Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 170
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It is crazy. I've heard a lot of conversation surrounding Curry's 'gravity'. I think that is the best for for it.

    This video displays it as best as I can imagine.
    https://gfycat.com/UnlinedWhisperedA...diseflycatcher

    This is an example. This doesn't happen every play. It is in part, bad defense and bad communication on the opposing team's part; however, Curry is so good that he creates these kinds of mistakes. He doesn't simply benefit from the mistakes; he generates them.

    Kerr said it best here:



    This is coming from a guy who has KD and Klay on his team, and who has played with Duncan and Jordan, and against Shaq.


    Shaq would have been AMAZING in a generation where so many guys can shoot .400 from the arc. His beast most in the paint would have opened things up for them, and his passing ability in the LAL onward part of his career would have utlilized the with amazing efficiency. The same could be said of Hakeem (I mean, look at what he did with guys shooting between .300-.350 from the arc).

    But the fact that Curry does this in reverse? Pulling them to the perimiter with his 'gravity'? It is just insane.


    I would have been curious to see Shaq and Curry on the same team... or if the Warriors has a slasher that cut the basket off the ball to get some crazy ally-oops, like maybe Griffin (though it'd work better with a guy who shoots the 3-ball well).

    Great post. nastynice.
    As far as your last point, I absolutely agree, I've made several fantasy matchup threads with a starting 5 of Curry/Klay/Durant/Green/Shaq

    The starting 5 i want to see more than any in history lol.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    Not to stir up the pot or anything but isn't cp3 too high on most these lists? You give curry 2 stars and he turns them into a dynasty you give chris paul 2 stars and they struggle to make it past the 2nd round, somethin about himm that just screams overrated to me, well it did happen in LA, he was on the big stage and lots of people over rated him because of it. People don't even take into account all the rest he gets, of course he's going to have better numbers if he's resting 30 percent of the time, lol. my 2 cents.

    IMO nash isn't getting much love, he turned PHX into one of the best offensive teams this league has ever seen and is a 2 time mvp and one of the most efficient player to ever shoot the ball. He could of easily avg over 25 ppg and shoot over 50percent from anywhere on the floor but thats the good thing, he actually liked passing the ball lol.

    Just a utter joke that cp3 is ahead of steve nash on every list, i'm about to vomit lol.
    I love everything about this post lol



    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    The stars cp3 played with were more suited for generations past. Griffin has a shaky jumper, and DJ has no jumper. In an era of stretch bigs and high volume shooting from distance it is a big draw back. OTOH, both guys are good rolling to the basket, as it is also a PNR league now too.
    Please stop.

    1. That team was assembled before the Warriors rose to greatness.

    2. This wasn't "an era of stretch bigs and high volume shooting from distance". That's barely a thing now, and stretch bigs weren't even a conversation like they are now until that Clippers team had several seasons together. And it's only a different style of play, and only the Warriors are truly effective at that kind of floor spreading. The only reason we haven't seen bigs dominating lately...is because we are coming out of a weak center era. Traditional power forwards and centers can still dominate with shooter guards etc and the ball movement can still be there, if the players are defensively capable of handling the matchups and zones.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    On a side note, when I address most these lists, why is it people insert - best new pg in the new era on top of every list, seems a bit homerish to me , as if you don't know your basketball. You can't take away what players in the past have done just because they wouldn't be good in this era and also vice versa! too many new age cats on this forum i'm about to bounce, lol. anywho good morning all....
    If this is about curry, there is plenty of evidence to show that he already deserves that second spot. It's not a disrespect to players of the past. I'm big on acknowledging them. He's just that great.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    LeBron has been his team's floor general all but one of his seasons in the NBA, so I'm counting him. Deal with it
    I know that's exactly why you listed him and it's not allowed. This isn't about who you think is a better floor general for their team, it's about who is a better PG at the actual position.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28,903
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Please stop.

    1. That team was assembled before the Warriors rose to greatness.

    2. This wasn't "an era of stretch bigs and high volume shooting from distance". That's barely a thing now, and stretch bigs weren't even a conversation like they are now until that Clippers team had several seasons together. And it's only a different style of play, and only the Warriors are truly effective at that kind of floor spreading. The only reason we haven't seen bigs dominating lately...is because we are coming out of a weak center era. Traditional power forwards and centers can still dominate with shooter guards etc and the ball movement can still be there, if the players are defensively capable of handling the matchups and zones.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    You're missing the point. Curry's supporting cast in his career is superior in pretty much every possible way to the guy's that Paul has played with. That's why team success isn't really a fair barometer to use between the two of them, especially when Paul's postseason numbers are so much better and Curry was such a no-show in the playoffs up until last season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,724
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You're missing the point. Curry's supporting cast in his career is superior in pretty much every possible way to the guy's that Paul has played with. That's why team success isn't really a fair barometer to use between the two of them, especially when Paul's postseason numbers are so much better and Curry was such a no-show in the playoffs up until last season.
    I really don't think it's a question as to why Curry put up better numbers last year. When you have the greatest team ever assembled you can't focus on Curry like before and that kind of playoff pressure obviously bothers Curry. But when you add Durant to the mix it totally changes things.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,713
    Lebron
    Zeke
    Oscar
    Magic
    Iverson

    Frazier
    Archibald
    K Johnson
    Payton
    Kidd
    CP3
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 01-07-2018 at 08:26 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You're missing the point. Curry's supporting cast in his career is superior in pretty much every possible way to the guy's that Paul has played with. That's why team success isn't really a fair barometer to use between the two of them, especially when Paul's postseason numbers are so much better and Curry was such a no-show in the playoffs up until last season.
    I agree with that.

    I just hate the lazy "league changed, only way you can win is stretch bigs and 3 point shooting" attitude. It makes me go on a rant every time. ONE team has been successful with that formula. Enough with the blanket statement myths.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    29,965
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I really don't think it's a question as to why Curry put up better numbers last year. When you have the greatest team ever assembled you can't focus on Curry like before and that kind of playoff pressure obviously bothers Curry. But when you add Durant to the mix it totally changes things.
    He’s really good in a blow out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28,903
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I agree with that.

    I just hate the lazy "league changed, only way you can win is stretch bigs and 3 point shooting" attitude. It makes me go on a rant every time. ONE team has been successful with that formula. Enough with the blanket statement myths.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Mmm... Agree to disagree on this. Have there been other really good teams in the last decade that have been successful without loading up on 3-pointers and stretching the floor with 3-point shooting bigs? Sure. But if we're talking recent history, most of the teams that have won it all or are consistently at the top of the standings have done so by stretching the floor and lighting it up from deep.

    Last year, four of the top 5 teams—Golden State, Cleveland, Houston and Boston—in the league were literally the top four teams in the entire NBA in 3-pointers made. All four of those teams are still in the top six this year, and Toronto's eighth. In 2015-16, the top two teams in 3-pointers made were Cleveland and Golden State. The year before that, Golden State and Cleveland were 2nd and 4th, respectively. This isn't a coincidence.

    Sure, San Antonio is consistently the outlier here, but I think they're the exception to the rule at this point, not the norm. If this era has taught us anything, it's that the 3-point shot is worth more than the 2, and the more shooters you have a roster, the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28,903
    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Lebron
    Zeke
    Oscar
    Magic
    Iverson

    Frazier
    Archibald
    K Johnson
    Payton
    Wow. You'd put Tiny and KJ over Nash, Kidd, Paul and Curry? Also, Lebron is not a PG, and most people would consider Iverson more of a 2-guard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,139
    Curry has done enough and been lucky enough to have 2 rings (that counts like 2-3 extra seasons in terms of comparing longevity imo) to be in tier 1, tho that might just be me projecting the rest of this year with him stamping his name as the games best, which is all he's missing to move up and create his own tier.
    Magic, Oscar n Curry are clearly tier 1 any way you slice it except for longevity whores.

    After that, much of this depends on roster composition as there is so much diversity at the top. More than any other position, opposing matchups and teammates influence their effectiveness.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    Not to stir up the pot or anything but isn't cp3 too high on most these lists? You give curry 2 stars and he turns them into a dynasty you give chris paul 2 stars and they struggle to make it past the 2nd round, somethin about himm that just screams overrated to me, well it did happen in LA, he was on the big stage and lots of people over rated him because of it. People don't even take into account all the rest he gets, of course he's going to have better numbers if he's resting 30 percent of the time, lol. my 2 cents.

    IMO nash isn't getting much love, he turned PHX into one of the best offensive teams this league has ever seen and is a 2 time mvp and one of the most efficient player to ever shoot the ball. He could of easily avg over 25 ppg and shoot over 50percent from anywhere on the floor but thats the good thing, he actually liked passing the ball lol.

    Just a utter joke that cp3 is ahead of steve nash on every list, i'm about to vomit lol.
    What 2 stars? Both players have always lost to superior teams. CP3 overachieved on the big stage.

    Nash rested and never put up the individual numbers despite playing in far more modernized offenses so what's with the fake news?

    Nash is prolly underrated but CP3 was definitely better in my book, just more efficient on both ends. Cp3 is in that Stockton conversation to me.

    Consider that this is the first year cp3 has ever played in a D Antoni styled offense, he's old af and somehow crushing it more than last year. Poor CP3 never had that kind of spacing or support in lac. Nash never beat the spurs, wtf do I care that it happened in r1 when it was CLEARLY a conference finals type of affair, so evident was this that they made sure to correct the rule so that such a matchup never happens again.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I really don't think it's a question as to why Curry put up better numbers last year. When you have the greatest team ever assembled you can't focus on Curry like before and that kind of playoff pressure obviously bothers Curry. But when you add Durant to the mix it totally changes things.
    Pretty much this. He turns into a complete shell of himself when he's pressured to win at the highest level. But with how ridiculous GS is, he can just play it off like it's a regular season game and excel with no pressure

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •