Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Grudens staff

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    #Lions DC Teryl Austin's situation just got interesting: As he negotiates a deal with the #Bengals, the #Raiders are making a push to hire him & give him an assistant head coach title to coach DBs. Oakland hoping for an uber staff for Jon Gruden.

Ian Rapoport
    Ian Rapoport
    ‏@RapSheet
    The #Bengals & #Lions DC Teryl Austin have agreed to terms and heís their new DC. #Raiders tried, but Cincy closed, as @JosinaAnderson said
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

Josina Anderson

I'm told Teryl Austin is going to accept the #Bengals offer to become their defensive coordinator, per source.

I thought our staff was set. I thought we were getting the bengals DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Mark went all in on this. Gruden is here long term. And itís already been reported that Gruden doesnít like some key personnel. Itís going to take some time to turn over this roster. Donít expect an immediate turn around.

You say you donít want to talk about the past but us that have seen Gruden 1 have a pretty good idea about what to expect. Gruden will run the offense, put together game plans, call plays and the offensive coordinator will help coach it.

If you donít like conservative itís going to be a long ten years. I canít say I am crazy about it myself. Maybe that is jumping the gun, but expect it.
    Gruden doesnít seem like the conservative type guy. I see him as the type I guy to get in carrs face and force him to throw it downfield. As for a turnaround I expect a quick one. The talent is all here. Offense is set maybe missing a true #1 WR offense needs talent but I expect this team in the playoffs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I thought our staff was set. I thought we were getting the bengals DC?
    Reports that we tried to get both... read that Austin was going to be an assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    What part of Gruden will be calling the plays donít you get? Olsen is OC in title only.
    Oh Mark Davis is that you? Or Gruden is that you? Damn I love how guys have all this insight when Gruden himself hasnít confirmed if heís calling play or not. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicRaiderFan24 View Post
    Who's just ready for the season to start already??? Things are looking up! Worst part about football is the offseason. By the way yes my first post. Been reading on here for about 4 years though.
    Welcome! Completely agree, so ready for next season and usually off-season sucks but Iím excited about this off-season. A good football team who underachieved and was horribly managed and coached. With what looks to be an awesome coaching staff coming in, a solid FA and nailing the draft can really catapult this team back towards contention. This is going to be a lot of fun!

For about 20 minutes, I thought the Raiders had pulled Austin as their next DC and I was ecstatic.

Gruden won 25 games with Chuck Bresnahan as his DC. I'm sure Guenther is an improvement over anything Oakland has had in almost twenty years.

It would've been a big coup if they got him to coach DBs, but I suspect that Austin used the Raiders' offer to make the Bengals give him more money.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Reports that we tried to get both... read that Austin was going to be an assistant coach
    Yea Gruden was trying to get Austin as the assistant head coach defense/DB's. That would have been a great get to bad he went to the Bungles. Oh well when we win the Super Bowl next year he can wallow in mediocrity in Cincinnati.

krsonekth

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Oh Mark Davis is that you? Or Gruden is that you? Damn I love how guys have all this insight when Gruden himself hasnít confirmed if heís calling play or not. Sheesh.
    Yes awesome hair and all. Don't be jealous.

krsonekth

Iím not a fan of the Gruden signing. Iíve warmed up a little bit to it but the Yankees wouldnít bring back Joe Torre.

Hopefully this isnít your typical Raiders incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Iím not a fan of the Gruden signing. Iíve warmed up a little bit to it but the Yankees wouldnít bring back Joe Torre.

uh... don't the Yankees have a history of bringing back managers...? (Billy martin)

Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post

Ya, might first reaction when I heard the contract length I thought Mark had lost his mind. Maybe Reggie wrote the contract and there will be an early out on it.
    Not against the hire per say just the length of it.

One thing is for sure, we can be guaranteed a coaching consistency with the length of Gruden's contract.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast