Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    So what. Climate change has not been scientifically proven. It is a theory. Is there a greenhouse gas effect? Yes. Have they adequately proved that is can be affected by us? No. The 98% figure has been disproven.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexeps.../#31dded183f9f

Keep spewing your liberal propaganda.
    Dude... Normally the stuff you post about sports in here is pretty spot on - I actually like reading that stuff.

That Forbes article is a mess. You don't need to be Einstein to understand that burning anything is bad for the enviroment that we live in.

C'MON BROH!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Dude... Normally the stuff you post about sports in here is pretty spot on - I actually like reading that stuff.

That Forbes article is a mess. You don't need to be Einstein to understand that burning anything is bad for the enviroment that we live in.

C'MON BROH!
    I never said it wasn't. I'm saying you can't quantify "how bad"...It's actual impact...At what level does it make a significant impact. Nobody has adequately proved this. If you actually read my previous posts I state there is truth to the green house gas affect. That is real. But to what extent is it harmful and to what extent is it controllable? Nobody knows...And 98% of scientists certainly don't agree.

Alcohol is bad for our bodies...But is it totally destructive? Only at a certain level. What is the level...This is the discussion here. Come back when you actually have some points to make.

City of Champions

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/nfl-...gos-checked-in

Interesting Kraft talking about BB and TB checking their egos at the door.

Interesting TB was making all sorts of comments about he wouldn't be playing anymore if it wasn't for his binky.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I never said it wasn't. I'm saying you can't quantify "how bad"...It's actual impact...At what level does it make a significant impact. Nobody has adequately proved this. If you actually read my previous posts I state there is truth to the green house gas affect. That is real. But to what extent is it harmful and to what extent is it controllable? Nobody knows...And 98% of scientists certainly don't agree.

Alcohol is bad for our bodies...But is it totally destructive? Only at a certain level. What is the level...This is the discussion here. Come back when you actually have some points to make.
    Ah yes the big expert in Financial matters also is the big brain on the global warming.

So, I read the last 4 years are the hotest years on record.

The species of plants that grow faster with more CO2 are growing faster.

Species are dying out at a much greater rate than historically observed in earlier eras. Greenhouse gas? Probably not, but, loss of habitat? Yes.

Parts of the ice pack on the Antartic and Artic are falling into the oceans, ice that's been above water and attached to land or more ice for millenia.

Most of the scientists that agree with you besides being in the extreme minority are mostly paid by right wing/political entities that have an agenda outside of the truth.

What if you are right and we heavily restrict carbon burning for 50 years and than its found to be benign?

How about we go 50 years with a rapacious Trumpian model of consumption and we find out it has huge pernicious effects?

We can easily back off from the first choice, not so well on the 2nd.

I'm with the Prime Minister of India who says global warming is the biggest enemy we face, and a vast number of scientists. I'll take their word over rapacious money lenders any day. I'm against the filthy lying pig Trump Administration that has struck the phrase "global warming" from all government websites.

The entire world outside of the US believes in global warming. We have retrograde racist money grubbing pigs running the government at this point, what person of conscience could look at this with anything but fear and loathing?
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ah yes the big expert in Financial matters also is the big brain on the global warming.

Species are dying out at a much greater rate than historically observed in earlier eras. Greenhouse gas? Probably not, but, loss of habitat? Yes.

Parts of the ice pack on the Antartic and Artic are falling into the oceans, ice that's been above water and attached to land or more ice for millenia.

Most of the scientists that agree with you besides being in the extreme minority are mostly paid by right wing/political entities that have an agenda outside of the truth.

What if you are right and we heavily restrict carbon burning for 50 years and than its found to be benign?

How about we go 50 years with a rapacious Trumpian model of consumption and we find out it has huge pernicious effects?

I'm with the Prime Minister of India who says global warming is the biggest enemy we face, and a vast number of scientists. I'll take their word over rapacious money lenders any day. I'm against the filthy lying pig Trump Administration that has struck the phrase "global warming" from all government websites.

The entire world outside of the US believes in global warming. We have retrograde racist money grubbing pigs running the government at this point, what person of conscience could look at this with anything but fear and loathing?
    You're replying to him

City of Champions

Sources told Gerry Callahan of EEI (who's typically pro-Patriots, homer) that big changes/sparks are coming after this season. And it's not just losing the coordinators.

The RK/JK discussion with Andrea Kramer seems to corroborate the heart of the Wickersham story -- that ownership has given Brady the keys. Which is obviously not how Belichick runs his operation with veterans.

To me, there's no debate that industrialization has adversely impacted the environment. I mean, in my hometown a local manufacturing company was caught dumping chemicals in the local river -- which contaminated the wells of an entire neighborhood. Water people had been drinking for > 10 years.... People have ZERO idea of the ramifications. On a macro scale this stuff happens all time. Simply bowing the god of Growth won't fix that. Our ecosystem is just that -- a well-balanced, highly-complex system that human activity, the domination of civilization over nature, could seriously threaten. It would be gross negligence to ignore this.

But I also recognize that some contemporary environmentalism is infused with Marxist ideology. This is where I somewhat agree with climate change deniers: when a political side/faction is orientated towards ~ central planning on most issues, climate change seems to be more about the political/economic implications than the science. Frankly, the idea of Al Gore (a partisan politician) teaching the American public lessons in ecology makes me cringe. And it fuels the suspicions that climate science is an arm of politics (or perhaps even economics).

It sucks because the United States could curtail its CO2 emissions, but it will do little to nothing to limit that omitted by China or India. This issue is extraordinarily complex. But it's definitely an issue. Each natural disaster we're reminded that mankind hasn't yet mastered nature and that we're still at the mercy of the environment. I realize this every time the power goes off.
    Last edited by elements1985; 02-01-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    To me, there's no debate that industrialization has adversely impacted the environment. I mean, in my hometown a local manufacturing company was caught dumping chemicals in the local river -- which contaminated the wells of an entire neighborhood. Water people had been drinking for > 10 years.... On a macro scale this stuff happens all time. Simply bowing the god of Growth won't fix that. Our ecosystem is just that -- a well-balanced, highly-complex system that human activity, the domination of civilization over nature, could seriously threaten. It would be gross negligence to ignore this.

But I also recognize that some contemporary environmentalism is infused with Marxist ideology. This is where I somewhat agree with climate change deniers: when a political side/faction is orientated towards ~ central planning on most issues, climate change seems to be more about the political/economic implications than the science. Frankly, the idea of Al Gore (a partisan politician) teaching the American public lessons in ecology makes me cringe. And it fuels the suspicions that climate science is an arm of politics (or perhaps even economics).

It sucks because the United States could curtail its CO2 emissions, but it will do little to nothing to limit that omitted by China or India. This issue is extraordinarily complex. But it's definitely an issue. Each natural disaster we're reminded that mankind hasn't yet mastered nature and that we're still at the mercy of the environment. I realize this every time the power goes off.
    Enjoyed this read. Good post.

I'm of the general belief that the human race is essentially a virus to the earth. Like a virus, its host will do anything in its power to eradicate the virus when it starts to affect its health. So as the human race grows and throws off the balance of the earths complex environment, it will continue to "fight back" just as our own bodies would. In the same token, a virus can live within our bodies for long periods of time as long as it is not disruptive. Just as humans lived on earth for centuries without issue.

The issue with the "global warming" campaign, is that the government thinks they can control it, which they can't. They can limit a very small portion of our effect on the earth but it's not nearly enough to make a difference. The cost of that limited difference is very disruptive to our way of life. But the main issue (IMO) is simply the size of the human population. And the solution is one that most educated people would never support - including myself - and that is essentially euthanasia. That is the only way to make a large enough reduction in our impact. If you look at the human populations rise over time, it's undeniable when comparing to the measured affects on earth from human impact.

So here we are. There's no humane way to fix this. Do we kill ourselves off? Or do we let earth do our bidding. I'm for the latter.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 02-01-2018 at 10:23 AM.

City of Champions

Enjoyed this read. Good post.

I'm of the general belief that the human race is essentially a virus to the earth. Like a virus, its host will do anything in its power to eradicate the virus when it starts to affect its health. So as the human race grows and throws off the balance of the earths complex environment, it will continue to "fight back" just as our own bodies would. In the same token, a virus can live within our bodies for long periods of time as long as it is not disruptive. Just as humans lived on earth for centuries without issue.

The issue with the "global warming" campaign, is that the government thinks they can control it, which they can't. They can limit a very small portion of our effect on the earth but it's not nearly enough to make a difference. The cost of that limited difference is very disruptive to our way of life. But the main issue (IMO) is simply the size of the human population. And the solution is one that most educated people would never support - including myself - and that is essentially euthanasia. That is the only way to make a large enough reduction in our impact. If you look at the human populations rise over time, it's undeniable when comparing to the measured affects on earth from human impact.

So here we are. There's no humane way to fix this. Do we kill ourselves off? Or do we let earth do our bidding. I'm for the latter.
    Thanks.

Well, if the human race and its fruits (industry, capitalism) are a viruses to the earth, then government/governance is one of the few mechanisms to contain it. If not, what else is there? The credos of the market are grow, proliferate and expand. This is precisely the argument made by pro-environment/climate advocates when they conflate capitalism and environmental issues.

The pro-market view (and even pro-science, yes the pro-science; Nietzsche was right) falls back on the Biblical idea of the earth being for man. A completely different paradigm which prioritizes freedom and exploration over mere utility. Follow that virus idea to its logical conclusion and you end up in a nightmarish 1984 with individual liberties totally usurped -- a society where the ends totally justify the means. Which often just creates more warfare and therefore more destruction to the earth, as we saw in the 20th century.

I would argue we, humans, have the greater ability to manipulate and destroy the environment through our own conventions than other animals (nuclear weapons, etc). But not all plant and animal life lives harmoniously with the earth. Think of a beaver damn for example: it does good, yes, but also causes much destruction. Or what about predators that reduce prey populations and disrupt the food chain?

Ideology is a major driver in that outlook IMO.

I'm not Malthusian, but where many Democrats are wildly inconsistent is ignoring how much factors from free sex to social programs (not just for minorities but all) play a major role in population surging.... Population is highly complex with modern medicine/availability of foods, but those also play a role.
    Last edited by elements1985; 02-01-2018 at 01:21 PM.

It seems pretty clear from this vantage that there was a problem between these folks when it was reported. Might well have been inaccurate in some ways, but more correct than not.

Since 1966 I've missed about a dozen games on TV, radio, live. Won't stop watching now, but the sands in the BB/TB dynasty hourglass are running out - sooner than most think or hope.

I've argued like a maniac at times that TB is the goat, but TB would have been selling insurance by the time he was 26 if BB hadn't gotten hold of him. Kraft was wrong to give in to TB. BB is why we have 5 titles, TB was his intense student that was deployed to do it. But BB was the architect and overseer of all this. Shame on Kraft.

The 49'ers dealt Montana, the Colts dealt Unitas, etc.

I think of the line from the Eagles magnificent theme LP - Desperado for cases like this - "someone show me how to tell the dancer from the dance". TB the dancer, BB the dance. Kraft lacking nerve and taking the stupid and weak path.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 06-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.

It seems pretty clear from this vantage that there was a problem between these folks when it was reported. Might well have been inaccurate in some ways, but more correct than not.

Since 1966 I've missed about a dozen games on TV, radio, live. Won't stop watching now, but the sands in the BB/TB dynasty hourglass are running out - sooner than most think or hope.

I've argued like a maniac at times that TB is the goat, but TB would have been selling insurance by the time he was 26 if BB hadn't gotten hold of him. Kraft was wrong to give in to TB. BB is why we have 5 titles, TB was his intense student that was deployed to do it. But BB was the architect and overseer of all this. Shame on Kraft.

The 49'ers dealt Montana, the Colts dealt Unitas, etc.

I think of the line from the Eagles magnificent theme LP - Desperado for cases like this - "someone show me how to tell the dancer from the dance". TB the dancer, BB the dance. Kraft lacking nerve and taking the stupid and weak path.
    Yeah so much for this all being a giant media creation.

I've heard so many fans say that they'd take TB > BB over the last 6 months. That Brady revived Belichick's career. That BB would still be be a DC without TB. Yada yada yada.

My issue is how anyone with even below average intelligence didn't see this coming from a mile away. Tom Brady is out of control now.

Of all the so-called 'bad eggs' or malcontents in New England since '01 (Moss, Collins, Dillon, Seymour, Haynesworth), I think TB has a greater chance of doing more damage to the team than all of them -- combined. Especially because his behavior is deemed relatively 'benign. And justified on the basis of privilege, which is so anti-Patriots.

Shame on Kraft, I agree.

I think Brady is beginning to lose his mind:

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-ha...e-45-instagram

I was reading an older article on Kawhi Leonard, how he was driving his Chevy Tahoe from HS just after landing his ~94M extension. A low key, modest guy that prefers hanging with friends/inner circle.

The people who are private are actually private. Tom Brady is more or less becoming an actor now. The homely, great husband/dad is probably true to an extent (I root for family men). But it's becoming a schtick, IMO, and beginning to look very inauthentic.

If his play diminishes, this is going to get annoying very fast.

In the mean time, it's one big reality show now and we're all playing a part. Thanks Mr. Kraft.
    Last edited by elements1985; Yesterday at 08:25 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314