Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    As a fan of the team, I want to keep Jordy. But at the end of the day, isnít it really the correct move to cut Jordy? Cobb is still relatively effective out of the slot. The talk is about moving Jordy to the slot in hopes he can be as effective as Cobb. Perhaps Jordy is more willing to restructure, but other than that, I donít think Jordy really offers much benefit over Cobb besides td potential.

I know Jordy has great chemistry with Rodgers, but sometimes I feel like that actually limits the offense. When Jordy is healthy, heís the guy Rodgers likes to take his shots too. And at this stage (unless he truly was hurt last year), Jordy shouldnít be the shot guy anymore. He doesnít separate as much and he and Rodgers looked off in those plays. It would probably actually benefit Rodgers be forced to find a new shot guy.
    I think that is the point. Jordy has already said hes willing to restructure his contract publicly. We don't know what Cobb has in mind but what reason does he have to restructure?

In a few of your posts I think you focus on size a little too much in determining slot vs outside guy. At the end of the day that line is already pretty blurry. But guys who are 5í11Ē or 6í can be very good all around WRs. Itís all about being able to run the full route tree and create separation. You donít need to be 6í2Ē to do that on the outside.

Iím not a big Kirk fan, but I think labeling guys like him as run of the mill slot guys isnít really fair to those guys in todayís league. I think the guys who are truly and likely accurately labeled as slot only types are either the really short guys, like under 5í10Ē or the guys who have good short area quickness but lack top end speed (like the Edelmanís of the world). Like I said, I donít love Kirk for a few reasons, but physically he can play the outside with his athletic profile.
    Questionable hands and the fact he has played in the slot his entire career. I would guess Kirk is not going to be on the outside a ton.

Moncrief is 24 years old. Heís like a year and a half older than Ridley, whoís viewed as the top rookie wr in the draft. Heís still a top shelf athlete. Luck was hurt last year and moncrief was banged up the year before. So his 2nd season was the only real season they truly played together even remotely healthy that much. And moncrief finished with 64 catches for 733 yard and 6 touchdowns at age 22.

I hardly say he has no upside, espeically since heís likely to sign for something like $3-5 mill per year. I think thatís a decent gamble to take. Heís not a guy I sign for $8 mill per year by any means, but if you can get him on like a 2 yr, $8 mill total deal with like $3.5 mill in signing bonus (aka pretty easy to cut after year 1), itís a decent gamble, which would also allow us to draft a guy this year and develop him as a 4th wr instead of a 3rd.
    I certainly agree Moncrief should be a top target for us if we are in the market for a WR.

As a fan of the team, I want to keep Jordy. But at the end of the day, isnít it really the correct move to cut Jordy? Cobb is still relatively effective out of the slot. The talk is about moving Jordy to the slot in hopes he can be as effective as Cobb. Perhaps Jordy is more willing to restructure, but other than that, I donít think Jordy really offers much benefit over Cobb besides td potential.

I know Jordy has great chemistry with Rodgers, but sometimes I feel like that actually limits the offense. When Jordy is healthy, heís the guy Rodgers likes to take his shots too. And at this stage (unless he truly was hurt last year), Jordy shouldnít be the shot guy anymore. He doesnít separate as much and he and Rodgers looked off in those plays. It would probably actually benefit Rodgers be forced to find a new shot guy.
    well yea. So if you cut Jordy, then you definitely need to sign a WR. I would go with Moncrief there, then do the same thing and draft a WR in the 2nd/sign a CB and OL depth.

Adams Cobb Moncrief and a 2nd round WR who is suited to be a boundary guy.

Heck, i maybe even prefer that. But i just dont think they cut Jordy, thats why i said what i said. Little too much loyalty there. Which would indeed be an issue if they go into the season with Adams Cobb and Nelson with no real 4th option in mind. The allison/clark/yancey games is something we dont have time for.

Ansah has been tagged. Another option for pass rusher off the board.

Kyle Fuller could be tagged as well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Currently most mocks have him anywhere between 2 and 4 for WR's taken in the draft. So not exactly overlooked. But at 5'11" with questionable hands he is most certainly best suited in the slot, which is where he spent most of his career for Texas A&M. Sounds like he is a hair quicker than Ty Montgomery but a much similar talent if we drafted him.
    Man, I guess I'm just not sure where you are getting your information... Ive seen him sitting as the 5th/6th wr in quite a few mocks... being taken in the 3rd. Yes, I've also seen him as how as 2-4 in some, but not many. This is where I feel he is overlooked and could be a steal, I see a talented player that could have 1st rd potential... being mocked in the 3rd. Feel free to disagree, maybe you don't think he's a great prospect. But, twice already you've mentioned his "questionable hands". Now, I'm always one to use an eye test over anything and rarely am I spending time reading scouting reports... but decided to read through a couple on him, since I saw the opposite of "questionable hands" and have only read things about how exceptional/great his hands are.

Maybe you are talking about how he tends to wait on a ball, or won't necessarily win a fair share of 50/50 or jump balls... theres other things going on there outside of his hands.

Kirk runs a more advanced route tree than most slot receivers, along with the quickness and speed to get open downfield.

I'd prefer him in a slot role, at least to start... but he's not limited to a slot wr role, and would never put him in the category as being "run of the mill".

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Man, I guess I'm just not sure where you are getting your information... Ive seen him sitting as the 5th/6th wr in quite a few mocks... being taken in the 3rd. Yes, I've also seen him as how as 2-4 in some, but not many. This is where I feel he is overlooked and could be a steal, I see a talented player that could have 1st rd potential... being mocked in the 3rd. Feel free to disagree, maybe you don't think he's a great prospect. But, twice already you've mentioned his "questionable hands". Now, I'm always one to use an eye test over anything and rarely am I spending time reading scouting reports... but decided to read through a couple on him, since I saw the opposite of "questionable hands" and have only read things about how exceptional/great his hands are.

Maybe you are talking about how he tends to wait on a ball, or won't necessarily win a fair share of 50/50 or jump balls... theres other things going on there outside of his hands.

Kirk runs a more advanced route tree than most slot receivers, along with the quickness and speed to get open downfield.

I'd prefer him in a slot role, at least to start... but he's not limited to a slot wr role, and would never put him in the category as being "run of the mill".
    Ya, pretty much that he hasn't shown the athleticism to make big catches. That is why most see him continuing in the slot position because that will be the best way to get him the ball and allow him to do what he does well.

And ya, I mean if he were to fall to the 3rd-5th round I think that is a great value pick. I just don't think he falls much lower than mid round 2.

The combine is going to be crazy important for the wr position. Thereís very little consensus on how the WRs fall in this draft. Heck, you have guys like st brown who is a top 5 wr in this draft on some boards and a 5th round pick on others. Thereís a decent amount of guys like that. The athletic testing is going to be important for this guys. A bad day could legitimately drop someone 3 or more rounds and weíll likely see some big time risers for the guys who test off the charts.

I am a little worried about how this is all shaking out. There are reports that say Rodgers is going to make more than Garapollo. Which makes sense, but also there doesn't seem to be any real sense in any restructures to make cap room for that. But then Gutenkunst said that its "not going to be expensive".

Per Steelers GM, they aren't interested in trading Bryant. Teams have called about him but they don't want to trade him. So another option off the table.

Per Steelers GM, they aren't interested in trading Bryant. Teams have called about him but they don't want to trade him. So another option off the table.
    Good lol

Takeaways from the press conference.

Prepare to stay the course with Brett Hundley as our backup.
    Ty Montgomery going to be used as HB/WR hybrid, but has to keep healthy to do so.
    No hurry in negotiations between Packers and Jordy/Cobb (mostly Jordy, but I take that as a sign that Cobb isn't even in the realm of those talks right now) in terms of restructures.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Takeaways from the press conference.

Prepare to stay the course with Brett Hundley as our backup.
    Ty Montgomery going to be used as HB/WR hybrid, but has to keep healthy to do so.
    No hurry in negotiations between Packers and Jordy/Cobb (mostly Jordy, but I take that as a sign that Cobb isn't even in the realm of those talks right now) in terms of restructures.
    Another takeaway is even if we dont sign a lot of FA's, Gutekunst wants to "be really agressive and see if we can be in every conversion". I think thats all we can ask for really and that alone is a welcome change. i remember danny trevethan said he would have came here but never even got a call a few years back. biggest frustration with TT was at least TRY to make the effort, especially if its a position of need. im excited for the offseason

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast