Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 462

Thread: Grudens staff

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Guentherís defense isnít anything like what we had here previously under JDR. Only thing in common between the two schemes is they are both considered 4-3 defenses despite lining up differently than a traditional 4-3 defense. If you watch the Vikings defense thatís an example of how it should be executed. Itís a great red zone defense, just not sure we have the personnel at this time to run it adequately.
    very good.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    If it's not broke? "It" just gave up 500+ yards to the Chargers. Rivers shredded it and Gordon ran all over it. The first time Paganos defense went up against a quality QB and it got spanked.
    True but lets not get carried away, we lost the game but the defense played much better with an experienced coordinator. KNJ was a lost cause, lets wait until he gets another DC job lol

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    Agree... This is my major concern. Pagano had us playing WAY better than Norton so why are we making changes to a part of our team that was playing the best? Offense ranked 6th and we change the coordinator - what did that do? Have we not learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it. There's nothing that the Bengals have done so well that suggests we need to make a change. What's the connection to this guy and Gruden? Why is he the Most Wanted DC for us?
    What we got to see is our defense under a DC that was experienced enough to be able to make our defense look good at times but we just have too many holes. We can still fix that on defense by focusing on it fa/dtraft but Gruden will be our HC and he should have full control of his coaching staff. Trust me this is going to be fun we have enough talent to be a very good team and Chucky will bring it out of us.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    Gruden is a offensive minded coach. He will probably be calling his own plays too. I'm sure the overall offensive philosophy will come from Jon Gruden. That doesn't mean that OC isn't still important.
    I think so too, Gruden will have a ton of influence on the offensive end, callin gplays etc, Morton/Olsen/Ganno is a great combination for the rest of the offensive staff. I'm actually one of the who like rhe Paul Guenther possibilty for DC, we will definitely need a few more pieces but a Viking/like defense sounds good to me. Mack will kill everyone with 3 other men on the line.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    ugh, I hope they don't do a running offense/passing offense coordinators like in 2009 with Ted Tollner/Paul Hackett.
    1) too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough spoons.
    2) when you have 2 coordinators, you probably don't have any good ones.
    idk, I'm an Executive Chef, and I love having other Chefs in my kitchen. The Ego is the ultimate enemy of man, if they all buy in this can really work and with a Gruden/Olsen/Morton/Gannon on the offensive side is much much much better than this year and every year since...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,034
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    idk, I'm an Executive Chef, and I love having other Chefs in my kitchen. The Ego is the ultimate enemy of man, if they all buy in this can really work and with a Gruden/Olsen/Morton/Gannon on the offensive side is much much much better than this year and every year since...
    Sounds better then Del Rio, Downing, Peetz, Tice that's for sure, lol.
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.



    krsonekth

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Sounds better then Del Rio, Downing, Peetz, Tice that's for sure, lol.
    It truly does brother It's making me shake my head of the difference just thinking/typing about it haha!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    idk, I'm an Executive Chef, and I love having other Chefs in my kitchen. The Ego is the ultimate enemy of man, if they all buy in this can really work and with a Gruden/Olsen/Morton/Gannon on the offensive side is much much much better than this year and every year since...
    Forget the Raiders... Where are you an executive chef and why haven't you invited me for a 9-course meal on the house (drinks included)?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    30,776
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Forget the Raiders... Where are you an executive chef and why haven't you invited me for a 9-course meal on the house (drinks included)?
    When I move to Las Vegas
    (Henderson NV), which will be soon 1-2 years you will 100% invited for eats, Raiders and drinks!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,034
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    When I move to Las Vegas
    (Henderson NV), which will be soon 1-2 years you will 100% invited for eats, Raiders and drinks!
    Do we have to give the secret code at the door to eat at the chefs table. ďGREATNESS ONEĒ

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    LA 2 Da Bay
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    When I move to Las Vegas
    (Henderson NV), which will be soon 1-2 years you will 100% invited for eats, Raiders and drinks!
    Woooo!
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    When I move to Las Vegas
    (Henderson NV), which will be soon 1-2 years you will 100% invited for eats, Raiders and drinks!
    I visit my brother every other year or so in Henderson. Count me in bro!!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    12,949
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    Agree... This is my major concern. Pagano had us playing WAY better than Norton so why are we making changes to a part of our team that was playing the best? Offense ranked 6th and we change the coordinator - what did that do? Have we not learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it. There's nothing that the Bengals have done so well that suggests we need to make a change. What's the connection to this guy and Gruden? Why is he the Most Wanted DC for us?
    New HC means new coordinators. Just wish Gruden got someone more high profile/proven.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think so too, Gruden will have a ton of influence on the offensive end, callin gplays etc, Morton/Olsen/Ganno is a great combination for the rest of the offensive staff. I'm actually one of the who like rhe Paul Guenther possibilty for DC, we will definitely need a few more pieces but a Viking/like defense sounds good to me. Mack will kill everyone with 3 other men on the line.
    I did not like Greg Olsen, maybe I didn't recognize his whole self, if someone can enlighten me on his good points...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    16,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I did not like Greg Olsen, maybe I didn't recognize his whole self, if someone can enlighten me on his good points...
    Very good QB coach and local reporters seemed to indicate he was good at preparing players during the week, but terrible at calling plays.

    He won't be calling plays, Gruden will.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •