Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1062
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    Revis could be a good last resort type of thing. Even if we dont go for one of the top guys, there are still a good amount of mid level guys we should go for before Revis or Tramon.

    I also saw a random article that said Ronald Darby was on the trade block? I can see that. The eagles have mills and traded for worley, then will have Sidney Jones coming back. Hope they make a call if thats true cause hes still a nice player with some upside.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    749
    Also saw a tweet linked to the nfl reddit that Corey Coleman might be available?


    Not sure how true that is but imagine if we could be in on him? You could prob get away with cutting Cobb or Nelson which could clear out that space for Trumaine Johnson or Butler.

    Nice idea

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    No thanks on Coleman. Outside of it being a more cap friendly contract for us I don't see that as making us any better.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chuck Town
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Also saw a tweet linked to the nfl reddit that Corey Coleman might be available?


    Not sure how true that is but imagine if we could be in on him? You could prob get away with cutting Cobb or Nelson which could clear out that space for Trumaine Johnson or Butler.

    Nice idea
    I saw the headline that the Browns are very interested in Allen Robinson. I would love to have Josh Gordon here if they need to make room on their roster for Landry and Robinson. Not interested in Coleman.

    #iamgute

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    true and what could help is Pettine. Revis had some of his best seasons when Pettine was his DC. Its just and idea
    Yeah I'd be fine with that if they felt comfortable. Why not

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Revis could be a good last resort type of thing. Even if we dont go for one of the top guys, there are still a good amount of mid level guys we should go for before Revis or Tramon.

    I also saw a random article that said Ronald Darby was on the trade block? I can see that. The eagles have mills and traded for worley, then will have Sidney Jones coming back. Hope they make a call if thats true cause hes still a nice player with some upside.
    Was talking about that Darby thing last night. I'm down with Coleman on the cheap but wouldn't that have maybe been discussed during our trade?

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by 12to85 View Post
    I saw the headline that the Browns are very interested in Allen Robinson. I would love to have Josh Gordon here if they need to make room on their roster for Landry and Robinson. Not interested in Coleman.
    They wouldn't move Gordon in that case. Gordon would still be their #1 guy with A Rob at #2 and Landry in the slot. Coleman would be the odd man out. If the Packers were interested in Coleman that probably would have been discussed in the last trade. Doubt we do another swap with them.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chuck Town
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    They wouldn't move Gordon in that case. Gordon would still be their #1 guy with A Rob at #2 and Landry in the slot. Coleman would be the odd man out. If the Packers were interested in Coleman that probably would have been discussed in the last trade. Doubt we do another swap with them.
    Yea I know...

    Just a pipe dream of mine

    #iamgute

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,501
    Not sure on revis. He basically quit on Kansas cityís basically final play of the season. He put zero effort into tackling Henry on that 3rd down run to run out the clock. Probably a 1 play thing, but that sticks out in my mind. He always seemed like a hired gun trying to make as much money as possible (which is fine). But it just didnít seem like heís really in it to win it. Thatís fine when youíre a lock down corner but if heís not a lockdown guy anymore, do we really want someone whoís going to put little effort into tackling in the biggest moment of the season?

    Iím not the biggest johnson fan but I wouldnít hate him. Heís been tagged and paid like a number 1 for 2 years, but I donít think he actually is a great number 1. If we have $13 mill to spend on corner, Iím not sure we canít get two decent guys for that money and that might be a better spend. Iíve seen some people on Twitter suggest that maybe you can get DRC and Patrick Robinson for a similar price tag to Johnson, and that might be a better way to spend cash.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not sure on revis. He basically quit on Kansas cityís basically final play of the season. He put zero effort into tackling Henry on that 3rd down run to run out the clock. Probably a 1 play thing, but that sticks out in my mind. He always seemed like a hired gun trying to make as much money as possible (which is fine). But it just didnít seem like heís really in it to win it. Thatís fine when youíre a lock down corner but if heís not a lockdown guy anymore, do we really want someone whoís going to put little effort into tackling in the biggest moment of the season?

    Iím not the biggest johnson fan but I wouldnít hate him. Heís been tagged and paid like a number 1 for 2 years, but I donít think he actually is a great number 1. If we have $13 mill to spend on corner, Iím not sure we canít get two decent guys for that money and that might be a better spend. Iíve seen some people on Twitter suggest that maybe you can get DRC and Patrick Robinson for a similar price tag to Johnson, and that might be a better way to spend cash.
    This is pretty much where I am at as well, especially with the trading of Randall. Johnson is an expensive asset in a FA period where there are a lot of decent options. Getting 2 from that next tier seems like a more logical option than overspending on Johnson.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Yeah I get the feeling we're going for two second tier guys over tj or something like that, no doubt

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,501
    The twitter rumors seem to indicate that we are one of the early teams in on Johnson though. Sounds like us, raiders and cowboys have the most interest right away.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,976
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The twitter rumors seem to indicate that we are one of the early teams in on Johnson though. Sounds like us, raiders and cowboys have the most interest right away.
    Yeah but Joe Arrigo started that lol

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The twitter rumors seem to indicate that we are one of the early teams in on Johnson though. Sounds like us, raiders and cowboys have the most interest right away.
    Gute wasnt kidding about being in on everyone. Also contact made with Grahams reps.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •