Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 thread

Tonight or this morning, depending on where you are is the wrestlemania of NJPW. I think their is alot more interest in North America because of Chris Jericho being involved. AXS TV is showing the replay Saturday night at 8 PM EST and then again at 11 PM EST.

Here is the card

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match

The Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3K

Gauntlet Match for the NEVER Openweight 6-man tag-team Championship

Togi Makabe, Ryu Tahuchi, and Juice Robinson (C.J. Parker) vs Taichi, Takashi Lizuka, and Zach Sabre Jr. vs Raymond Rowe, Hanson and Michael Elgin, vs Toru Yano, Trent Beretta, and Tomohro Ishii vs Bad Luck Fale, Tama Loa, and Tama Tonga

Kota Ibushi vs Cody

IWGP Tag-Team Championship Match

Sanada and Evil vs Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr. (DH Smith)

Hair vs Hair and NEVER Openweight Championship Match

Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki

Fatal Four-Way Match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida vs Marty Scurll

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match

Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

No Disqualification Match for the IWGP U.S. Championship

Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match

Tetsuya Naito vs Kazuchika Okada
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Iíll probably watch the AXS viewing on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That finisher is disgusting. Never seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That finisher is disgusting. Never seen it before.
    Which one?

It was a tremendous show. Easily better than anything wwe will do this year

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Which one?
    Omega. I never saw it before. I never even seen him wrestle much outside of a parts of videos here and there on Youtube and he wasn't even the wrestlers I was searching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Omega. I never saw it before. I never even seen him wrestle much outside of a parts of videos here and there on Youtube and he wasn't even the wrestlers I was searching up.
    Oh cool, the one winged angel. He has a fun moveset, lots of knees to the head.

I was dozing off during the Cody/Ibushi match but I liked what I saw from it. That crossrhodes off the apron was crazy.

I woke up this morning and watched the Omega/Y2J match and it lived up. Jericho's best match in ages. That was the first Omega match I've watched, and I was impressed. I might watch the main event sometime soon.

Yeah Omega is legit. HHH needs to sign him ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

So New Year's Dash was last night/this morning for us and it's basically the New Japan's version of the night after Wrestlemania and it's usually the set up to the next big storylines and this years was really good.

Jericho is not done with NJPW as he attacked Naito and it looks like they are having a match soon.

Cody wanted to attack Kota Ibushi with a chair in revenge for the loss last night and Kenny Omega saved him (Kota and Kenny was best friends and tag team partners several years ago). So there's cracks in the Bullet Club between Kenny and Cody, Kenny asserted that he was the leader and Cody stormed off to the back.

Then Kenny offered Jay White a spot in Bullet Club and Jay faked joining but then hit Kenny with his finisher (sister abigail) and said he was coming after Kenny's US title.

So we have some big matches set for the future with

Jericho vs Naito

Kota vs Cody rematch

Jay White vs Kenny Omega

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Fun fact: the shortest match of that show was longer than almost all matches in WWE and thatís giving them credit for the multi man shows like Survivor Series. I think the shortest match at this show was 17 minutes.

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I watched again on AXS-TV last night, I have to say, JR is slipping a bit on the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Yeah Omega is legit. HHH needs to sign him ASAP.
    I am torn on this. I absolutely love Kenny Omega (first saw him on Candice/Joey show on youtube) and I think he would be a legitimate superstar for wwe. Problem is, VKM did not create Kenny Omega, and thus will not treat him as such. Omega is way too good, too big of a name to go to NXT, and yet like Finn Balor he would get lost in the shuffle because he is not "big enough". Omega is good enough to headline Wrestlemania, but OTOH, Vince will kill everything that make Omega cool. So, I want Omega to stay away from WWE at all costs, and it sounds like he prefers NJPW over WWE, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Yep. Really like Jericho/Omega match but felt let it told an incomplete story. It's like watching "SW: New Hope", and then no other Star Wars was made. Okada/Naito was the match of the night, for me. My gawd, Okada has a better drop kick then Dolph Ziggler.

WK12 will be better than anything the WWE main roster PPV will do this year, and thus I will not be purchasing any WWE PPV this year. I might purchase a Takeover Special, but PPV is a no go for me.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I am torn on this. I absolutely love Kenny Omega (first saw him on Candice/Joey show on youtube) and I think he would be a legitimate superstar for wwe. Problem is, VKM did not create Kenny Omega, and thus will not treat him as such. Omega is way too good, too big of a name to go to NXT, and yet like Finn Balor he would get lost in the shuffle because he is not "big enough". Omega is good enough to headline Wrestlemania, but OTOH, Vince will kill everything that make Omega cool. So, I want Omega to stay away from WWE at all costs, and it sounds like he prefers NJPW over WWE, anyways.

Yep. Really like Jericho/Omega match but felt let it told an incomplete story. It's like watching "SW: New Hope", and then no other Star Wars was made. Okada/Naito was the match of the night, for me. My gawd, Okada has a better drop kick then Dolph Ziggler.

WK12 will be better than anything the WWE main roster PPV will do this year, and thus I will not be purchasing any WWE PPV this year. I might purchase a Takeover Special, but PPV is a no go for me.
    Honestly 75 percent of the roster is being held back. Itís a fine line. I wanna see more of guys like omega Okada the bucks Scurll and honestly most of the indie guys but wwe waters every one down. If only hhh had full control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast