Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    the only thing I worry about him is, I believe, he is one screw up away from being gone indefinitely.

If its cheap sure why not.

RIP Gene Wilder

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Hopefully my math is correct but here is my free agent and offseason wish list/plan

As of now we have about 22 million in cap room, if I'm reading the linked website correct and the info is correct.
    1) Cut Cobb and restructure Nelson and Matthews at say 2/12 each with lots of incentives = Cap Savings of about 15-20 million depending on specifics. Re-negotiate Rodgers 4/5 years around 30 million per (maybe if we show him the money he would do a Brady type cap friendly deal)

2) Re-Sign Jahri Evans 1/2.25
    Richard Rodgers 1 yr/1-2 million

Evans gets the same deal as last year and Rodgers gets a non-guarenteed short term deal. We let Burnett walk because we drafted Josh Jones to play and take his spot.

3)Sign incoming free agents
    TE Cameron Brate 3/20 million
    CB Kyle Fuller 4/36
    WR Taylor Gabriel 2/8

We spend about 25 million and build depth at all spots. I perfer Brate over Graham becuause he can block and I see Graham as purely just a red-zone threat at this part of his career. To me, Fuller provides close to the same value as Butler and Johnson but at a much lower price. Gabriel and Okafor provide some depth with a little upside.

Draft 1st)OLB Clelin Ferrell
    2nd)T Tyrell Crosby
    3rd)WR Simmie Cobbs
    4th)TE Durham Smythe
    5th)S Kyzir White

Let me know what you think or I forgot.

Bryan Bulaga's health/possible retirement would also force further action

I must have missed Brates name on the free agent list. Hes a guy Id be interested in.

I dont see clay taking that restructure deal to be honest. I think hed play chicken with us and either play out one more year or risk being cut. Hed easily get 2/12 on the open market.

Ferrell decided to go back to Clemson, so that is out.

Id much rather have Brate at that price over whatever itll take to get Graham.

Hes an absolute freak in jumpball situations but MM doesnt utilize TEs in that role.

I think Brates skillset would be real nice in our Offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really see anything happening with Clay. A restructure means we are applying more years to an aging guy. A release means we put a huge hole in our LB core. Even if you were to go out and find a FA LB and draft a pass rusher in the first round that puts quite the ? in our defensive core. I don't see them releasing him anyways as he is synonymous with the franchise along with Rodgers.

I think the only way to restructure clay in a way to actually get any cap savings this year is to add at least 2 years to his deal. Since he no longer has any signing bonus counting against his cap hit, hes harder to restructure.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    the only thing I worry about him is, I believe, he is one screw up away from being gone indefinitely.

If its cheap sure why not.
    That's why he wouldn't break the bank. You could even make it an incentive based type contract.

Have seen some talk about Martavious Bryant on here. Seems he wants to stay a Steeler from current reports.

A lot of teams with bad WRs should have money in free agency. I cant imagine Bryant doesnt get at least a decent sized deal. Not sure Id want to be the one to take the shot on him.

Not many of those other teams have Rodgers as their QB. And nothing wrong with taking chances as long as they aren't handing him a ton of guaranteed money. Plus the packers have taken in some players with questionable character but have the talent to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    A lot of teams with bad WRs should have money in free agency. I cant imagine Bryant doesnt get at least a decent sized deal. Not sure Id want to be the one to take the shot on him.
    Only shot is a trade probably. I can't see Pittsburgh dumping his $700,000 contract for next season. Wouldn't make too much sense as long as he wants to stay there.

We be down right stupid to let Burnett walk

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    We be down right stupid to let Burnett walk
    I dunno. The more I read about him the more I get talked out of whether he is really even that good to justify. He had 0 INT's or sacks in 12 games this season. I understand our defensive scheme was kinda horseshit as it was but that is a pretty awful year on a contract year.

Its Josh Jones' time. Wouldn't mind keeping Burnett if the price is right tho. But i feel like we should see what Jones has.

Don't get cought up in stats. That Is like saying Daniel's is bad because he doesn't get a lot of sacks. Dude is a leader and proven. Everything doesn't show up on paper. Newer isn't always better. People amaze me, wanting us to go hog wild in FA. Imo to many fans live in the now and dont see the bigger picture.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast