Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Is Iggy HOF bound? Who makes the cut this year?

Regarding Andre, hes the ultimate sacrifice for the team guy, an All-Star/F.MVP, will probably add a few more ringz to his count playing for a historic team.

That aside, here are some notable first ballot candidates;

Jason Kidd, Nash, Ray Allen, Grant Hill, Billups and RIP

Waiting to be added are Webber, Ben Wallace, Tim Hardaway and Sidney Moncrief

Heres a list of all the eligible candidates:

http://www.hoophall.com/news/naismit...class-of-2018/

I love Iggy, but I don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame. He was a one-time All-Star who was a 19/5/5 guy at his peak (which only lasted about three years), and all of his postseason prowess came as a role player on one of the most stacked teams in NBA history. If Iggy gets in, then there's a lot of role players on great teams over the years who have a case, and frankly their cases are probably stronger. The Finals MVP is nice, but that alone shouldn't get him in. It didn't get Cedric Maxwell in, and you could make a strong case that Maxwell was the better player at his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

No and he isnít close to worthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

As for guys with a chance to get there this season, Kidd, Nash and Allen should all be first-ballot locks as all are top 50 all-time caliber guys. Hill could make it his first year based more on his college career, but if we were judging his career solely based on his NBA career, he would be a coin flip guy for me.

The 2000s Pistons teams are so hard to judge. I was talking with a friend about it recently, and I think the only two guys I'd definitely put in would be Billups and Wallace. Sheed is a borderline guy for me, but gun to my head, I just don't think I would personally vote him in. And Rip is a "no" for me. The guy was a great scorer and a 3-time All-Star, but I don't think a 20/3/3 guy at his peak deserves to be in the HOF.

Webber definitely should get in, and it's shocking to me that Moncrief isn't in already. Hardaway is probably borderline, but I think he should get in. His advanced numbers don't blow you away, but the guy was a 5-time All-NBA player and was one of the 2-3 best point guards of the 90s.

He should get in. Prob not before anyone mentioned in the op, but still, at some point..

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He should get in. Prob not before anyone mentioned in the op, but still, at some point..
    Find me a comparable player who is in the Hall of Fame today.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I love Iggy, but I don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame. He was a one-time All-Star who was a 19/5/5 guy at his peak (which only lasted about three years), and all of his postseason prowess came as a role player on one of the most stacked teams in NBA history. If Iggy gets in, then there's a lot of role players on great teams over the years who have a case, and frankly their cases are probably stronger. The Finals MVP is nice, but that alone shouldn't get him in. It didn't get Cedric Maxwell in, and you could make a strong case that Maxwell was the better player at his peak.
    That finals MVP was kinda dumb too, I mean Lebron avg like 30-11-8 52% lol and iggy got it for his defense on Lebron who was playing without Love or Irving.

I respect Iggy but def not a HOF'er
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Find me a comparable player who is in the Hall of Fame today.
    Sabonis,mutombo, Ming lol

Stop it lmao!!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

Tim Hardaway was a beast early on before those knee injuries. After that he was a nice player but was a fringe all star at best after that.

Those are not remotely comparable. Sabonis and Yao are in primarily because of their international dominance/contributions, but Yao was also an elite NBA player for a good chunk of time and a 5-time All-NBA guy in his career. And Mutombo was a 4-time Defensive Player of the Year, a 10-time All-Star and a 3-time All-NBA guy.

I'll say it again: Find a comparable player to Iggy who is in the Hall of Fame today.

Slightly above average player that is close to an extinct player because he plays defense and doesn't score a ton.

Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Regarding Andre, hes the ultimate sacrifice for the team guy, an All-Star/F.MVP, will probably add a few more ringz to his count playing for a historic team.

That aside, here are some notable first ballot candidates;

Jason Kidd, Nash, Ray Allen, Grant Hill, Billups and RIP

Waiting to be added are Webber, Ben Wallace, Tim Hardaway and Sidney Moncrief

Heres a list of all the eligible candidates:

http://www.hoophall.com/news/naismit...class-of-2018/
    Of the top list obviously J Kidd, Nash and Ray Allen are in. G Hill will get in, but maybe not 1st ballot. Ditto Chauncey. Rip? Rip's definitely never making the hall of fame, not sure why you have him with those guys. The other 4 below are all borderline, and I'd be good with them in or out honestly. And while his impact is probably understated and has been HOF level at times (his D can be that good), Iguodala's not a Hall Of Famer no.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Of the top list obviously J Kidd, Nash and Ray Allen are in. G Hill will get in, but maybe not 1st ballot. Ditto Chauncey. Rip? Rip's definitely never making the hall of fame, not sure why you have him with those guys. The other 4 below are all borderline, and I'd be good with them in or out honestly. And while his impact is probably understated and has been HOF level at times (his D can be that good), Iguodala's not a Hall Of Famer no.
    Webber should get in. The dude almost averaged a 20/10 for his entire career average. He was a 5-time All-NBA guy and finished top 10 in MVP voting five times. His advanced numbers aren't great, but his three-year peak in Sacramento was damn solid. His postseason resume isn't incredible or anything, but he was the best player on some damn good Kings teams in the 2000s that had some good playoff runs.

Edit: Wallace is borderline, but he was the best defensive player in the league for the better part of a decade and certainly anchored the league's best defense on a perennial contender over that time. Mutombo and Rodman are both in, and I consider Wallace a similar class of player if maybe just slightly below those guys.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-03-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast