Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    moving onto other cbs, why do patriots keep doing butler so dirty? first bringing in gilmore at an expensive price tag, rumors of him being traded, then on top of that they bench him in the superbowl and give up 41?? what did that dude do to get that kind of treatment? wonder if that will bring his price down, they were talking 13mil a year before, maybe he will be available for 8-10 a year? hed be nice paired with king and randall
    Toatlly agree. Doubt it drops him to 8-10, but I could see maybe 11 per season. Especially to a team like Green Bay, where he has a chance to get to the Superbowl and get revenge on his former team. I like the thought of adding Butler at a slightly discounted contract. Rumor has it he got busted with weed prior to the Superbowl, so he might not be available week 1, but that could drive the contract down a little too. We don't need him week 1, we need him weeks 6 thru February.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    moving onto other cbs, why do patriots keep doing butler so dirty? first bringing in gilmore at an expensive price tag, rumors of him being traded, then on top of that they bench him in the superbowl and give up 41?? what did that dude do to get that kind of treatment? wonder if that will bring his price down, they were talking 13mil a year before, maybe he will be available for 8-10 a year? hed be nice paired with king and randall
    I saw something on twitter so I don't know if it is true or not that Butler missed curfew, got caught with weed and had a melt down on the coaches.

again I don't know if its true or not just something I saw on twitter.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I saw something on twitter so I don't know if it is true or not that Butler missed curfew, got caught with weed and had a melt down on the coaches.

again I don't know if its true or not just something I saw on twitter.
    yea im hearing those rumors too now, if that is true thats a really stupid decision on his part and may drop him significantly in price. you cant wait till after to party? i mean i know max mcgee did it but still lol

i also saw he missed the team flight and had to fly there himself, per team rules he gets benched for that.

After all the things surrounding Butler the last year or so, the rumors of being traded, the lack of giving him a long term deal and giving it to Gilmore instead, now this, its obviously hard to believe he will remain a Pat.

Butler King and Randall is a solid Cb core. But that'll most likely mean Burnett is gone unless they make some serious restructures and if you can get Butler in for around 8-9 mil in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    i also saw he missed the team flight and had to fly there himself, per team rules he gets benched for that.

After all the things surrounding Butler the last year or so, the rumors of being traded, the lack of giving him a long term deal and giving it to Gilmore instead, now this, its obviously hard to believe he will remain a Pat.

Butler King and Randall is a solid Cb core. But that'll most likely mean Burnett is gone unless they make some serious restructures and if you can get Butler in for around 8-9 mil in 2018.
    I posted in main forum but butler came out and said all those rumors were false. Really gotta wonder why the organization keeps treating him so bad especially when his teammates all seem to like him and he just goes out and plays hard. GB will appreciate you malcolm dont trip! Lol

I like the thought of going after a Malcolm Butler or an Aquib Talib or even a Corey Fuller, but with only $17 Mil in cap space, how do we fill other holes when spending big money on a FA CB. I'll tell you how, we need to cut or restructure Jordy Nelson, Randle Cobb and Clay Mathews. Who would you rather have on our defense, Mathews or Butler? I'd take Butler. Who would you rather have on our offense, Nelson or John/Jaron Brown and Trey Burton? I'll take one of the Brown's and Burton. It's time to completly cut ties with one of the 3 and the other 2 have to take $5 Mil pay cuts.

Offer all 3 pay cuts of $5 Mil and which ever one says No, it's time to say goodbye. If 2 of them say No, better yet. None of the 3 are even close to worth $10 Mil per season.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-07-2018 at 03:07 PM.

I canít get behind cutting clay. Iíd be okay with a restructure, but I donít see any advantage for him to do that. The other two can maybe be talked into it. Plus. We need clay. He doesnít have an obvious replacement and that spot will be the most difficult to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I canít get behind cutting clay. Iíd be okay with a restructure, but I donít see any advantage for him to do that. The other two can maybe be talked into it. Plus. We need clay. He doesnít have an obvious replacement and that spot will be the most difficult to replace.
    i think i am on that boat too, not like were overflowing with talent or depth on defense, its why we have been bad for so long. also cobb is still fairly young and jordy can reinvent his role like fitz did. no sense in cutting all 3, or any, when they are serviceable. as long as we can restructure i think we should be fine and be able to add solid depth. i think cobb and jordy know they wont get that top $$ in FA. cobb had a chance when he signed back but has shown that he isnt an elite wr

The one problem with that is if Jordy is going to reinvent himself like fitz, it may need to come with more reps in the slot. Cobb isnít an outside guy, so it might be tough to get both guys enough reps if both guys need slot reps.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The one problem with that is if Jordy is going to reinvent himself like fitz, it may need to come with more reps in the slot. Cobb isnít an outside guy, so it might be tough to get both guys enough reps if both guys need slot reps.
    true. might even make sense to restructure nelson, let cobb go, then get paul richardson for 6-7 a year if possible? not sure what he is going to command either but i think he is faster than cobb and more of a playmaker when healthy. so hard to predict what the front office will do, gonna be really interesting
    Last edited by StickyGreenFan; 02-09-2018 at 02:45 PM.

This could be an interesting offseason.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mpression=true

March 14th, 4 PM free agency starts, who do the packers sign right away to make a splash? Gotta be a CB I would think. The new GM wants to get the fans and the team behind him fast and that would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    March 14th, 4 PM free agency starts, who do the packers sign right away to make a splash? Gotta be a CB I would think. The new GM wants to get the fans and the team behind him fast and that would do it.
    I totally think we're gonna be in bigger than we've really seen in forever but I need wouldn't expect him to make a "splash" to get fan support. I think they'll just do whatever they believe is best. I think we'll end up disappointed if that's what we're counting on basically day one.

Who are your guys top few targets. Don't have to be huge names for sure or anything either

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast