Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?
    oh ****, my bad. everyone else was talking about how that the thing didn't exist and thought you were one of them.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    I think most people outside NE and old enough to have seen Brady in his early years understands that without BB Brady never happens and may not have been drafted at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That makes no sense to me.

Here's his college stats:
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    1996 Michigan Big Ten QB 2 3 5 60.0 26 5.2 -3.8 0 1 63.7
    1997 Michigan Big Ten QB 4 12 15 80.0 103 6.9 6.9 0 0 137.7
    1998 Michigan Big Ten QB 12 200 323 61.9 2427 7.5 7.0 14 10 133.1
    1999 Michigan Big Ten QB 11 180 295 61.0 2217 7.5 7.7 16 6 138.0
    Career Michigan 395 638 61.9 4773 7.5 7.2 30 17 134.

He was listed as 6'5 195.....skinny, little muscle definition, not that great an arm, stats nothing special....what sense doesn't it make?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Here's his college stats:
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    1996 Michigan Big Ten QB 2 3 5 60.0 26 5.2 -3.8 0 1 63.7
    1997 Michigan Big Ten QB 4 12 15 80.0 103 6.9 6.9 0 0 137.7
    1998 Michigan Big Ten QB 12 200 323 61.9 2427 7.5 7.0 14 10 133.1
    1999 Michigan Big Ten QB 11 180 295 61.0 2217 7.5 7.7 16 6 138.0
    Career Michigan 395 638 61.9 4773 7.5 7.2 30 17 134.

He was listed as 6'5 195.....skinny, little muscle definition, not that great an arm, stats nothing special....what sense doesn't it make?
    He wasnít talking about college or atleast I didnít think he was. Brady after 2001 became very good and then great very fast. Also bill didnít find or scout Brady it was another guy on the patriots staff.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    That makes no sense to me.
    A guy picked #199 might not have been drafted. Not really a hard concept to understand.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    He wasnít talking about college or atleast I didnít think he was. Brady after 2001 became very good and then great very fast. Also bill didnít find or scout Brady it was another guy on the patriots staff.
    So your claim is Brady played in the NFL before being drafted?

If BB hadn't drafted Brady, it is possible Brady wouldn't have been drafted at all.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    I think most people outside NE and old enough to have seen Brady in his early years understands that without BB Brady never happens and may not have been drafted at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    None of us can say for sure what would have happened. BB has for sure helped Brady. But other 6th/7th round picks like Marc Bulger, Derek Anderson, Gus Frerotte, Matt Hasselbeck, etc. all got chances to start. And I don't think it's fair to attribute the entirety of Brady's success to developing under BB. I mean, the guy is arguably the GOAT. It's reasonable that even as a late round pick Brady would have gotten a chance to start somewhere else and considering how amazing he's become I don't think it's fair to assume he couldn't have thrived.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    None of us can say for sure what would have happened. BB has for sure helped Brady. But other 6th/7th round picks like Marc Bulger, Derek Anderson, Gus Frerotte, Matt Hasselbeck, etc. all got chances to start. And I don't think it's fair to attribute the entirety of Brady's success to developing under BB. I mean, the guy is arguably the GOAT. It's reasonable that even as a late round pick Brady would have gotten a chance to start somewhere else and considering how amazing he's become I don't think it's fair to assume he couldn't have thrived.
    I can see the argument though.

Imagine if a few "bounces" are different, do we really ever get to "Is Brady the GOAT"?

Bledsoe doesn't get hurt.
    Tuck Rule doesn't happen.
    Vinateri misses.
    Carrol isn't inept.
    Falcons aren't inept.

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I can see the argument though.

Imagine if a few "bounces" are different, do we really ever get to "Is Brady the GOAT"?

Bledsoe doesn't get hurt.
    Tuck Rule doesn't happen.
    Vinateri misses.
    Carrol isn't inept.
    Falcons aren't inept.
    On the flip side:

What if Tyree doesnít make one of the craziest catches in NFL, let alone SB, history?

What if Welker doesnít drop that ball?

Do we start talking about Brady being the most transcendent figure in sports history?

I just think itís easy to say what if to a lot of other things in all of those games that couldíve made the game not even come down to those things lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    On the flip side:

What if Tyree doesnít make one of the craziest catches in NFL, let alone SB, history?

What if Welker doesnít drop that ball?

Do we start talking about Brady being the most transcendent figure in sports history?

I just think itís easy to say what if to a lot of other things in all of those games that couldíve made the game not even come down to those things lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure it is, that'w why it's fun to talk about it. Brady has absolutely earned what he's received.

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

I'm note sure I believe Brady is the most transcendent figure in sports history...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm note sure I believe Brady is the most transcendent figure in sports history...
    Not even close. There are arguments to be made for both Ruth and Jordan depending how you value era of sport, performance vs peers, and marketing - but nobody else is even in the conversation. And certainly not Brady.

That said, he was suggesting if the Pats win those two Super Bowls over NY and Brady's got 7 rings instead of 5, does that change the conversation? The answer's still no, but that's what he was alluding to.

You can even go with Lebron.

Tiger, Ali, William sisters (Serena), Gretzky jackie robinson are athletes i'd definitely say are more so than brady

phelps, beckam, hawk iverson could all very well make a case.

Even if you want to make some arguments, I do not think there is any for 'most transcendent' over Ali, Ruth, and Jordon. Those would be the top 3 for me.

I'm agreeing with the fact even if he was 7-0 he wouldn't be the most transcendent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

people gonna REALLY be hatin' when they win the super bowl again this year
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    people gonna REALLY be hatin' when they win the super bowl again this year
    That might be the best chance of Brady/Belichick splitting up lol. Could see an outside chance at one of or both (more likely Brady) retiring if they win again. Outside chance.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast