Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I donít hate the idea of Colvin from the jags. Iím not sure heís a number 1, but heís a starter for us for sure. And to me, he has potential to be a Casey Hayward type in the sense that heís a little less heralded guy who can maybe break out. Realistically, heís not going to be the best graded cover guy like Hayward, but maybe he can be a surprise good player who makes a decent contract.
    I actually think he is going to be highly coveted. He is pretty much on the top of my list in terms of talent and what we would probably pay him. I think Trumaine will come at too high a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    We need new blood there but that's a scary one too. Everything feels so risky
    The potential is so crazy good though. It feels like a Moss to New England type play.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    The potential is so crazy good though. It feels like a Moss to New England type play.
    I suppose. I'm not that into these wild plays anymore. I don't have much faith he can stay clean long term. I hope he does though.

I wonder how much Justin Pugh from the Giants would cost. Nagler keeps bringing him up. He can play all along the OL. He could be the RT until Bulaga is back. Then you either have solid RT depth or Pugh can jump to G if we have injuries there.

Spotrac has his projection at $6.4 mil. We could do that and still have around 13. That's enough for my guy Aaron Colvin

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    All those guys are washed imo but maybe someone you bring in late on fa to top things off. Wouldn't make me feel much better though.

I kinda like Mo but I don't think he's really a number one either. IDK. I kind of forgot about cut candidates
    You probably said that of Charles Woodson too...but realistically most teams in the league do well with a veteran there. And that is something we dont have.

You probably said that of Charles Woodson too...but realistically most teams in the league do well with a veteran there. And that is something we dont have.
    cmon none of those players are nearly as good as Woodson was when he available. I suppose they are better than bringing back House i guess, but the woodson comparison is a bad one
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 02-23-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Woodson was entering his age 30 season when the packers signed him. The guys you mentioned will be entering their age 33-36 seasons.

Interesting thinking about Gordon as a RFA. Would be pretty fun to take a risk on him and let Cobb go.
    THIS!

I've been harping for Gordon for a while now. Send Cobb over with a draft pick and take a risk on Gordon. I undersand he is one test away from never setting foot on NFL soil again but to me, the reward FAR out weighs the risk. Maybe the enviroment and potential at GB will help him stay clean and inspired. Rodgers with Flash and Adams on the outside and Jordy in the slot is just a scary thought for oposing defenses.

#iamgute

I didn't. But I also don't think veteran leadership is that important if the dudes can't play.

Those guys to me are third tier targets. I'm not against any of them but I don't think any of them are going to help much unless we find a true #1 type, however they can.

Woodson was entering his age 30 seas on when the packers signed him. The guys you mentioned will be entering their age 33-36 seasons.
    I thought he meant when he was released by us actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 12to85 View Post
    THIS!

I've been harping for Gordon for a while now. Send Cobb over with a draft pick and take a risk on Gordon. I undersand he is one test away from never setting foot on NFL soil again but to me, the reward FAR out weighs the risk. Maybe the enviroment and potential at GB will help him stay clean and inspired. Rodgers with Flash and Adams on the outside and Jordy in the slot is just a scary thought for oposing defenses.
    I wonder if they just first round tender him. I haven't heard if they want to get rid of him though, so maybe they do. But once they put that kind of tender on him, I think you'd find it hard to get them to take Cobb and a pick.

Think of it this way, if we had Gordon, would you take Cobb and a mid pick? I wouldn't. I think that's kind of what it comes down to

It's one of those things that's all alluring that you think why not, but I truly wonder how much you give up... Then like was said, if anything happens you got nothing. Idk. It doesn't feel like a move we make but maybe times are changing.

I donít hate the idea of Colvin from the jags. Iím not sure heís a number 1, but heís a starter for us for sure. And to me, he has potential to be a Casey Hayward type in the sense that heís a little less heralded guy who can maybe break out. Realistically, heís not going to be the best graded cover guy like Hayward, but maybe he can be a surprise good player who makes a decent contract.
    I feel like I know nothing about that guy lol. He's in my blind spot somehow. But knowing him as a prospect and that others have said, it feels like a decent fit

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...-Dix-115465005

Not a fan of this rumored HaHa for Martavis Bryant trade. Unless Pettine doesn't like him, why trade a talented (if inconsistent) young safety for a WR who has a lot of baggage to go along with his upside. If we're going for WRs who've been suspended for entire seasons, let's go for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...-Dix-115465005

Not a fan of this rumored HaHa for Martavis Bryant trade. Unless Pettine doesn't like him, why trade a talented (if inconsistent) young safety for a WR who has a lot of baggage to go along with his upside. If we're going for WRs who've been suspended for entire seasons, let's go for Gordon.
    Just a random dude throwing random **** at the wall it looks like from reading it. I wouldn't worry that's ever going to have any chance of happening.

Cleveland has a boatload of picks and cap space. They are the perfect team to continue to take a chance on Gordon. Itís similar to the peters situation to me. Cleveland needs studs. They donít need more mid to late round picks and they donít need to clear cap space. No reason for them to really want to move on from Gordon. And if they do, thatís probably a major red flag that they think he has zero chance at staying clean.

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast