View Poll Results: Who Ya Got

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • '08 Lions

3 30.00%
  • '17 Browns

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'08 Lions vs. '17 Browns in 1 Game Playoff- Who Ya Got?!

Figured this could be an interesting discussion. So assume the 08 Lions are playing the 17 Browns in a 1 game playoff. If the game goes into OT, it is under playoff rules meaning that a Tie is not possible. So someone has to win.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/cle/2017.htm
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/det/2008.htm

Random stats:

08 Lions allowed 107 more points than the Browns did
    Browns played 7 "competitive games (games lost by single digits); Lions played in 6; Lions actually had a string of 4 consecutive games losing by under 9 pts
    QB's you can pick from
    Browns:
    Kizer
    Hogan
    Kessler

Lions:
    Orvlosky
    Culpepper
    Kitna
    Stanton

Top 2 leading receivers:

Browns:
    Duke Johnson (693)
    Seth Devalve (395)

Lions:
    Megatron (1331)
    Shaun McDonald (332)

Rushing:
    Browns:
    Crowell: 852/4.1
    Kizer: 419/5.4

Lions:
    Kevin Smith 976 (4.1)
    Ruuuuuuuuuuudi Johnson 237 (3.1)

Sacks:
    Lions:
    Dewyane White (6.5)
    Cliff Avril (5.0)
    Team Total: 30

Browns:
    Myles Garrett (7.0)
    James Burgess (4.0)
    Team Total 34.00

Total Touchdons scored and allowed:
    Lions: 29/63
    Browns: 27/48

Browns easy.

That Detroit team was pathetic.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

lions were worse, but honestly there's some 1 and 2 win teams that were worse than both.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    lions were worse, but honestly there's some 1 and 2 win teams that were worse than both.
    Oh for sure.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Like the Colts team without Peyton?

I'll take the Lions. They came close to beating some good teams and just seemed to shoot themselves in the foot.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll take the Lions. They came close to beating some good teams and just seemed to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Detroit had a point differential of -249 vs the Browns -176. per PFR Detroit did have a little harder schedule than the Browns though.

Browns had a few close games this year too
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I feel like if they throw only to megatron, detroit can win. The browns don't have a player that could break open a game. On either side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Josh Gordon says hi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Gordon is good. But he's not megatron good.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I feel like if they throw only to megatron, detroit can win. The browns don't have a player that could break open a game. On either side of the ball.
    Josh Gordon says hi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Detroit had a point differential of -249 vs the Browns -176. per PFR Detroit did have a little harder schedule than the Browns though.

Browns had a few close games this year too
    I must be forgetting it I guess, I thought they were competitive most games.

But yeah, they had a brutal schedule AFCS (2 12+ win teams), NFCS (4th place Saints were 8-8), their own tough division, and their other two games were. 500 opponents. For a bad team that's rough. They played only 3 games against teams with a losing record and 2 of those were against the 6-10 Packers.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Browns easy.

That Detroit team was pathetic.
    This. The Lions were so bad that it was comical at times.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I must be forgetting it I guess, I thought they were competitive most games.

But yeah, they had a brutal schedule AFCS (2 12+ win teams), NFCS (4th place Saints were 8-8), their own tough division, and their other two games were. 500 opponents. For a bad team that's rough. They played only 3 games against teams with a losing record and 2 of those were against the 6-10 Packers.
    The Lions had such a crappy team though. Their QB play was garbage and inconsistent. Calvin Johnson was in his 2nd year and was their lone bright spot on the team, not just the offense. Their best player on d was probably rookie clint avril and maybe ernie sims. That's also the year they traded Roy Williams to Dallas so they were down a decent weapon.

I just looked up a decent amount of their defenders. Over half of their defenders with the most snaps were out of the league a year or two later, a lot 2008 was their last season. that's crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Don't know about the '08 Lions, but the Browns dealt with quite a bit of injuries to some of our better players this year too (Garrett, Collins, Ogbah, Shelton, Boddy Calhoun, McCourty, Joe Thomas, Corey Coleman, not to mention Gordon missing most of the year).
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Josh Gordon says hi
    2013 Josh Gordon? 2017 Josh Gordon was far from a game breaker this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast