Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    with the top heavy numbers at TE, WR and CB my fear is there is a difficult cut that ends up hurting this team long term. maybe Jones suspension keeps a guy here. IDN? i see only 2 QB's on the team this year so there is another position.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i do not have the knowledge many of you guys have here. i appreciate your comments and incite. with 3 CB's as locks to make the team King, Alexander, Jackson barring injury and two FA signings as more locks i am not seeing why there is not at least talk of trading some of these guys. O line tackle depth still is deeply concerning to me. can't we move one of these guys for something we might need? i get the sense we are developing guys for other teams come cut down time.
    That would be a development thatíll have to wait until training camp, and most likely something that would be right around final cutdowns.

If thatís the case...where they have 6-8 corners they are happy with...and they have to cut one...they could possibly move one.

Injuries and underperformance could nix that ability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically, Williams is staying as the vet. And the 3 guys drafted at the top of the last 2 drafts are safe. So that leaves house, pipkins, brown (I think heís back), hawkins, waters or another udfa. The likelihood of one of those guys actually developing real trade value is slim. We signed house to basically a non guaranteed vet minimum deal, so clearly there isnít a ton of interest in him around the league. And the other guys have shown very little to nothing in the regular season. Best case scenario most likely is we trade a guy we are going to cut to a team for someone they are going to cut. Itís fairly unlikely that the guy weíd get back would be a OT whos better than what we currently have at backup OT.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't think any of them would have value to bring anyone in. They are still unproven commodities. Tramon and Williams are about the only ones that have any extensive experience in the league. Tramon will be kept for the veteran presence House is a bubble guy and really isn't that great, he might bring in a conditional 7th.
    I guess maybe with House you get a trash for trash trade with a team that was also going to cut someone maybe? IDK

i do not have the knowledge many of you guys have here. i appreciate your comments and incite. with 3 CB's as locks to make the team King, Alexander, Jackson barring injury and two FA signings as more locks i am not seeing why there is not at least talk of trading some of these guys. O line tackle depth still is deeply concerning to me. can't we move one of these guys for something we might need? i get the sense we are developing guys for other teams come cut down time.
    I don't think OT depth is a real issue. It just was last year with Bulaga, Spriggs, and Murphy down they were down to tackle #5. That's not a scenario that should repeat itself.

Packers claimed OG Ethan Cooper off waivers from the Giants.

An undrafted free agent last year, Cooper spent most of 2017 on the Giants' practice squad and was re-signed to a futures deal in January. He'll give the Packers some line depth going into training camp.
    Source: Field Yates on Twitter

JAG signing.

Packers claimed OG Ethan Cooper off waivers from the Giants.

An undrafted free agent last year, Cooper spent most of 2017 on the Giants' practice squad and was re-signed to a futures deal in January. He'll give the Packers some line depth going into training camp.
    Source: Field Yates on Twitter

JAG signing.
    Certainly just guy at this point but I like this guy as a flyer signing and I'll tell ya why. Ethan Cooper would have most likely been a high recruit out of high school based on production but grades and poor training habits crushed him. So he does the small school thing dominates and then tests well at combine and shows well at work outs. He shows teams he obviously changed his approach and they are impressed.

He was a projected 5th round pick according to wiki for what its worth, sounds feasible. However he slips out of draft and is a high priority FA. He's bounced around a lil but is never at home long. He's a strong athletic for his size guard. Kind of a thick squatty guy with good hips. This could very easily turn to nothing but he has some tools and could surprise. Guessing kofi amichia is really still not showing anything for us.

He's a smart hard working young guy who seems to have some natural gifts. That's really all you can ask for as a back of the bench type for training camp competition. He could turn heads who knows. I'll say this he's very much a pure guard where Cole I think has a solid chance to make it at tackle. I know madison will get a chance at tackle and the PFF guys love him and swear he's a tackle. Anyways heres an interview and short workout vid from cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xiex-5WeA
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 07-16-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Yupp, i agree

Never heard anything about the kid until Shady's post, doesn't sound like a bad guy at this point to bring in to me. I bet we all called McCray a jag too right? I know I laughed that we signed a freaking OL out of the arena league. Ya never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

i don't hate the signing. more concerned O line is undergoing tweaking at guard. going in i thought tackle was the weak spot. signing is early enough to help both parties.

There is still also the chance that if they don't like what they see they could bring Jahri Evans back. I know he was on the fence about whether or not he would retire but, I do believe he said that he would be interested in another go around with the Packers.

RIP Gene Wilder

Evans back is a win, win imo

i don't hate the signing. more concerned O line is undergoing tweaking at guard. going in i thought tackle was the weak spot. signing is early enough to help both parties.
    I strongly doubt this move is in any way a reflection of their thoughts about the guys they have at guard currently. Itís very likely more a reflection of their view of this player than anything. Itís a guy theyíve probably had their eye on for awhile as a decent developmental guy so heís available and they grabbed him. They saw the dude at tackle in camp and was probably a camp body at best.

I wouldnít read into this as any concern about our depth at the offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    Evans back is a win, win imo
    If he isnít starting, then heís not very valuable. We donít keep a ton of offensive lineman, so the backups need to play multiple spots. Evans doesnít do that. Kind of a tough guy to keep on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I strongly doubt this move is in any way a reflection of their thoughts about the guys they have at guard currently. Itís very likely more a reflection of their view of this player than anything. Itís a guy theyíve probably had their eye on for awhile as a decent developmental guy so heís available and they grabbed him. They saw the dude at tackle in camp and was probably a camp body at best.

I wouldnít read into this as any concern about our depth at the offensive line.

If he isnít starting, then heís not very valuable. We donít keep a ton of offensive lineman, so the backups need to play multiple spots. Evans doesnít do that. Kind of a tough guy to keep on the roster.
    well presumably if Evans is re-signed its because they don't feel comfortable with the guys they have on roster and Evans is the starter and the other guys would be fighting for back-up spots.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    well presumably if Evans is re-signed its because they don't feel comfortable with the guys they have on roster and Evans is the starter and the other guys would be fighting for back-up spots.
    And I bet Evans isn't dying to come back unless he knows he's starting. So it makes sense both ways. Though I'm a little scared of him showing up late after they are worried too. Is what it is I guess

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast