Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 89
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It has... do you not remember the first time LeBron went against the Cavs? Sure he put up pretty raw stats, but he was really inefficient because he was gassed. That isn't to say "he couldn't walk"... but that is to say when one is physically pushed to the limits, your shot suffers. You don't have to be a physical beast like LeBron to know this... Anyone who has played competitively (or even recreationally at the park) knows you aren't going to be as efficient when you've exerted yourself passed a certain point.
    I'm not talking 1 game. I'm talking over the course of a series you have a day or 2 off between each game. If you're telling me what he did in previous rounds slowed him down in the finals why has it never happened any other time?
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You're right... Wade didn't show up which required LeBron to play over 45 minutes/game in the WCF. At least we are getting somewhere now.
    So did Wade carry the round before the ECF against the Celtics when he averaged 30-7-5-2-1? LeBron just didn't show up in the 4th in the Finals. The moment was too big for him there.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Which therefore means LeBron choked because Marion shouldn't be able to hold his dick
    Wade was hot offensively in the Finals... we both agree here. He had a 30+% usage, Bosh had a 25+% usage, and strangely enough, LeBron had a 22% usage. I have no idea why Bosh's usage was so high when he was extremely inefficient (less than .500 TS%), but I do understand why LeBron let Wade take over in the Finals.

    Wade was given the title by the refs in 2006 (I know you won't like this statement lol), he was FMVP (how could he not when there is video documentation of phantom foul calls on youtube and a ref explicitly stating there were crooked refs who would place bets on games including the 2006 Finals)... Wade was hot... By this time, LeBron had played 45+ minutes in the ECF and almost all of the first 3 quarters in the Finals as well... Come 4th quarter, it would be absurd for LeBron to be like, "No, even though you're lighting it up Wade, I'm going to take over..." Wade coming alive in the Finals was too little too late for "the HEAT". He was hot, but not hot enough to beat out the Mavericks. If I sent you 1 frame of the movie "Schindler's List" where Schindler is smiling at a little Jewish girl... you can't say "Oh look, it's a happy movie!" You're doing exactly that by ignoring all other variables as to why Miami lost and pinning it all on LeBron.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So did Wade carry the round before the ECF against the Celtics when he averaged 30-7-5-2-1? LeBron just didn't show up in the 4th in the Finals. The moment was too big for him there.
    Using your logic, Wade didn't show up in the 4th either... You either win or lose right? It doesn't matter that Wade averaged 26.5 points per game because he and his team lost... "No, they lost because..." So now you'll want to look at one aspect in context which does have some validity, that "LeBron disappeared in the 4th" but ignore all other criticisms because it would mean putting fault on Wade... Come on.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I'm not talking 1 game. I'm talking over the course of a series you have a day or 2 off between each game. If you're telling me what he did in previous rounds slowed him down in the finals why has it never happened any other time?
    I just pointed out where it has slowed him down. If you recall, he lost a little bit of weight as well because he wanted to be as agile with less impact on his body. Trust me, I hate making excuses for LeBron... He's not even in my top 50 favorite players of all time... but I won't let that ruin my objectivity.

    As for the 1 or 2 days off... I've never been a professional athlete, but I can tell you that isn't enough to recuperate when you play that high of a level day in and day out.

    LeBron has blame in this, but so does Wade and Bosh and the rest of the Heat. Personally, I blame Dirk for the outcome of 2011 more than I do LeBron or Wade.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    LeBron was 7/21 in the 4th for a total of 18 points.

    Also Wade was the best player in the series by a decent margin.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-vs-heat.html

    You may be the firs person I've ever seen that says LeBron didn't choke. 2006 Wade was a god and no one on the Mavs could come close to staying in front of him so they had to foul. Never disrespect a GOAT in such a manner!
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I just pointed out where it has slowed him down. If you recall, he lost a little bit of weight as well because he wanted to be as agile with less impact on his body. Trust me, I hate making excuses for LeBron... He's not even in my top 50 favorite players of all time... but I won't let that ruin my objectivity.

    As for the 1 or 2 days off... I've never been a professional athlete, but I can tell you that isn't enough to recuperate when you play that high of a level day in and day out.

    LeBron has blame in this, but so does Wade and Bosh and the rest of the Heat. Personally, I blame Dirk for the outcome of 2011 more than I do LeBron or Wade.
    He's my 2nd favorite player and he was *** lol! If he even plays decent in the 4th the Heat win. Wade couldn't outdo Dirk/Terry/Marion/Tyson/Kidd in the 4th on his own.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    LeBron was 7/21 in the 4th for a total of 18 points.

    Also Wade was the best player in the series by a decent margin.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-vs-heat.html

    You may be the firs person I've ever seen that says LeBron didn't choke. 2006 Wade was a god and no one on the Mavs could come close to staying in front of him so they had to foul. Never disrespect a GOAT in such a manner!
    When I think of choke, I think of someone who plays terribly when they normally dominate. LeBron didn't play terribly, but he did under-perform for sure. He wasn't the only one to under-perform though... We can't ignore context.

    No disrespect to Wade... He didn't make the refs place bets on the game, or get the ref who blew the whistle thrown in jail, or make himself the cover of the NBA 06'... He did what worked much like James Harden does what works for him (throwing head back at slightest contact). I'm just calling a spade a spade though. :P
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He's my 2nd favorite player and he was *** lol! If he even plays decent in the 4th the Heat win. Wade couldn't outdo Dirk/Terry/Marion/Tyson/Kidd in the 4th on his own.
    Maybe... maybe not... did you watch the video of the 15 point comeback win? That has a lot more to do than LeBron not making a shot. Miami couldn't stop the Mavericks defensively.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Maybe... maybe not... did you watch the video of the 15 point comeback win? That has a lot more to do than LeBron not making a shot. Miami couldn't stop the Mavericks defensively.
    Yea I remember that game like it was yesterday, I was livid lol! If LeBron had even been average in the 4th I wouldn't say he choked but the dude was a complete no show. Just like Wade sucked in the 2014 finals. He may have been on about half a leg but he still sucked, no excuses. LeBron didn't step up to the plate when Wade needed an extra scoring punch from anyone else in the 4th.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,901
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So those 6 extra games just really did their number on an athletic freak like LeBron and it only hit him in the 4th quarter. He clearly choked, Stone Age or not. He definitely made up for it the next 2 years where he carried an even bigger load but he choked in 2011 and that's a fact.
    So credit wise. 100% choke 0% defensive scheme?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,901
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Yea I remember that game like it was yesterday, I was livid lol! If LeBron had even been average in the 4th I wouldn't say he choked but the dude was a complete no show. Just like Wade sucked in the 2014 finals. He may have been on about half a leg but he still sucked, no excuses. LeBron didn't step up to the plate when Wade needed an extra scoring punch from anyone else in the 4th.
    Nothing like wade imo. LeBron could've hit the same zero shots (btw he wasn't a compete zero, he was still setting guys up, playing decent defense and deffering to wade) and they should have won. Guess wade can't carry

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,901
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    LeBron was 7/21 in the 4th for a total of 18 points.

    Also Wade was the best player in the series by a decent margin.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-vs-heat.html

    You may be the firs person I've ever seen that says LeBron didn't choke. 2006 Wade was a god and no one on the Mavs could come close to staying in front of him so they had to foul. Never disrespect a GOAT in such a manner!
    Wade was afforded many benefits because of Bron tho. Like do we neglect the fact that the Mavs threw their best defenders and shaded their zone towards Bron, which allowed wade to take advantage before his usual run of injuries?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    42,901
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    LeBron was 7/21 in the 4th for a total of 18 points.

    Also Wade was the best player in the series by a decent margin.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s-vs-heat.html

    You may be the firs person I've ever seen that says LeBron didn't choke. 2006 Wade was a god and no one on the Mavs could come close to staying in front of him so they had to foul. Never disrespect a GOAT in such a manner!
    He was, but imagine deffering to him more and more and outta no where, injured and never the same again

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nothing like wade imo. LeBron could've hit the same zero shots (btw he wasn't a compete zero, he was still setting guys up, playing decent defense and deffering to wade) and they should have won. Guess wade can't carry
    He carried in 06 for the 2nd greatest finals performance ever behind LeBron in 2016. Prime LeBron should not be shut down the way he was in the 4th regardless of any scheme.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •