Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Grudens staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Whatever. Raider fans don't quit on their team. Not real fans, you are a true fan and will get over it soon.
    What's the over/under line on number of days Phil pokes his nose back into it?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I will have him back by the end of the night. Iíll post something about Jewell he wonít be able to resist coming in and debating him more with me. 😉

Iím not sure how Cables hire will determine our scheme or play calling but if Gruden is willing to drop all other candidates that fast it should tell you everything about how highly he regards Cables Coaching. The OL Hawks had when they won SB wasnít as talented as our current group. Iím interested to see what he will do with them

Vic Tafur
    ‏@VicTafur
    Gruden had interviewed one OL coach candidate & had another coming in Monday, but once Seahawks fired Cable, Gruden was "all in" on Cable. Deal finalized last night.
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Check out @Love4Heisman’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Love4Heisman/status/952316136955064321?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Vic Tafur
    ‏@VicTafur
    Gruden had interviewed one OL coach candidate & had another coming in Monday, but once Seahawks fired Cable, Gruden was "all in" on Cable. Deal finalized last night.
    Everybody gets to make up their own mind about this hire, but I am frankly fascinated by the combination of Cable and Gruden. Players love Cable and Gruden knows what he wants. I can't wait to see what happens.

Itís no secret I love Cable, but his scheme is a TERRIBLE fit for what the Raiders are running.

Guess weíll see, but this has me somewhat pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Two

"...prone to stoogery.".

Love the cable hire I really thought we should have kept him as HC he wasn't given enough of a chance.
    Last time we won all division games cable was HC and we destroyed Denver that year.
    He brings so much leadership and experience to this coaching staff. Gruden knows what he is doing .
    He can't do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Itís no secret I love Cable, but his scheme is a TERRIBLE fit for what the Raiders are running.

Guess weíll see, but this has me somewhat pessimistic.
    Good thing he won't make the scheme then. the HC and OC will do that.
    Don't worry about it. He just needs to teach good fundamentals. He will not be dealing with the game plan.
    But his leadership and experience will give even more juice to the coaching staff getting these players all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Good thing he won't make the scheme then. the HC and OC will do that.
    Don't worry about it. He just needs to teach good fundamentals. He will not be dealing with the game plan.
    But his leadership and experience will give even more juice to the coaching staff getting these players all on the same page.

Gruden is going out and hiring the best coaches possible. its been a very long time we had a great coaching staff. you have to think these coaches will be able to do something with our draft picks the last few years that a lot of fans have given up on. i expect a lot of young guys to reach higher level of play next year. Pagano helped some players to start and play, he is much better than Ken but still is an average coach. This staff so far is another level. players will know their assignments. will be playing totheir strengths. i bet we have a top 10 defense next year. cant wait

Itís an odd hire. I really donít know what to expect and I canít believe Jon is planning on turning over the O-line personnel because of a change in scheme.
    Not going to jump just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    So cut Penn, Osemele, Jackson and replace them with who? How long will we rebuild the Offensive line? Hudson is our only player who fits Cables style.
    We are now the destination franchise of choice for every free agent in the NFL. Getting the playas won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Gruden is going out and hiring the best coaches possible. its been a very long time we had a great coaching staff. you have to think these coaches will be able to do something with our draft picks the last few years that a lot of fans have given up on. i expect a lot of young guys to reach higher level of play next year. Pagano helped some players to start and play, he is much better than Ken but still is an average coach. This staff so far is another level. players will know their assignments. will be playing totheir strengths. i bet we have a top 10 defense next year. cant wait

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast