Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

1/3: Spurs @ 76ers

January 3rd, 2017
    7:00PM EST
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

2 Big road wins for the Sixers last week. Got a stretch of 4 home games starting tonight against the Spurs. No Embiid tonight dealing with the hand injury. Gonna be tough against a tough Spurs team. Saric continuing to play well. It will be great if this team can pull off the upset tonight. Simmons coming off a great 4th quarter performance against the Suns looking to stay hot. No Embiid tonight but we got a win against the Nuggets last week with no Embiid and Simmons only scoring 6 points. I know the Nuggets are not the Spurs, but if this team finds a way to win tonight, it'll be great for their confidence.

Last edited by Sixers3Fan; 01-03-2018 at 05:26 PM.

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

good work, was about to make a thread.

i dont think Embiid has been officially ruled out by last i saw he wasnt expected to play, nor is Fultz. Pretty sure Leonard and Parker are out for the Spurs especially after seeing the line moved us to 2 point faves. We are currently on a 12 game/6 year losing streak to the Spurs and i saw that we have only led a total 7 mins in the 4th Q's combined lol. Ill be thrilled if we pull this one out and it would be nice to keep building on the little bit of momentum we have with the Pistons coming in next who we have owned so far.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    good work, was about to make a thread.

i dont think Embiid has been officially ruled out by last i saw he wasnt expected to play, nor is Fultz. Pretty sure Leonard and Parker are out for the Spurs especially after seeing the line moved us to 2 point faves. We are currently on a 12 game/6 year losing streak to the Spurs and i saw that we have only led a total 7 mins in the 4th Q's combined lol. Ill be thrilled if we pull this one out and it would be nice to keep building on the little bit of momentum we have with the Pistons coming in next who we have owned so far.
    Thanks...sorry I did the last 2 games. Sorry if I took it away from whoever was doing it. I don't mind doing it if that's ok. As for Embiid, he's doubtful and not officially listed as "out" like you said but we all know he's not gonna play. Hopefully he's back by Friday because then we are off until next Thursday.

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

There are several spurs out. So we got a chance.
    Hopefully Simmons keeps up with his aggression late in games.

Embiid now playing. Wow

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Great first half. Embiid doing a little bit of everything. Simmons being very aggressive that half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Great game.

Brett is such a nice dude i hope he keeps coaching a good game. I'd rather have him around than not but we gotta keep playing good basketball.

Ben playing more aggressively and it makes us a lot better. He needs to play like that every game.

Aggressive Ben Simmons is my favorite Ben Simmons.

The effort Ben showed from the start was great. Getting to the basket and aggressive defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

its insanely frustrating blowing these leads but its also nice to see the team hold it together and close it back out, thats good progress. I like Simmons aggression late in the game, he has seemed to got his confidence back but man he needs to do better from the line, like what do we do come playoff time if hes still a liability? But im not gonna focus too much on the negatives just yet. Feels good to be on a win streak again. We moved ahead of the Knicks for 9th and are now just .5 behind Indy for 8th and 3.5 behind the Wiz for 4th. Big game tomorrow vs the Pistons
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Didnít post last night so as not to jinx the team into blowing the lead when they were playing well. Well they blew the lead, but still won anyway. Was really happy with what I saw from Simmons and Embiid toughing it out like that. And give credit to Brett.

Itís hard to keep up an early lead over the Spurs wire to wire. Up 12 or so on anyone in the 3rd quarter is not much in the NBA. It didnít have the feel of us just blowing another game and playing so poorly. It was early enough that it always felt like the Spurs would claw their way back. Even though they werenít playing certain guys, itís still Popovich, itís still LaMarcus Aldridge. Theyíre always a tough team to outplay. That was a good win IMO.

Very good win. I didnít even notice the comeback in real time.