Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    got damn it, rams traded for talib too. i was really hoping GB signed a veteran cb, not looking forward to going back next year with same secondary that cant stay healthy and got burned last 3 years... fuller or trumaine are only guys really left worth something, not sure if EJ gaines is FA or not
    we dont have the cap for him. they are keeping his 11 million. we have spent years glorifying ted because he took us out of cap hell and now we sit with one of the worst caps and not many good players.

lol you guys have to be a little more patient than this. I get that TT was a pain in the *** when it came to FA but this is Brian's first year so give it a chance first lol. You gotta remember that Aaron's new contract is going to handicap us when it comes to FA as well.

i wanted Talib too but not via trade, rather of had him as a street FA. And apparently he wanted to go to LA with wade phillips or back to NE. So doesn't sound like he would've ever been a Packer.

well see what ends up happening with Wilkerson. Kinda wanted him after imagining the depth of our DL. But we prob want him only if the price is right. And Wilk isn't desperate seeing as the Saints and Chiefs are having him in for a visit. I have doubts that we get that done. Hope we do tho

Iím not sure how I feel about wilk. Heíd help, but our DL is already solid. We donít have a ton of money to spend, so it makes me wonder if the money couldnít be better spent on a corner or something.

I also am starting to worry we are too scared to pull the trigger on any restructures. I mean those moves should be happening this week. What's the hold up there. We actually have around 19 mil in space now. 11 or so to spend. And we usually leave some room to go into the season with.

Is there actually a chance we do next to nothing in FA per usual?

Richard Sherman would look good and green and gold. Wonder if he could handle being a packet though.

The thing with restructures is that they cost future money. Jordy is probably the only true candidate to take less money. The other guys are young or productive enough that they could play chicken and say cut me. So in most cases, if you restructure, you add a year or two to the contract. Which means youíll have dead money next year if you want to release a guy.

So as much as we all want restructure to free up cap this year, it may not be the worst idea to let these guys expire and get all of that money back next year. And truthfully, cap space for 1 year is pretty easy to manipulate. So itís not like $18 mill is a small amount of money, espeically since we should have a bunch of money fall off the cap next year.

Look at the contract AJ bouye signed last year. He signed a deal worth $13.5 per year, but they structured it so that his cap hit was like $5.5 mill for year 1 and they have an out after year 2 basically. Gilmoreís deal isnít quite as drastic, but he only costed $8.5 against the cap in year 1 with an out after year 3.

So letís say we want to sign a guy like Colvin to an $8 mill per year deal. Itís not really that hard to sign him to a deal where the cap hits come at $5/$9/$9/$9 or maybe even something like $5/$7/$9/$11 with an out after year 3 with little dead money.

agreed crew. im actually thinking that rodgers deal is going to free up some cap this year as well despite being ridiculous. i dont think wilkerson is near dead yet and there will be free agents to be had. i would like to restructure jordy tho.

FA doesn't start for a week guys. Chillax.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    FA doesn't start for a week guys. Chillax.
    Tell that to the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    agreed crew. im actually thinking that rodgers deal is going to free up some cap this year as well despite being ridiculous. i dont think wilkerson is near dead yet and there will be free agents to be had. i would like to restructure jordy tho.
    Itís hard to say with Rodgers. I donít know that well free up space per day, since heís only costing like $21 mill against the cap, but I could see us trying to keep his cap hit close for that number this year.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Itís hard to say with Rodgers. I donít know that well free up space per day, since heís only costing like $21 mill against the cap, but I could see us trying to keep his cap hit close for that number this year.
    i dunno i think that is about the only way they will do it besides maybe Jordy. Can't see them cutting or restructuring Cobb or Matthews. Bulaga would be a small help to the cap if we cut him I guess.

Tell that to the Rams.
    Oh no one team did stuff and hardly anyone else. We're so screwed lol.

When we beat their Madden dream team in the playoffs I'll find this part of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Oh no one team did stuff and hardly anyone else. We're so screwed lol.

When we beat their Madden dream team in the playoffs I'll find this part of this thread.
    I hope you do.

I hope you do.
    There is just too much depressive outrage for how early we are. It's not the draft, not fa, trades aren't even official yet... Plenty of time until we can truly *****

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast