Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Look at LeBrons 4th quarter numbers and tell me again he didn't choke lmao! What you did in the previous rounds doesn't matter if you don't get it done in the end. I don't see how what he did in previous rounds is an excuse.
    The 4th quarter numbers are kind of why I felt how I did at the time considering that's when the free flowing points are harder to get.

Of course the load you carried all year matters. Agree to disagree because I don't think that's where sports science is going but feel free to live in the stone age where all that matters is what you perceive

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The 4th quarter numbers are kind of why I felt how I did at the time considering that's when the free flowing points are harder to get.

Of course the load you carried all year matters. Agree to disagree because I don't think that's where sports science is going but feel free to live in the stone age where all that matters is what you perceive
    So those 6 extra games just really did their number on an athletic freak like LeBron and it only hit him in the 4th quarter. He clearly choked, Stone Age or not. He definitely made up for it the next 2 years where he carried an even bigger load but he choked in 2011 and that's a fact.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Look at LeBrons 4th quarter numbers and tell me again he didn't choke lmao! What you did in the previous rounds doesn't matter if you don't get it done in the end. I don't see how what he did in previous rounds is an excuse.
    If it weren't for LeBron playing better/on par with his typical self prior to the Finals, Miami never would have even made it to the Finals... It absolutely matters that Wade didn't show up until the Finals... It brings context as to why LeBron was a bit gassed... You actually prove the point I'm making by bringing attention to LeBron's 4th quarter output. For 3 quarters he was great, but come the 4th quarter, he was gassed... not just from the game, but the workload he took on himself in getting Miami to the finals.

Also, it's not choking if the opposing team has a superstar who was playing the best basketball of his entire career (and the world) for 2 months, a superior coach, a superior (yet significantly less talented) team fit, etc... Did LeBron disappoint? Absolutely! Did he choke? Absolutely not...

I just don't understand why everyone craps on LeBron but then gives Wade a pass for not showing up prior to the finals (he sacrificed his defense to get more offense).

Wade WCF: TS% .498, 20% from 3, 18.8 ppg, 6.4 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 4 turnovers/game in a little less than 40 minutes per game. People considered Wade a top 5 player in the NBA in 2011... That isn't top 5 production.

LeBron WCF: TS% .569, 39% from 3, 25.8 ppg, 7.8 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 3.6 turnovers/game in 45.2 minutes per game.

LeBron averaged less than 3 minutes of rest per game while playing great defense and producing great offensive numbers. Once again, you don't get to the finals unless you WIN the previous rounds first... Miami managed LeBron and his minutes unwisely... We can't fault LeBron for being human and being gassed, we need to fault the coach/players who didn't show up that required LeBron to exert himself to compensate.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Also, I remember in one game, the Mavericks were down by 15 points with 5 or so minutes left in the game. Perhaps LeBron should have made some shots... he DOES deserve some blame (but he didn't choke)... but how can anyone blame LeBron for a 15+ point swing in 5 damn minutes? That is a lack of team defense... mixed with the Mavericks just being incredibly hot. If I remember correctly, Dirk was ultra clutch that series even if his overall offensive production took a dip in comparison to the previous rounds. The Mavericks were known as the "comeback boys" that year. They had the most 10+ point differential comeback wins in the regular season and that has nothing to do with LeBron... Veterans are a lot better at closing games out, simple fact. Context matters.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 01-10-2018 at 05:06 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

So those 6 extra games just really did their number on an athletic freak like LeBron and it only hit him in the 4th quarter. He clearly choked, Stone Age or not. He definitely made up for it the next 2 years where he carried an even bigger load but he choked in 2011 and that's a fact.
    Yes... that along with all the other contextual variables you aren't reading...

San Antonio Spurs

You'll see the 15 point differential with 6 minutes left and which players on Miami either slept defensively or played adequate defense but the Mavericks were red hot. This is the biggest point differential with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter that I've ever seen a team comeback from in the playoffs (maybe even regular season). This isn't all on LeBron James...
    Last edited by Redrum187; 01-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Lmao this is comical! You either don't show up or you do, he didn't show up.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

If LeBron was too gassed then why hasn't this been an issue at literally any other point of his career?

If LeBron was too gassed then why hasn't this been an issue at literally any other point of his career?
    It has... do you not remember the first time LeBron went against the Cavs? Sure he put up pretty raw stats, but he was really inefficient because he was gassed. That isn't to say "he couldn't walk"... but that is to say when one is physically pushed to the limits, your shot suffers. You don't have to be a physical beast like LeBron to know this... Anyone who has played competitively (or even recreationally at the park) knows you aren't going to be as efficient when you've exerted yourself passed a certain point.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    JET wasn't an all-star but he played like an all-star for sure. Let's not forget how great he was.
    I agree JET was awesome but like I said was not an all star. Winning a title with only one 2nd team all star is very impressive.

Wade was the best player in the 2011 NBA finals.
    He was close but wasn’t better than Dirk in those Finals.

Lmao this is comical! You either don't show up or you do, he didn't show up.
    You're right... Wade didn't show up which required LeBron to play over 45 minutes/game in the WCF. At least we are getting somewhere now.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Nah, LeBron choked. That's the only reason Mavs won. I would say otherwise because it would make it better for LeBron but he hesistated on every shot, refused to score, didn't look like he wanted to play, and didn't make an effort the way he did vs Bulls/Celtics. Not really sure what there is to debate. Dirk wasn't all that great in that Finals. If LeBron would have played the way he did vs Bulls or Celtics, he would be a 4x Champion. It's the only blemish in his career as far as I am concerned. I mean, when you can't even post up or take advantage of a smaller defender in Terry/J.J. Barea and you are LeBron's size, then you are choking.
    Labron actually got handled by Shawn Marion. Marion played probably the best defense of his career in that Finals.

Again, Shawn Marion put the clamps down on Labron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Again, Shawn Marion put the clamps down on Labron.
    Which therefore means LeBron choked because Marion shouldn't be able to stop him. Let's not forget JJ Barea on LeBron either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast