rid of him is if you trade him for another overpaid guy. Like Drew Storen for Benoit. But not sure which team needs a DH lol.

I think KC is a realistic choice. They are probably going to lose Hosmer and Moustakas making Moss the de facto 1B. They don't really have anyone to DH and Morales enjoyed some success there. Eat 8 million and the Royals would owe him 2/15 which is doable. Maybe they want to get rid of Hammel who could be a swing man type. They are the only team that I can see that makes any sort of sense

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast