Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Bellichek

Bill Bellichek

Would you wait until after the Super Bowl or if the Pats lose before then to see what might happen to Bellichek with the risk of losing other qualified candidates ?

If there is a feeling that Bellichek might leave then I doubt that McDaniels would accept another job as he is the heir apparant.

I don't know... obviously I would love BB as our head coach but I just can't really see it. I fee like if he were to leave he would just retire, he is 65 does he really wanna start fresh or are we contenders to the point we're he thinks he can coach 2-3 years with a legitimate chance to win? It would be awesome if he came along with mcdaniels to be his successor. Highly doubtful though.

He isnít coming here. So I donít think we can even think about him leading the Giants to a SB victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    He isnít coming here. So I donít think we can even think about him leading the Giants to a SB victory.
    If he is going to finish his career as a Patriot then you are correct. If by chance he wins another SB and decides it is time to leave or even if he doesn't win another SB but decides to leave and coach somewhere else, why wouldn't The Giants be on the top of his list.

The problem would be that he would want more power than Gettleman or Mara would give him.

The Dolphins would be a good choice for him as the owner has gobs and gobs of money in his real estate ventures and could give him some ownership interest in the franchise.

Well first off, his last name is Belichick, not whatever you put.

Not to be a dick but it's so annoying people can't do 5 seconds of research to make sure the persons name is spelled correctly.

On that note, no. I don't see him leaving the patriots. The media is blowing it out of proportion, in my opinion.

There are reports he's looking to come back to NY. Even heard somewhere he believes this is the perfect opportunity, as he doesn't expect the Giants to have an opening at the position soon.

Definitely would have him, and if it means waiting a little longer, I'm totally fine with that, as I don't imagine they'll rush into a hire too soon either way. But I believe the whole story is blown out of proportion too. Could happen that he'd want to leave if he's not given the go ahead to draft Brady's successor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

Not to be a dick but it's so annoying people can't do 5 seconds of research to make sure the persons name is spelled correctly.

On that note, no. I don't see him leaving the patriots. The media is blowing it out of proportion, in my opinion.
    You didn't capitalize the p in Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

I also find it so annoying that someone cannot take 5 seconds of research to make sure that when spelling a team name a capital is used !!!

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Would you wait until after the Super Bowl or if the Pats lose before then to see what might happen to Bellichek with the risk of losing other qualified candidates ?

If there is a feeling that Bellichek might leave then I doubt that McDaniels would accept another job as he is the heir apparant.
    DG is doing well so far....I would hope that he don't rush into hiring a HC until after the SB to see if any surprise candidates emerge.

I think BB might be getting tired of Brady drawing attention to the team with all the personal attention he gets...with personal trainers and ball boys, things of that nature.

I do believe that he wanted JG to stay and not leave......definitely thinking like Bill Parcells ....having a back up ready to go when you believe your starting QB is susceptible to injury.

Anything is possible,but if BB comes to NY ....DG would have to make him assistant GM or something

Can't see BB leaving NE unless he retires

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Can't see BB leaving NE unless he retires
    Patriots have his rights regardless of how he would leave the team. So if there was a chance, the Giants would have to compensate them. He isn't worth a high draft pick let alone multiple ones IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I also find it so annoying that someone cannot take 5 seconds of research to make sure that when spelling a team name a capital is used !!!
    Touche.

The seasonal football fans I know keep bringing this up to me, Its not going to happen but IF
    And that's a big IF it did happen.. here's the scenario..

Bill Belichick calls a press conference.
    Says he's Retiring from the New England Patriot organization.

Talks fondly of his time in New England.
    Goes over accomplishments.. then a somber tone takes over talks about the 2 championships that got away. Talks about a perfect season left in ruin. As he is tapping his 5 rings on the press table.. saying there should be 2 more championship rings... then music hit.. Bruce Springsteen's Glory Day starts play .
    Belichick stands up takes his hand out of his pocket says oh wait I got my Two Rings My First Two Rings from 21 & 25 ! FLIPS OFF KRAFT .. HITS BRADY WITH A STUNNER.. and walks away.

Next day he is announced as the NYG Head Football Coach and Gand Poobah of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    The seasonal football fans I know keep bringing this up to me, Its not going to happen but IF
    And that's a big IF it did happen.. here's the scenario..

Bill Belichick calls a press conference.
    Says he's Retiring from the New England Patriot organization.

Talks fondly of his time in New England.
    Goes over accomplishments.. then a somber tone takes over talks about the 2 championships that got away. Talks about a perfect season left in ruin. As he is tapping his 5 rings on the press table.. saying there should be 2 more championship rings... then music hit.. Bruce Springsteen's Glory Day starts play .
    Belichick stands up takes his hand out of his pocket says oh wait I got my Two Rings My First Two Rings from 21 & 25 ! FLIPS OFF KRAFT .. HITS BRADY WITH A STUNNER.. and walks away.

Next day he is announced as the NYG Head Football Coach and Gand Poobah of New York
    I pictured him more doing the pimp drop on Brady and then strolling around with the ho train.

He can't just retire then become Giants head coach. Patriots still have his rights til his contract is up, they would seek compensation from the Giants and would more than likely not require multiple draft picks. So, dream scenario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast