Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

January Game Day Thread

Here we go

Caps-Canes tied 1-1 closing to 10 minutes in the first.

Caps give up the lead, come back to tie the game and Ovechkin scores his second in OT to take down the Canes.

At the half way point Colorado holds a playoff spot and Nathan Mackinnon has to be leading the MVP race. Him-rantanen- Landeskog has turned into one of the best lines in this league.

Kudos to Sakic man.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    At the half way point Colorado holds a playoff spot and Nathan Mackinnon has to be leading the MVP race. Him-rantanen- Landeskog has turned into one of the best lines in this league.

Kudos to Sakic man.
    You continue to be a homer whenever the Avs find any sort of success. Kucherov is on pace for 116 points while winning the Rocket with 52 goals. He is by far leading the league right now in terms of the Hart race.

1. Kucherov
    2. MacKinnon
    3. Tavares

With that said, I don't think Colorado has the depth to do any real damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    You continue to be a homer whenever the Avs find any sort of success. Kucherov is on pace for 116 points while winning the Rocket with 52 goals. He is by far leading the league right now in terms of the Hart race.

1. Kucherov
    2. MacKinnon
    3. Tavares

With that said, I don't think Colorado has the depth to do any real damage.
    Oh we wonít make the playoffs. I just think a kid that doesnít play with Stamkos who doesnít play on a contender, but playing on a team that should be bottom 5 represents more valuable. I guess MVP in sports today means statistically the best where I always see MVP as valuable to team success. Ya know how Lebron should have more MVPs. Or how Harden deserved it more?

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Oh we wonít make the playoffs. I just think a kid that doesnít play with Stamkos who doesnít play on a contender, but playing on a team that should be bottom 5 represents more valuable. I guess MVP in sports today means statistically the best where I always see MVP as valuable to team success. Ya know how Lebron should have more MVPs. Or how Harden deserved it more?
    Kucherov's level is Kane's in 15/16 though, probably better. Hell Stammer had 58 games played in the last two years combined. I get MacKinnon, his team's success but Kucherov is the scariest offensive player in the NHL right now.

You have a point. Tampa's go to defensive line that puts up big points as well is Johnson-Point-Palat

MacKinnon is also a centre this time unlike his rookie year.

Yeah Kucherov is awesome. He does what he does with or without Stamkos.

MacKinnon having a great year as well. Good for him, I love watching him play.

As for Landeskog, where are all the people from last season talking about how crap and overrated he is?

And what about Sakic? He got a lot of flak and people were calling for his head with how he was mishandling the Duchene situation amongst other things, but now he's being heaped praise? Doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Yeah Kucherov is awesome. He does what he does with or without Stamkos.

MacKinnon having a great year as well. Good for him, I love watching him play.

As for Landeskog, where are all the people from last season talking about how crap and overrated he is?
    I know and Carlo is not looking so great

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Kucherov's level is Kane's in 15/16 though, probably better. Hell Stammer had 58 games played in the last two years combined. I get MacKinnon, his team's success but Kucherov is the scariest offensive player in the NHL right now.

You have a point. Tampa's go to defensive line that puts up big points as well is Johnson-Point-Palat

MacKinnon is also a centre this time unlike his rookie year.
    You are right that Kuch deserves it and I went Too far in terms of MVP and itís highly unlikely the Avs sustain this.

As for Landeskog itís a nice bounce back year. I think you can put anyone with Rantanen and Mackinnon at this point and they will generate points for the 3rd guy. I am more impressed with Landeskogs leadership this year. He is more willing to back guys up and make the little plays and put his body on the line.

As for Sakic, he saved his job. The trade netted him Girard who looks very similar to Tyson Barrie. Bowers looks good at BU, Kamenev is expected to be playing with Kerfoot who has turned into a solid second line center for a rookie. His draft this year with Makar and Timmins were arguably 2 of the top 4 Canadian players this past tourney with middle round guys like Nick Henry and Smirnov that can contribute in the near future. Honestly everything he recently touched worked out and a ton of it was luck. He will get the credit but our pipeline has some solid prospects for once.

Caps on a nice five game run, winning three in overtime, with a home and home at the end of the week against Carolina.

Problems in Chicago? Seabrook was a healthy scratch tonight as the Blackhawks sit last in their division.

After losing at home to the Canes, the Caps storm back to win tonight with 1.3 seconds left in regulation thanks to a Jay Beagle goal.

Cogliano's Iron Man streak will end at 830 games after he was given a two-game suspension

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast