Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grudens staff

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    ugh, I hope they don't do a running offense/passing offense coordinators like in 2009 with Ted Tollner/Paul Hackett.
    1) too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough spoons.
    2) when you have 2 coordinators, you probably don't have any good ones.
    Okay that depends on roles and responsibilities. One is say mechanics and footwork the other is scheme preparation. I know Execs who have 3 coaches focused on helping them be great in different aspects of their work and lives who donít get paid as much as DC. NFL QB is a huge job these days. Also it would be nice if Connor got some coaching at last

I'm sure Cook is sitting in QB meetings and gets reps in individual passing drills, the problem is that he doesn't get any practice reps. IDK what hiring more coaches will do to change that. Connor Cook is pretty terrible anyways so it'd be a waste of reps.

Anyways, IDK that Olsen would leave the Rams for the Raiders if he wasn't getting a promotion to OC after the success that they've had this year.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

I'm sure Cook is sitting in QB meetings and gets reps in individual passing drills, the problem is that he doesn't get any practice reps. IDK what hiring more coaches will do to change that. Connor Cook is pretty terrible anyways so it'd be a waste of reps.

Anyways, IDK that Olsen would leave the Rams for the Raiders if he wasn't getting a promotion to OC after the success that they've had this year.
    Wow you really are down on this man. This is best news weíve had in ages cheer up

Gruden is a offensive minded coach. He will probably be calling his own plays too. I'm sure the overall offensive philosophy will come from Jon Gruden. That doesn't mean that OC isn't still important.

Cook is terrible? Based on what? The guy has had zero time. The Denver game and the Houston game was a horrible situation to be placed in. I think he has potential if someone dedicates the time to develop him. They should have started him in the Chargers game just to get him some experience. Again, I'm expecting JDR and Downing to make rational decisions.

Based on that and the fact that he (Cook) got beaten by Manuel, who is not very good himself.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Manuel has a lot more playing time than Cook. Cook is an unknown entity. He was pretty good in college.

Playbook is one of my favourite shows on nfl Network this season. They just showed how Rams have literally copied plays out of Saints playbook but to do it you have to have a real good RB. We will upgrade that position

Id love for Gruden to keep Mike Tice on his staff as the OL coach. However, Im sure Tice is as good as gone. Tice and Gruden would be fun to watch on the sideline. Didnt Greg Olson run the ZBS? God help us if he does AND he gets promoted to OC. Whats this Morton guy's preference?

Like John Morten as OC, did wonders with a Jets O everyone thought was tanking on purpose.

Love Rich Gannon as QB, he should be able to take Carr to the next level.

Hate Paul Guenther, his defense is almost exactly the KNJ/JDR defense. Soft Zone, no blitz, 4-3.

Curious about Rich Bisaccia don't know much but like Seely.

Don't know if I like this DC hire the more I read about him. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Don't know if I like this DC hire the more I read about him. Hope I'm wrong.
    Agree... This is my major concern. Pagano had us playing WAY better than Norton so why are we making changes to a part of our team that was playing the best? Offense ranked 6th and we change the coordinator - what did that do? Have we not learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it. There's nothing that the Bengals have done so well that suggests we need to make a change. What's the connection to this guy and Gruden? Why is he the Most Wanted DC for us?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    Agree... This is my major concern. Pagano had us playing WAY better than Norton so why are we making changes to a part of our team that was playing the best? Offense ranked 6th and we change the coordinator - what did that do? Have we not learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it. There's nothing that the Bengals have done so well that suggests we need to make a change. What's the connection to this guy and Gruden? Why is he the Most Wanted DC for us?
    If it's not broke? "It" just gave up 500+ yards to the Chargers. Rivers shredded it and Gordon ran all over it. The first time Paganos defense went up against a quality QB and it got spanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarneti53 View Post
    Like John Morten as OC, did wonders with a Jets O everyone thought was tanking on purpose.

Love Rich Gannon as QB, he should be able to take Carr to the next level.

Hate Paul Guenther, his defense is almost exactly the KNJ/JDR defense. Soft Zone, no blitz, 4-3.

Curious about Rich Bisaccia don't know much but like Seely.
    Guentherís defense isnít anything like what we had here previously under JDR. Only thing in common between the two schemes is they are both considered 4-3 defenses despite lining up differently than a traditional 4-3 defense. If you watch the Vikings defense thatís an example of how it should be executed. Itís a great red zone defense, just not sure we have the personnel at this time to run it adequately.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast