Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Bellichek

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I pictured him more doing the pimp drop on Brady and then strolling around with the ho train.
    Lmao Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He can't just retire then become Giants head coach. Patriots still have his rights til his contract is up, they would seek compensation from the Giants and would more than likely not require multiple draft picks. So, dream scenario.
    Would you be shocked if he had an opt out Claus in his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Would you be shocked if he had an opt out Claus in his contract?
    Yes, very.

He's not coming here. This thread should be closed. Probably going to hire Wilks.

Really? I wouldn't be. The leverage it gives him. Kraft gets so close to players I wouldn't be shocked if it was in there so Bill could use it in negotiations.

Again I don't think there's any chance he comes to NY
    But for someone who is always prepared for anything I wouldn't put it passed him

Really? I wouldn't be. The leverage it gives him. Kraft gets so close to players I wouldn't be shocked if it was in there so Bill could use it in negotiations.

Again I don't think there's any chance he comes to NY
    But for someone who is always prepared for anything I wouldn't put it passed him
    Hard to say since the contract details for him are kept pretty close to the chest. But, you just don't see many opt out clauses given in the NFL. I'm sure they exist, somewhere. However, I can't recall the last time I have seen one.

Player wise
    Kap opted out
    Alex Mack opted out
    Idk about coaches but if there was a coach to have one it would probably be the one with 5 rings and all the leverage

Player wise
    Kap opted out
    Alex Mack opted out
    Idk about coaches but if there was a coach to have one it would probably be the one with 5 rings and all the leverage
    I should have specified in terms of coaching in the NFL.

Most organizations don't like to have lame duck coaches as it creates a cloud of uncertainty within the organization. So, I can't see opt outs being common in coaching.

I would ask one question: Why would Belichick or Saban give up the power they currently have to come over to the Giants? I really don't see a reason for either of them to do that. They both do things their way. Both of them would be accepting a demotion for coming here as neither will have the personnel decision making ability they currently have. The only way I saw Belichick coming over was if he was hired as the next GM of the Giants. I think there is a higher chance of Parcells coming back to coach the Giants than either Belichick or Saban.

I think the Giants are the only place BB would come to after the Pats. That or retire.

I'm sure the stories are blown out of proportion. Pats are a lightning rod for that.

NYG-NE have a great professional relationship, so if there was a situation (which I don't think there will be) where BB asks for his release to go to NY, I could see it happening one way or another.

Would love to see him back in blue. But I also don't know that he wants to be coaching for the length of time it would take to instill his system, roster, etc. Moving our D from what it is now to a BB friendly system is a 3 year plan minimum and the effects come after that.

Just get Patricia and let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I think the Giants are the only place BB would come to after the Pats. That or retire.

I'm sure the stories are blown out of proportion. Pats are a lightning rod for that.

NYG-NE have a great professional relationship, so if there was a situation (which I don't think there will be) where BB asks for his release to go to NY, I could see it happening one way or another.

Would love to see him back in blue. But I also don't know that he wants to be coaching for the length of time it would take to instill his system, roster, etc. Moving our D from what it is now to a BB friendly system is a 3 year plan minimum and the effects come after that.

Just get Patricia and let's see what happens.
    There are teams out there who have switched defensive alignments with success almost immediately, so it's not impossible.

I think we're gonna hire Matt Patricia. That's my guess.

I don't have a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12