Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2018 Around the League

This thread will be for all the news from around the league.

RIP Gene Wilder

Reuben Foster was arrested for Domestic Violence

Reuben Foster is currently being held in Santa Clara County Jail after being booked Sunday on charges relating to domestic violence, Sarah Ravani and Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle report.

The 23-year-old 49ers linebacker is being held without bail, according to the Chronicle writers.

This is Fosterís second arrest within the last month, although this incident appears far more serious. The 2017 first-round pick was arrested on second-degree marijuana possession charges in mid-January. That arrest figures to void some of Fosterís guarantees. This one could well affect his availability for the 2018 season.

Fosterís draft stock fell because of injuries and potentially his being kicked out of the Combine last year. While the 49ers look to have drafted a high-ceiling talent, with Foster playing well when available during his rookie season, the former Alabama stalwart has some potentially significant off-field baggage to surmount.

The current San Francisco power structure has acted swiftly in the past when dealing with domestic violence incidents. Although charges against Tramaine Brock were later dropped, the 49ers cut the productive cornerback the day after he was arrested. Itís extremely unlikely theyíll take this route with Foster, however, given his standing within the organization.

RIP Gene Wilder

I was a fan of fosters game in the draft, but he definitely had some red flags. Isnít he the one that got sent home from the combine for getting into a fight with the people admistering the urine test?

His game would be sweet, but we dodged a bullet not taking that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I was a fan of fosters game in the draft, but he definitely had some red flags. Isnít he the one that got sent home from the combine for getting into a fight with the people admistering the urine test?

His game would be sweet, but we dodged a bullet not taking that dude.
    yep thats him

RIP Gene Wilder

it should not matter (it didn't when Green Bay had for multiple years one of the easier schedules) but here is a link to the strength of schedules.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...roughest-ride/

this is what now scares me about Key. He hasn't done anything like this but damn, where there is smoke there is fire is coming true once again with these guys.

Mike Florio of Profootballtalk thinks that Kansas City is going to put Marcus Peters on the trade block. With the signing of David Amerson, still in the process of acquiring Kendall Fuller, and some of Peters "antics" he could be on the outs in Kansas City.

I would definitely be interested in seeing what they would take for him.

RIP Gene Wilder

I would love a player of Peters caliber. Heíd be a perfect corner for us and does a great job of forcing turnovers. However, the fact that KC is trying to trade him is definitely concerning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Mike Florio of Profootballtalk thinks that Kansas City is going to put Marcus Peters on the trade block. With the signing of David Amerson, still in the process of acquiring Kendall Fuller, and some of Peters "antics" he could be on the outs in Kansas City.

He is an awesome player and it would take a ton to get him from KC.
    I can't see them trading him to be completely honest. Just because they are bringing in Fuller and Amerson doesn't mean Peters is on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    He is an awesome player and it would take a ton to get him from KC.
    I can't see them trading him to be completely honest. Just because they are bringing in Fuller and Amerson doesn't mean Peters is on the way out.
    I think what Florio is saying and maybe I didn't make it clear is that the Chiefs are unhappy with some of Peters childish behavior and that is a big reason they could want to move him and Fuller and Amerson would be acquisitions to lessen the blow

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think what Florio is saying and maybe I didn't make it clear is that the Chiefs are unhappy with some of Peters childish behavior and that is a big reason they could want to move him and Fuller and Amerson would be acquisitions to lessen the blow
    I get what your saying.
    Even if they do move him its going to take a huge haul in return IMO. Nobody is going to steal a 25 year old elite cornerback away from KC, thats for sure.

Josh Norman could be on his way out of Washington

The Washington Redskins haven't exactly been known for their wise spending in free agency over the years, and once again, fans could be set for another whirlwind affair.

That's because according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, things are once again "a mess" in D.C. for seemingly the 20th year in a row after the signing Alex Smith to a huge multi-year contract and moving on from Kirk Cousins. The decision apparently left some NFL executives scratching their heads, with one personnel director openly criticizing the move and issuing a warning that the marriage between the Redskins and cornerback Josh Norman could be coming to an end.

""There is no way I would have extended Alex Smith like that," the unnamed NFL executive said. "I hear that Norman hates the front office and would want to leave anyway. Something could happen there."

Things are a mess there, again. No one is buying a tag-and-trade scenario with Cousins, at least not that I've talked to. There are rumblings about Josh Norman's future there as well, and they could save $15 million in cash and $8 million in cap space by parting with him. "You just moved on from a franchise quarterback and paid a guy to replace him who you didn't have to pay, so anything is possible there," a personnel director said. "There is no way I would have extended Alex Smith like that. I hear that Norman hates the front office and would want to leave anyway. Something could happen there." Given all of the drama between Washington and Su'a Cravens, he could be gone too, now that he has been reinstated.

For what it's worth, Norman's potential departure wouldn't be the most unexpected move, but it would be somewhat concerning given the the impending loss of Kendall Fuller and the likely one of Bashaud Breeland. It would likely leave the Redskins having to overpay for a starter to replace, and as they've shown in the past, they aren't exactly wise when it comes to throwing money around.

At some point though, enough has to be enough. The front office has led the Redskins backwards and is seemingly a punchline around the NFL, leaving it more and more difficult for them to sign anyone to begin with.

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...ason-115296051

RIP Gene Wilder

I'd love to bring Norman in here if the price is right.
    I think his best years are behind him but he would still be our best CB. He could probably show the young guys like King a thing or two about the position.

The Bears have declined LG Josh Sitton's $8 million team option for 2018, making him a free agent.

Sitton remained one of the league's best guards in 2018, but the Bears evidently want to go younger. Sitton has also battled the injury bug in Chicago, missing three games each of the past two seasons. The ex-Packer turns 32 in June. He will not lack for interest on the open market. Since Sitton isn't being released, and is simply having an option declined, he isn't eligible to sign until the start of free agency.
    -Rotoworld

Extremely unlikely, but I'd love to have Sitton back.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast