Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    IMO Ramirez is a 3Bman.

Kipnis isnít going to be traded and will likely slot into their 2B hole. Ramirez likely wonít move around a lot unless Kipnis gets hurt.

2. 01-10-2018, 01:26 PM
    Reason
    No need for the bickering

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But we're talking about a guy who started almost 50% of his games at 2B last year and is more likely to play some/a lot of 2B this season too (especially if Kipnis is traded as is being talked about/injured as has happened). We're not talking about putting guys in here who haven't played positions in years or at all in the majors even though we all know they are capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Because you have this naive hardstance that "he's a 3b!". He's a "3b" because the Indians play him here. He's also a 2b. He played there 550 innings last year. It's pedantic and obtuse of you to be so hardlined. He qualifies more as a thirdbasemen simply because the Indians play him there.

You're being incredibly narrowminded. He's got the ability to do both. And plays both. It's not like he's a SS who logged 1100 innings at SS and played 5 games at 2b. He finished with the 31st most innings played at the position. He's a secondbaseman too. He just played 3b more.
    For the hundredth time, I donít give a **** what he has the ďabilityĒ to do. I want to know where heíll be playing.

Not sure what to tell you guys. I guess youíll have to wait and see him play almost all his games at 3B this year.

Started at 3B in the all-star game, played the majority of his innings there, and is slated to be the full-time 3B this year for the Indians. But letís list him in the top 5 2B.

4. 01-10-2018, 01:50 PM
    Reason

5. 01-10-2018, 02:03 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    For the hundredth time, I donít give a **** what he has the ďabilityĒ to do. I want to know where heíll be playing.

Not sure what to tell you guys. I guess youíll have to wait and see him play almost all his games at 3B this year.

Started at 3B in the all-star game, played the majority of his innings there, and is slated to be the full-time 3B this year for the Indians. But letís list him in the top 5 2B.
    When did I say "list him as a 2b"? I did say you're being obtuse. Which you are. You're being unnecessarily hardlined. And it's not anything like what Seager would do at 3b because Seager has logged less than 100 in his career at 3b. If Seager logged about 40% of his time at 3b, it'd be similar. But it's not. It's an incredibly pedantic argument of semantics. Ramirez logged the 31st most innings at 2b last year. Corey Seager logged as many innings at 3b as Madison Bumgarner (zero). He was literally tied for last. It's complete apples to oranges.

I personally wouldn't list Ramirez as a 2b currently. But it's not out of the box to list someone who logged 227 games in the minors (vs 19 at 3b) at 2b, and who is most recently the 31st most frequent 2b in the MLB as a 2b and has almost 1,000 innings logged in the majors at the position. Where he "started in the all-star game" is meaningless.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-10-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

When did I say "list him as a 2b"? I did say you're being obtuse. Which you are. You're being unnecessarily hardlined. And it's not anything like what Seager would do at 3b because Seager has logged less than 100 in his career at 3b. If Seager logged about 40% of his time at 3b, it'd be similar. But it's not. It's an incredibly pedantic argument of semantics. Ramirez logged the 31st most innings at 2b last year. Corey Seager logged as many innings at 3b as Madison Bumgarner (zero). He was literally tied for last. It's complete apples to oranges.

I personally wouldn't list Ramirez as a 2b currently. But it's not out of the box to list someone who logged 227 games in the minors (vs 19 at 3b) at 2b, and who is most recently the 31st most frequent 2b in the MLB as a 2b and has almost 1,000 innings logged in the majors at the position. Where he "started in the all-star game" is meaningless.
    He's absolutely positively never playing any 2B this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Played the majority of his innings at 3B last year = Doesnít matter
    Played 3B in the all-star game = Doesnít matter
    Is playing 3B next year = Doesnít matter

Got it bud.

And how does the all-star vote not matter? Players get voted at the position they play and what position the league and itís fans think that player is. Dudnt mattah.

9. 01-10-2018, 06:19 PM
    Reason

10. 01-10-2018, 11:57 PM
    Reason

Gentlemen, there is no need for that kind of petty back and forth bickering, keep it out of the threads

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Played the majority of his innings at 3B last year = Doesnít matter
    Played 3B in the all-star game = Doesnít matter
    Is playing 3B next year = Doesnít matter

Got it bud.

And how does the all-star vote not matter? Players get voted at the position they play and what position the league and itís fans think that player is. Dudnt mattah.
    You do realize that the ballot locks a player into a position by May, correct? It's an online ballot. Fans don't get to write in a player at a position. For example: Javier Baez. He logged more innings at SS (570 vs 503, including other positions as well). Where was he on the MLB Fan Vote All-Star Ballot? Second Base. Why? Because they lock the voting in, in May. I don't care what the fan voting was or what the All-Star Game claims a player is. It's literally a non-argument. Hell, the all-star vote doesn't even take into account different OF positions. It's "OF". Real scientific and specific, don't ya think? All-Star game "starts" shouldn't ever mean anything prepositionally.

If you want pedantic, semantic argument, Fangraphs, the world's best website when it comes to baseball lists Ramirez as a....2b/3b. Wonder why that is...? Jose Ramirez get's the same treatment on Baseball-Reference. You know how much those matter? About as much as where the MLB locks a player in to the fan vote, but if we're going to make non-logical, random, opinionated arguments, I'll stoop to your level and play the game.

Jose Ramirez has logged more innings at 2b in his professional career than at 3b. He came up as a 2b. Yes, he's going to be deployed as a 3b next season. I'd list him, personally, as a 3b. But stop acting like it's some heinous crime to list someone as experienced at a position like Ramirez is at 2b, as a 2b. It's not anywhere near the other examples you've so listed. The guy's about as much of a 2b as he is a 3b. He plays both positions with heavy regularity.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-11-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

13. 01-11-2018, 02:11 AM
    Reason
    What did I say?

14. 01-11-2018, 02:26 AM
    Reason
    What did I say?

You do realize that the ballot locks a player into a position by May, correct? It's an online ballot. Fans don't get to write in a player at a position. For example: Javier Baez. He logged more innings at SS (570 vs 503, including other positions as well). Where was he on the MLB Fan Vote All-Star Ballot? Second Base. Why? Because they lock the voting in, in May. I don't care what the fan voting was or what the All-Star Game claims a player is. It's literally a non-argument. Hell, the all-star vote doesn't even take into account different OF positions. It's "OF". Real scientific and specific, don't ya think? All-Star game "starts" shouldn't ever mean anything prepositionally.

If you want pedantic, semantic argument, Fangraphs, the world's best website when it comes to baseball lists Ramirez as a....2b/3b. Wonder why that is...? Jose Ramirez get's the same treatment on Baseball-Reference. You know how much those matter? About as much as where the MLB locks a player in to the fan vote, but if we're going to make non-logical, random, opinionated arguments, I'll stoop to your level and play the game.

Jose Ramirez has logged more innings at 2b in his professional career than at 3b. He came up as a 2b. Yes, he's going to be deployed as a 3b next season. I'd list him, personally, as a 3b. But stop acting like it's some heinous crime to list someone as experienced at a position like Ramirez is at 2b, as a 2b. It's not anywhere near the other examples you've so listed. The guy's about as much of a 2b as he is a 3b. He plays both positions with heavy regularity.
    I get it, nothing matters in relation to him being a 3B this upcoming season and the majority of last year. You can argue until your face turns blue but the evidence is on my side. Good day to you.

16. 01-11-2018, 10:01 AM
    Reason
    What did I say?

1. Altuve
    2. Murphy
    3. Dozier
    4. Schoop
    5. Cano

Jose Ramirez goes into the #2 spot (assuming we consider him a 2B).

Guys, I am being dead serious. Stop derailing threads with this garbage. There was no need to reply to my post to keep it going. Take this as an official warning- the next time this happens I will hand out infractions. The petty posts where we passive-aggressively bait others needs to stop.

Next time what happens? I wasn't baiting anyone with my reply to you. I'd say the exact same thing in a PM to you but didn't feel that it was at all necessary.

PM me with your reply if you think this subject is so ultra sensitive it can't be discussed in public or something.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Guys, I am being dead serious. Stop derailing threads with this garbage. There was no need to reply to my post to keep it going. Take this as an official warning- the next time this happens I will hand out infractions. The petty posts where we passive-aggressively bait others needs to stop.
    Dead serious, might want to tell that to Green Monster. Purposely disagrees with everything and puts others down on the regular.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Final Results: 11 ballots

1. Jose Altuve: 55 (11 1st)
    2. Daniel Murphy: 31
    3. Brian Dozier: 30
    4. Robinson Cano: 24
    5. Jonathan Schoop: 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234