Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players is the best?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James

10 47.62%
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

3 14.29%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

0 0%
  • Shaquille O'Neal

3 14.29%
  • Tim Duncan

0 0%
  • Magic Johnson

3 14.29%
  • Larry Bird

0 0%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

0 0%
  • Another player (please specify)

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lebrons best years are like Durantís years now. They mean nothing because we donít count coward years. So Lebron in 2010 is the best we seen form him. Minus the quitting against a over the hill or non elite year form KG lead team.
    Last edited by Bostonjorge; 01-07-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Tough. I dont feel strongly that Kareem/Wilt/Lebron has the edge. Juudging Wilt vs Shaq is impossible. Top 5 has to be those guys though. On my phone can someone tell me the vote.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Lebron 6 kareem 2

I think that choosing between wilt, Kareem, and Lebron is so hard. wilt and kareem were more dominant in their era, but the talent level today is way higher. I have shaq a notch below because he was a fatty who only showed up certain years.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I would take Shaq over everyone in any league outside of the current one and it wouldnt be close...... Id take shaq Over Jordan in prime mode and Lebron but this Era might actually limit would Shaq could do... Lebron and Jordan could play in any era where is SHAQ could play in any era up until this past 5 years or so... The game is just way to fast and reliant on a center and players who space the floor.... SHAQ would still be damn good but his impact in todays game wouldnt be the same as what it was during his prime.
    His floor would be an offensively better version of DeAndre Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    His floor would be an offensively better version of DeAndre Jordan.
    Lol you guys are ridiculous. Nobody today could contain Shaq. That's like saying Amare would less effective today despite helping kick start this era, young Shaqs floor is a 7ft Amare with high bb iq. He evolved his game based upon the standards of the time. Think of it this way, look at Shaqs final season and realize he was producing at a higher level (per minute) than DJ when he was healthy, with him in the lineup the Celtics were finally an elite offensive team. That's an old Shaq producing at an all star level, he was feasting on dump offs and lack of primary attention, similar to DJ. What's a prime Shaq gonna do in an era where dribble penetration is so easy. The NBA made rules to help offset his dominance, it influenced the rest of the league more imo.

Shaq couldn't be defended by twigs, small ball would be reversed quite abit just with his presence

Taking KAJ here. LeBron surpasses him in a few more years but impossible to ignore that length of a career and still being productive.

LeBron is an easy #3 for me.

I don't see a reason to entertain Wilt or Shaq. Shaq was dominant but only got four rings (one of which he was sidekick). His lack in maintaining his diet contributes to his lower ranking. As for Wilt, well, put up insane numbers and was clearly a specimen but was by all accounts, not a good leader and wasn't as dedicated to winning.

LeBron just has the advantage of some of these guys in rings, being the leader of every single one of them, stats, accomplishments. Very well rounded and unquestionable career.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lol you guys are ridiculous. Nobody today could contain Shaq. That's like saying Amare would less effective today despite helping kick start this era, young Shaqs floor is a 7ft Amare with high bb iq. He evolved his game based upon the standards of the time. Think of it this way, look at Shaqs final season and realize he was producing at a higher level (per minute) than DJ when he was healthy, with him in the lineup the Celtics were finally an elite offensive team. That's an old Shaq producing at an all star level, he was feasting on dump offs and lack of primary attention, similar to DJ. What's a prime Shaq gonna do in an era where dribble penetration is so easy. The NBA made rules to help offset his dominance, it influenced the rest of the league more imo.

Shaq couldn't be defended by twigs, small ball would be reversed quite abit just with his presence
    If Z-Bo could still pound the paint today and drop 15, Shaq would easily drop 30. It's sad he couldn't take his career a bit more serious. Bill Simmons summed his career up pretty well. Could've been a 4.0 student in college but would rather have fun and graduate with a 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt:32085347
    Taking KAJ here. LeBron surpasses him in a few more years but impossible to ignore that length of a career and still being productive.

I don't see a reason to entertain Wilt or Shaq. Shaq was dominant but only got four rings (one of which he was sidekick). His lack in maintaining his diet contributes to his lower ranking. As for Wilt, well, put up insane numbers and was clearly a specimen but was by all accounts, not a good leader and wasn't as dedicated to winning.

LeBron just has the advantage of some of these guys in rings, being the leader of every single one of them, stats, accomplishments. Very well rounded and unquestionable career.
    Read the OP

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

I agree with this. I put Curry and Jordan above Shaw here but really Shaq isn't a wrong answer and he would dominate this era above all eras honestly. This is such a weak era for centers and Shaq feasted on ATGs.

I've said it before, imagine a prime Shaq on this Warriors team lol.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

#Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Put Iverson on this Warriors [instead of Curry] and they would be just as scary and play at even a faster pace, Iverson with those weapons getting wide open looks would be scary
    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post

It's really hard for you to get over your fetish for longevity but the thread asks that of us. It's not an aggregate of seasons but an idea of their dominance at their best. Basically this is a peak run argument focusing on talent, skill and impact I would say

Did you read the criteria? This is not a list of comparing players careers, it is simply who you think is the better player if they were at their peak and being drafted for a season.

If Z-Bo could still pound the paint today and drop 15, Shaq would easily drop 30. It's sad he couldn't take his career a bit more serious. Bill Simmons summed his career up pretty well. Could've been a 4.0 student in college but would rather have fun and graduate with a 3.5.
    You'd be surprised how true that holds for most greats. Not everyone is built with a maniacal drive and you could argue that it can also be damaging to a players legacy in the wrong circumstance. Like Larry Bird arguably didn't get the most out of his talent either. Still a goat candidate

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Read the OP
    Oh, got it. Still taking LeBron. Was Shaq really more dominant than LeBron's peak? He might be individually but LeBron could do everything at an elite level. Shaq wasn't a great rebounder or defender, just an impossible beast of a player who could score anywhere. But he lacked FT shooting and couldn't spread the floor whatsoever. So much is made about Shaq's ability to dominate the post and it's true. But LeBron's ability to attack the basket is sometimes just as effective. They both shoot just about the same FG% 0-3 ft from the basket. In a case like this where two historic level players at their peak, you take the one who can do more and LeBron is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well first of all I am not sure that we are judging just one season of play here but overall ability of a player and who you would take.

I will focus on Shaq since you think he or Wilt should be going here. I am not sure but will use 2000 as a basic look at their best statistical years for basics https://www.basketball-reference.com...alsh01&y2=2000

Now Lebron had MVP, FMVP that season just like Shaq did and he clearly matches up statistically. It is the same post season where Bird made that comment about Lebrons run I believe. Game 6 vs. Boston was the epic individual moment even if was are talking about including single moments to the single season. Even if we were saying you have to pick one defining season and match it up (whether accolades, stats, visual impact, key moments etc) he would have a case. If we narrow it down further than just one season to judge best and look at say a finals performance (or best key series since SA for LA) I think 2016 does him more favors than Shaq with those final 5 games/ending.

I mean I already stated I think Shaq is in this tier don't get me wrong but what is the big argument for him over Lebron that is so obvious? Right now I see it as two very dominant players who each have arguments depending on what you value.
    We're not suppose to value mvp tho. I'm not that impressed with besting an old Celtics team compared to how Shaq throttled the 01 loffs and a 3 peet vs stronger comp imo. Like compare their production vs the best teams they've played against, are they really better than what Shaq did to DPOY and swarming defenses? Bron has his GS victory but I wouldn't call that peak Bron, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    2013????????
    Prolly his best. A decent choice but Shaq slayed better teams and was harder to game plan for imo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast