Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I need to vent a bit.....

You all are welcome to vent also..

Ok, before I participate in any of the other Redskin discussions on Facebook.......lets get this straight

1. Dan Snyder is not getting fired or selling the team

2. Jay Gruden is..and will be the coach next year

3. Bruce Allen is not going anywhere either

4.. Kirk Cousins is probably going to get tagged.....team should make every effort to sign him. If he simply wants out.....transition tag so we get a pick...

Ok.......now we can talk

I feel better..
    Last edited by coconut; 01-02-2018 at 07:50 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Youve been reading too much Extreme Skins it seems.

Yeh, everybody wants to fire everybody.....

I find that detaching myself from the team's decisions help, especially being an Orioles fan. Sometimes you just have to not fight and realize this is how the team is.

I don't get why the redskins don't transition tag, first it for less money, second u get picks if someone else signs him and third I think u get to match if i am right so much better than the franchise tag which cost way to much

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    I don't get why the redskins don't transition tag, first it for less money, second u get picks if someone else signs him and third I think u get to match if i am right so much better than the franchise tag which cost way to much
    Most likely is what they will do....

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    Transition doesn't get picks, and then allows the other interested team to "poison pill" the Redskins with clauses such as "if he plays more than two games in Washington DC his salary jumps 50%" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Transition doesn't get picks, and then allows the other interested team to "poison pill" the Redskins with clauses such as "if he plays more than two games in Washington DC his salary jumps 50%" or something like that.
    I thought the new CBA eliminated poison pills
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I guess there can be very few moves until the Cousins issue is resolved....

That's the issue I have with tagging him again, I don't think $28 million is market value for Kirk. I would much rather sign Zach Brown, and build up the rest of the team. I would make a fair offer to Kirk and if he rejects it draft a QB and sign a stopgap veteran like Sam Bradford. I, for one, am very tired of the back and forth with Kirk and the Redskins. The money is getting ridiculous, I would probably only offer $24 million max and have a good amount guaranteed ($72).

Jamiedog...you are offering up too much common sense for the regular fan. Like it or not, the organization has backed us into a corner on Cousins, and the only thing left to do is try and offer a deal....but he needs to walk. Offer him $23/yr (he turns it down) and move on. Transition tag gets NO PICK. Losing him to free agency gets a compensation pick.

The problem is that we are squarley in the middle. I do trust Gruden to develop a QB. I think you draft a Josh Allen (not Mayfield or Lamar Jackson, no matter what) and you have him learn under Colt. If you swing and miss, this is one of the better FA classes at QB in memory. Tyrod may be releases, Keenum, Brees (resign prob), Brodgewater, McCown, Bradford. Any of those 6 guys are serviceable (not a McCown fan). But you do NOT ruin this entire franchise to sign Cousins. One of the big reasons the Pats are always good is that Brady takes a massive discount annually to sign a better team. Cousins will not be so selfless, in-fact, he will only stay in Wash at the destruction of the entire franchise paying him money that ruins the team. I kind of don't blame him too, he has been screwed around.

And, we better let Breeland walk. He wants top 5 CB money...you have to be kidding me, he stinks

Also, in regards to Brady, they have the pipeline of young players through the draft that they build their roster on. Therefore, you can spend the money for Brady and a FA or two when you need them (i.e. Gilmore two years ago) because the rest of your roster is so young and on the cheap. We've never committed to building that way except under McCloughan, and I wonder how long our true focus on the draft is going to last.

Snyder is an under rated owner. He is not afraid to spend money for players and coaches.
    very few owners are as pro active as Snyder. Allen is solid and provides stability.
    Gruden is mediocre at best, and should have been fired last week.

Quote Originally Posted by REDRYDER71 View Post
    Snyder is an under rated owner. He is not afraid to spend money for players and coaches.
    very few owners are as pro active as Snyder. Allen is solid and provides stability.
    Gruden is mediocre at best, and should have been fired last week.
    Allen stabbed McCloughan in the back to keep his control of the front office. Snyder spends his money, sure, but it's mostly ill-advised at best. He always thinks the former greatest thing (Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan) or the shiny new toy (Steve Spurrier) are what's going to bring the Redskins to the promised land. What we need is someone who is going to build long-term through the draft and install a great player development system. We had that, and we fired him for someone who wants control.