Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Grudens staff

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts:32078275
    null
    Under KNJ we had a really good red zone defense too. Cin was ranked 6th and we were 9th. As for Guenther compared to KNJ. Both run 4-3 with soft zone (you know the CBs 10 yrds off), neither blitz a lot, Guenther wants pressure from the front 4 with LBs to stay in zone. Talking with Bengals fans they hated Guenther and are happy to see him go. What worked for our team under Pagano was a lot of press mixed with an array of blitzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    Under KNJ we had a really good red zone defense too. Cin was ranked 6th and we were 9th. As for Guenther compared to KNJ. Both run 4-3 with soft zone (you know the CBs 10 yrds off), neither blitz a lot, Guenther wants pressure from the front 4 with LBs to stay in zone. Talking with Bengals fans they hated Guenther and are happy to see him go. What worked for our team under Pagano was a lot of press mixed with an array of blitzes.
    And this is what concerns me. I know our defense was beat up badly against Rivers but what has the the Bengals defense don't to warrant Guenther so bad? I just want a defense that is innovative, creative and blitzes a lot, creating turnovers. I'm sick of seeing running backs wide open in the flat and receivers wide open down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    Nope completely different defenses. Guenthers defense literally has 6 guys on the line of scrimmage forcing the offensive front to have to account for all six even though he rarely blitzes all six guys. This also causes issues in the run game for opposing offensive linemen and allows for single coverage for our defensive linemen. The Vikings execute this defense to perfection.

The Bengals also had a great deal of success as well until the injuries mounted. If you can recall Guenther first career game as DC he came into the coliseum and embarrassed Oakland and led one of the top defenses into mid season till they were derailed by injuries on offense.
    Last edited by donofdacourts; 01-04-2018 at 02:35 PM.

i want a defense thay creates pocket presseure, stops the run, creates sacks and turnovers, and defends the deep ball. im sorry but pressure needs to come from the line. KNJ defensive line couldn't collapse the pocket. the only push we would get was from Mack. I hope our first pick is a bad *** dt to help mack and irvin out.
    Last edited by raidermike; 01-04-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add

i believe in gruden. those here that dont need to. the guy had 5 division titles, 2 championships, and a superbowl championship. thats pretty good resume! wtf did JDR bring? plus we all get to see chucky dolls again.😉

I think the coordinators choices are cool, Guenther is solid, Cincinnati's defenses are always solid defenses...I wish he could bring Peko & Atkins with him, To team with Mack & Irvin.

Morton as OC is a solid choice also..Anybody that uses elements of New Orleans's offense is alright with me. I Have always felt that NO has one of the great offenses of recent history.

Gannon as QB coach.....No track record, Talks a good game...But, Can he coach we dont know yet. You run hot and cold with him. Carr seems to have a fragile psyche if you believe the reports. Gannon can be rough, Which I think Carr needs but you never know how some people react to that.

Olson: In a undisclosed offensive position: As long as he is not calling plays. Good teacher, Bad play caller.

ST: Bisaccia from Dallas...Don't know a lot about him. I know Dallas's ST was at least solid to my knowledge. Must figure out way to use Cordarelle Patterson better.

The real trick will be the sub-coodinator position coaches. DL, LB, CB, OL, WR/TE and RB, etc.

I think the Olson rumors, are a back up plan if they cant get Gannon. Anyone here for sure know if Gannon wants to coach?

I know I heard Gannon in the past say he was brought in to mentor some QBs, And was a little offended that he was turned down when he asked to work with Carr in the past

Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    The real trick will be the sub-coodinator position coaches. DL, LB, CB, OL, WR/TE and RB, etc.
    Aside from Tice, we can't do much worse than what we had. I think Gruden as well as his coordinator picks should attract some better people.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I visit my brother every other year or so in Henderson. Count me in bro!!!
    Itís going to be awesome when the Raiders move to Vegas! Going to make for some amazinh weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    If it's not broke? "It" just gave up 500+ yards to the Chargers. Rivers shredded it and Gordon ran all over it. The first time Paganos defense went up against a quality QB and it got spanked.
    Hahaha Iím pissing myself at the not broke as well hahaha

Heaven knows what a really Phukkked D looks like then hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Itís going to be awesome when the Raiders move to Vegas! Going to make for some amazinh weekends!
    Aw man... I will hopefully go out there twice in 2020. I MUST see a night game there. That view will definitely be amazing.

mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Agreed. Fkn tired of watching WRs forget how to catch when they become Raiders and never learn to run routes or how to hold the ball correctly. No TE has gotten better after a season with the Raiders (best non-Cook season was prob Rivera). DLs, LBs, DBs... pretty much all of them (not Mack) have stayed the same or regressed. Prob King and Carr are the only ones to have improved significantly as Raiders.

Carr improved? Sure didnít look that way.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Carr improved? Sure didnít look that way.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He improved on interceptions and loses

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast