Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Why not give him 2 years first to see if he sucks? This is really bad and will likely be a joke across all sports at some point...
    Because he would laugh at that and stay at ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Because he would laugh at that and stay at ESPN
    Given how badly he did this year and how ESPN keeps cutting expensive people with experience... I'd expect he'd be near the top of the firing list.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    At least the Raiders are about to be our guaranteed wins again.... Gruden has a 1-9 career record against Denver.
    That's 1-7 pal....

Lmao I can't wait to see this blow up. As someone who likes Gruden, this was a stupid thing to do.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Bigger story is... who replaces Gruden? Romo retired too early lol.

The return... 2018-19

Only Billy B deserves that kinda money

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Wow doesn't do it justice.

At least he's hiring some competent coordinators it seems for his coaching comeback.

Paul Guenther confirmed as DC. John Morton rumored for OC.
    I'd be really happy if they got Morton for OC, but most news outlets are now saying Greg Olsen will be hired as OC because he "is great in the week's preparation, he just sucks at calling plays on game day," but that's OK bc Gruden will be the one calling plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Why not give him 2 years first to see if he sucks? This is really bad and will likely be a joke across all sports at some point...
    I've seen some people guess that there'll be a buyout clause to allow the Raiders to get out of the contract if he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Just made the new Vegas team that much more marketable. Guaranteed the Raiders have the same early success that their NHL team did. Gotta sell tickets.
    This (and the Lynch signing last year) is about a) keeping the interest in Oakland, b) drum up fan interest so they can sell PSLs in the new Vegas stadium and c) create league-wide buzz to attract sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Still holding a grudge over SBXV? Let it go man.

Nah. I just love to see a great dumpster fire.

They had to give him this crazy *** deal because in order for him to have received an ownership stake it would of needed to be voted on by the other owners, and it would not have gotten approved. Gruden wasn't going to walk away from ESPN without some sort of big time deal like this. With that said JDR should be coaching somewhere this season.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    That's 1-7 pal....
    Lost two more times to Denver when he was the HC of the Buccaneers lol

@AlbrightNFL

FWIW: Wade Phillips has a significantly better winning percentage as a HC than Jon Gruden.

How dumb. Dude hasn't coached since 2009 and the Raiders make him the highest paid coach in NFL history?

Quote Originally Posted by MVPete View Post
    They had to give him this crazy *** deal because in order for him to have received an ownership stake it would of needed to be voted on by the other owners, and it would not have gotten approved. Gruden wasn't going to walk away from ESPN without some sort of big time deal like this. With that said JDR should be coaching somewhere this season.
    I've heard it reported that minority ownership stakes don't require a vote by the other owners.

More importantly for them I believe is not to set this precedent. Without a question Belichick would deserve a stake if that happened, for example.

Gruden probably could buy a minority stake in the Raiders with his $100 mil. but that wouldn't be the same as including it in a head coaching contract.

They have such a weird fascination with him it is insane

Gruden recently strongly denied on ESPN (or somewhere) that Raiders offered him ownership stake but this deal says otherwise IMO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast