Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Grudens staff

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I laugh at those that call Carr soft. You guys couldn't be further from the truth.

Ive called him soft many times, but after hearing all the stories ive stepped back a little.

But, when have you seen Carr sit in the pocket and take a hit cause he let a route develop?

Or how often does he take off and scramble?

What make you so certain hes not soft? Cause he missed one week with the back injury?

Interesting story....last week Raiders asked to speak with Johnny Morton, the Jets refused. So, now this week they fired him....go figure. We just might get him after all.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Ive called him soft many times, but after hearing all the stories ive stepped back a little.

But, when have you seen Carr sit in the pocket and take a hit cause he let a route develop?

Or how often does he take off and scramble?

What make you so certain hes not soft? Cause he missed one week with the back injury?
    Last time he stayed in the pocket and scrambled. Penn let his guy by and Carr got his leg broke. If you don't trust your OL, and know they don't have your back. You don't wait for routes to develope, you dump off. I get what you are saying but the kid is scared and rightfully so. He needs to regain confidence in his line and coaches. I think he'll be alright.

Squeezably soft. We’ll get good when he ain’t here.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Squeezably soft. We’ll get good when he ain’t here.

-Stork

Bit much, but I guess over exaggerating is your thing.

Funny, I call it unvarnished honesty, unaffected by the rose colored glasses known as ‘fandom’.

We shall see. But I’d be very surprised if he ever spent a day on the planet one iota better than Kirk Cousins or Matt Stafford or their mediocre ilk.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Funny, I call it unvarnished honesty, unaffected by the rose colored glasses known as ‘fandom’.

We shall see. But I’d be very surprised if he ever spent a day on the planet one iota better than Kirk Cousins or Matt Stafford or their mediocre ilk.

-Stork

Im a big carr supporter but im starting to think he is a bit soft!!

Carr has shown many signs of being mentally fragile. It is fair to criticize him for multiple things. He seems like a boy who grew up and idolized his big brother. He watched him get punished in the NFL. Had to hear the critiques call him a bust and all sorts of negative analogies. I cant imagine growing up experience that it wouldnt scar him to some degree. When he gets hit it seems to change his mindset and the way he plays. Ive also seen him on the sidelines with time left on the clock whether we are up or behind and he is smiling or laughing like no care in the world. Not sure where his mind goes but that is an issue in my opinion. Gruden is a perfect coach for him. He can get in a guys head and bring out the best. Carr has the talent he needs the mindset. Dont run a play that will fail change it at the line. No way I see Carr smiling on a Gruden side lines. Stay focused as long as there are ticks left on the clock. If Carr doesnt progress with this staff no way he will be starting two years from now. He is going to be challenged There will be better backups behind him pushing him. I think he will get it together, no more excuses and there will be accountability. Im fricking excited. There will be some great backups in free agency. Get one draft one I dont care push him until he succeeds or falls over
    Last edited by maledicent; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    Carr has shown many signs of being mentally fragile. It is fair to criticize him for multiple things. He seems like a boy who grew up and idolized his big brother. He watched him get punished in the NFL. Had to hear the critiques call him a bust and all sorts of negative analogies. I cant imagine growing up experience that it wouldnt scar him to some degree. When he gets hit it seems to change his mindset and the way he plays. Ive also seen him on the sidelines with time left on the clock whether we are up or behind and he is smiling or laughing like no care in the world. Not sure where his mind goes but that is an issue in my opinion. Gruden is a perfect coach for him. He can get in a guys head and bring out the best. Carr has the talent he needs the mindset. Dont run a play that will fail change it at the line. No way I see Carr smiling on a Gruden side lines. Stay focused as long as there are ticks left on the clock. If Carr doesnt progress with this staff no way he will be starting two years from now. He is going to be challenged There will be better backups behind him pushing him. I think he will get it together, no more excuses and there will be accountability. Im fricking excited. There will be some great backups in free agency. Get one draft one I dont care push him until he succeeds or falls over
    When they ran the no huddle, Carr did pretty good. So, based on that, his analytics were OK. This last season, I have no idea what happened. I guess when things are going bad, crap rolls down hill. Him being called out in front of the team didn't help. I blame his demise this past season on the staff. I think he has what it takes. He'll get the support and creativity he needs to be successful. But to call him soft........no, I don't agree with some of you.

Not sure I would use the word "soft" to describe Carr. Watching his bro get pummeled obviously made an impression on him. Also, after he broke his leg, he saw how the team fell flat without him--I imagine that may be part of the reason why he tries not to take too many hits (although, EJ Manuel did not look too bad in his backup role). Something definitely was off with Carr (and the whole offense) this year, but I don't think it was due to Carr being soft. I thought it was more about Carr not being certain about the likelihood of success in the plays. His football IQ is high enough that he could tell that the play called would not fool the defense.

All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

-Stork

Nope not questioning his softness I agree with you on that, however we will be good with him AGAIN. That’s the only point I’m making.

I think Carr will overcome his "softness, fear" this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I think Carr will overcome his "softness, fear" this season.
    Gruden won't have a soft QB.... Or he won't be playing.
    Dogdaddy

All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425