Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Googled it quick and see why now.. It helped their money situation.
    Yup, they free'd up cap space with the Bortles extension in which they will likely try and work out a deal with Robinson.

Seems like a lot of decent guard options in FA. Although I assume we go heavy in the draft with our 4th and 5th round picks on guys that can move around the oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Of course you can. That's why I called it a budget play. I wasn't trying to suggest his the best possible option. Just an interesting one that isn't super expensive.
    i like the idea of FA's adds this year. it's something that we had little expectation of in years prior. if the best name for WR's is Moncreif then i say we should not add a WR. oh, i think we need new blood at the position but our best option here is let Moncreif sign with another team.

Damn all it took was this years 4th and next years 2nd for Peters.

ah i see a 6th was added as well.

The 6th was WITH Peters I do believe
    Peters and a 6th
    This years 4th and next years 2nd.
    They must have really wanted him gone.

Cant help but be pretty bummed that Peters went for that little. Next years 2nd lol. And a measely 4th from this year.
    Funny part is that getting Peters for our 1st this year actually had a decent argument. Crazy that he goes for so so so so much less than that.

But then u have the headcase part which apparently is major since they did that trade. And the Rams will now lose Trumaine Johnson, so while that isn't really a lateral move cause Peters is a bit better, at least for the NFCs sake this wasn't some move that put LA over the top.

how about Paul Richardson? I don't really see us signing a FA wr... There isn't an upgrade big enough to cut Cobb/Jordy just to give them that money saved by cutting either of our guys. BUT, if they wish to do so... Richardson would be the guy I'd want.

Still, I'd rather us draft a guy like Christian Kirk instead.

id say there is certainly reason to sign a guy at the money we are paying jordy or cobb. but that guy needs to be on the outside running deep and giving us the threat of the long ball. not just a slot receiver. that is where many think jordy will end up after an extension and taking the pay cut.

Isnt kirk a converted running back? have to see what he does in the combine but i think with ty montgomery already eating up project time and the trevor davis experiment failed, id rather go for a product that isnt just destined to be your run of the mill slot wr.

I mean if thats what you think of him... Idk that he's a converted RB or not, he's been one of A&M's best offensive weapons and can just flat out catch the football and burn, wr all the way... IMO he's much more than a run of the mill slot receiver.

One of the most overlooked receivers in this draft, someone is gonna get a steal on him, and I seriously think he could eventually be the best wr in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    One of the most overlooked receivers in this draft, someone is gonna get a steal on him, and I seriously think he could eventually be the best wr in this class.
    Currently most mocks have him anywhere between 2 and 4 for WR's taken in the draft. So not exactly overlooked. But at 5'11" with questionable hands he is most certainly best suited in the slot, which is where he spent most of his career for Texas A&M. Sounds like he is a hair quicker than Ty Montgomery but a much similar talent if we drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Yup, they free'd up cap space with the Bortles extension in which they will likely try and work out a deal with Robinson.
    Yeah I sometimes forget that's how things can go so I was confused for a second haha

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i like the idea of FA's adds this year. it's something that we had little expectation of in years prior. if the best name for WR's is Moncreif then i say we should not add a WR. oh, i think we need new blood at the position but our best option here is let Moncreif sign with another team.
    Oh he's not. But my philosophy isn't you need the best names to improve in FA. This isn't a class with many really solid guys. Lots of risk reward types. If you can't land top guys for whatever reason, grabbing a few guys and hoping they mostly work could help. That's all I was getting at.

With every name I start to ponder I keep feeling like there's plenty of negatives to each of them. Not the best class to have money to burn it feels like.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast